Jump to content

Prayers for Coach Stuen


Recommended Posts

Lost for words.  Really feel for Coach Stuen's family.  This is devastating.  Then the reports of his hospitalization came out, I knew in the back of my head this was a real possibility given how serious the situation sounded, but you kind of expect a young guy to make it (or perhaps don't want to think about him not).

It goes without saying that the team should figure out a way or several ways to honor Coach Stuen during the upcoming season and forward.  Patches on jerseys is a traditional way.  I hope the AD figures out some other really cool / heartfelt ways to honor him and help bring peace to his family.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, just 2ish days ago I saw that his wife posted about heading to the beachs in Florida and I thought, hope this means Ford is doing much better.

 

29, that’s all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Such a shame to be be taken from this world at such a young age, with a young growing family, and a bright future doing something he loved. God be with you on your next journey Ford Stuen and with those you left behind way too early. Ford we hardly knew ye, but you will be missed by all those whose lives you touched. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Condolences for the family.

Reality check for everyone else.

Awful awful awful news, but if nothing else hug your loved ones and appreciate what you have, here and now. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Condolences to the family I am sorry for the pain of losing a loved one.

Condolences to the players and coaches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A young and athletic guy like him on a ventilator is never good news. I am very sorry to hear he has passed away. This is not something anyone expected to happen. My condolences and prayers to the family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

A young and athletic guy like him on a ventilator is never good news. I am very sorry to hear he has passed away. This is not something anyone expected to happen. My condolences and prayers to the family.

Indeed. Absolutely heartbreaking. We obviously don't want to speculate but the ventilator  makes me think of covid right away of course. No one in his age group and in the shape he was in should go like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Indeed. Absolutely heartbreaking. We obviously don't want to speculate but the ventilator  makes me think of covid right away of course. No one in his age group and in the shape he was in should go like this. 

“5 On Your Side's Frank Cusumano confirmed that assistant coach Ford Stuen, 29, died on Tuesday morning. Late in the Billikens' 2020-2021 season, Stuen complained of pain in his stomach area. He was diagnosed with an infection and never recovered, even after antibiotics and a medically-induced coma. Stuen had been hospitalized since Easter.”
 

 

Perhaps you shouldn’t speculate then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

“5 On Your Side's Frank Cusumano confirmed that assistant coach Ford Stuen, 29, died on Tuesday morning. Late in the Billikens' 2020-2021 season, Stuen complained of pain in his stomach area. He was diagnosed with an infection and never recovered, even after antibiotics and a medically-induced coma. Stuen had been hospitalized since Easter.”
 

 

Perhaps you shouldn’t speculate then.

In fairness, two people in my office read the article and asked me about it. Both thought it sounded like COVID. I told them I didn't think it was but couldn't explain what it was and why there wasn't a better description of what happened. I understand the desire for privacy, but when things aren't explained it leads to speculation and given the past year, speculation about COVID is completely natural.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Man, that sounds terrible. That family definitely needs all the support they can get right now. 

With a little kid already here and another one just about to be born (or born already), yes, you are not kidding his wife needs support. This  poor woman is going to have a very tough time getting back to normal after this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...