Gibson Jimerson Returning?

50 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I was pretty bitter towards the end of the season and was perfectly content with everyone (with the exception of Parker and LHJ) leaving but I started changing my mind on Gibby once conference play rolled around. Very glad he's coming back next season. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

With VCU and Dayton both disintegrating, SLU can assume control of the A10 and dominate it. 

The Gibson news is great for sure, but we may need to calm expectations a bit here.  We still have a ton of holes in this roster, and a coach that has a ton of inadequacies apart from recruiting.  We didn’t dominate the A10 with our “best” roster ever, I don’t think we should expect to dominate it next year. 

51 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

This is massive. Completely changes my view on what could be possible for next year’s team. 

This is where I am.  GJ coming back single handedly means that we are not going to slip into averaging 57 ppg land as a team.  I am generally okay with running Larry at the 2 in the starting line up, although Ford probably wants the thick guard from Oklahoma.  

I think we need portal finds for both the 4 and 5 spots.  Throwing the keys to Cian as pg is cool with me but again, Ford probably doesnt love that.  

11 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Please don’t confuse Frank with your buddy, Courtside…. Must have broke your heart that the report was true, right Brian?? 

Seriously, what the fnck is wrong with you?

I am pumped Gibson is back.  Hell, I was one of the few on here that actually defended him when he was going through his month long shooting slump and people where whining he couldn't hit a big shot.

Unlike you, all I want is for the Billikens to win bigger than they have.  I don't care who the coach is.  I will be just as happy if it is with Travis Ford as the coach, Jim Crews as the coach or Old Guy as the coach.  I thought this just finished season continued a disappointing trend and it was time for a change.  I will be happy as anyone if Travis Ford makes me look like an idiot.  Keeping Gibson around is a good start to doing so.

Good stuff you have to re-recruit your roster every year and this is a good start.   Need those big men and another PG.

What if YC stayed and we also got a portal PG?  Do we have space?

12 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Good stuff you have to re-recruit your roster every year and this is a good start.   Need those big men and another PG.

Even if YC stayed, I don’t think we are in any position to be turning down any useful player who wants to come here, PG or any other position. I say open it up Arkansas style, maximum competition for spots. 

12 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Interesting thought, I wonder how many would actually want him back? 

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

I agree on everything else. I just think his mid range, for how good of a shooter he is leaves a lot to be desired. 

everytime jimerson entered that 3 point circle the attack began.   after games he would have cuts and bruises galore.   i dont know if i ever saw a player for the billikens get beat to hell as badly as jimerson got beat up the last two years.   so some of those misses inside the 3 point line i attribute to that.   

still leading scorer and best shooting percentage on the team.   to want more from jimerson is really asking a lot.   i wouldnt doubt he brings it though.   he has proven what a hard worker he is.   

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree brian completely.   i too defended and got hit in the digital mouth here for it.  but i kept pointing out he has still our leading scorer and highest shooting percentage guy.   eventually he came back to even higher numbers and then the wolves went back in their caves.   

I did get too down on him during his midseason slump.......

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

everytime jimerson entered that 3 point circle the attack began.   after games he would have cuts and bruises galore.   i dont know if i ever saw a player for the billikens get beat to hell as badly as jimerson got beat up the last two years.   so some of those misses inside the 3 point line i attribute to that.   

still leading scorer and best shooting percentage on the team.   to want more from jimerson is really asking a lot.   i wouldnt doubt he brings it though.   he has proven what a hard worker he is.   

This is the A10 zebra crap that the ref apologists on this board ignore like ostriches with their heads buried in the shifting sands, and purport to rip those who point out the obvious fouls in the GDT.  Jimerson gets the holy hell beat out of him during A10 East Coast wrestling/slug fests, with impunity to the perpetrators.  Oh and by the way, Yuri got checked in plain view in the open court by the VCU Gimmick virtually every offensive trip down the floor.  It was truly amazing how that same crap was called on VCU in the NCAA vs. St. Mary's.

16 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree brian completely.   i too defended and got hit in the digital mouth here for it.  but i kept pointing out he has still our leading scorer and highest shooting percentage guy.   eventually he came back to even higher numbers and then the wolves went back in their caves.   

Just glad he got out of that slump and glad he is coming back.  It should help in landing players in the portal.

This is good news. Where does the team stand right now?

PG: Medley, Hughes

Off-guard: Thames, Parker

3/4 wings: Hargrove, Jimerson, Rivera

Bigs: Zhang, Cisse, Vice

I'd say that's in the 6th-9th place range, if things break right. My desires are: (1)combo guard who can defend the ball, like what Demarius Jacobs could have been (2) wing 3 & d type, like Hargrove. 4/5 banger who can protect the rim, like French. All three can be 20-25mpg types.  

3 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

I'd say that's in the 6th-9th place range, if things break right. My desires are: (1)combo guard who can defend the ball, like what Demarius Jacobs could have been (2) wing 3 & d type, like Hargrove. 4/5 banger who can protect the rim, like French. All three can be 20-25mpg types.  

i am an optimist, get three more of the right guys, lets win the whole thing

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nope. Defense. We tried outscoring last year.

Outscore them.  

LMU with Hank and Bo, Golden State Warriors with Steph and Klay, LA Lakers Showtime with Magic and Kareem, Kobe and Shaq ... West Coast Hoops is the way to go.  Leave those plodding East Coast Bus Leaguers in the dust!

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Outscore them.  

LMU with Hank and Bo, Golden State Warriors with Steph and Klay, LA Lakers Showtime with Magic and Kareem, Kobe and Shaq ... West Coast Hoops is the way to go.  Leave those plodding East Coast Bus Leaguers in the dust!

Because it went so well for us last year.... Seriously, if this team is made up the same way last years was we're in trouble. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Because it went so well for us last year.... Seriously, if this team is made up the same way last years was we're in trouble. 

Perkins wasn't 100%.  We didn't have all the horses. 

Get Caleb Love, Jimerson is returning, bring back Yuri for his final year of eligibility to run the Showtime, and watch this team take off.

gabriel likes this

12 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

currently.  We'll either get a starting: PG, Guard, center. OR PG, Forward, Center still