Gibson Jimerson Returning?

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Personally I think his mid range game is holding him back. Parker, Yuri, and JP all have better jumpers.

Disagree.  His mid-range game has improved dramatically, reminds of Scott Highmark, as has his drives to the basket, many set play back doors.  He is no longer a mere spot up 3 point shooter, although he remains a good one, with a quick delivery.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Disagree.  His mid-range game has improved dramatically, reminds of Scott Highmark, as has his drives to the basket, many set play back doors.  He is no longer a mere spot up 3 point shooter, although he remains a good one, with a quick delivery.

I agree on everything else. I just think his mid range, for how good of a shooter he is leaves a lot to be desired. 

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I agree on everything else. I just think his mid range, for how good of a shooter he is leaves a lot to be desired. 

That brings up an interesting question, how many of his shots were 'mid range' this past season.  He took 11.2 FG attempts per game, 6.4 FGA's were three point shots, and only 4.8 were two point shots.  We know that a bunch of those two point shots were at the rim, so how many would be 'mid range'?  No more than 1 or 2 per game would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

That brings up an interesting question, how many of his shots were 'mid range' this past season.  He took 11.2 FG attempts per game, 6.4 FGA's were three point shots, and only 4.8 were two point shots.  We know that a bunch of those two point shots were at the rim, so how many would be 'mid range'?  No more than 1 or 2 per game would be my guess. 

Ya not many.  I think if he can get a good mid range jumper going, it will be impossible to guard him. 

This is a great unexpected surprise. It is VERY difficult keeping players around in today's environment. Ford deserves some credit that Gibby thinks enough of him to stick around. Obviously this will greatly help a young guard like Medley, but we really need to add an experienced combo guard too. I want a starting guard, so Medley and Hughes can come off the bench.

19 minutes ago, gabriel said:

What a day, that’s a huge get for the team. Convincing guys to stay is half the battle now a days. He could’ve gone basically anywhere he wanted.

I certainly question that last part, but it is great to get him back for one more season.

JMM28 likes this

49 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yeah, he doesn’t really have much of a game developed beyond knocking down 3s and back cutting for points at the rim. Would love to see him develop more of an offensive game beyond those two things. But obviously if he can play as more of a 3 with two combo guard types the offensive skill set he already has will be just fine. I think last year the roster was just a bit odd and while he had a big year there were times where some of his deficiencies were highlighted due to playing with Perkins and Pickett/Hargrove and being more of the 2.

9 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yeah, he doesn’t really have much of a game developed beyond knocking down 3s and back cutting for points at the rim. Would love to see him develop more of an offensive game beyond those two things. But obviously if he can play as more of a 3 with two combo guard types the offensive skill set he already has will be just fine. I think last year the roster was just a bit odd and while he had a big year there were times where some of his deficiencies were highlighted due to playing with Perkins and Pickett/Hargrove and being more of the 2.

I do recall him quite a bit curling around screens and knocking down some mid-range shots. He's never going to create his own shot off the dribble, so I agree with your point, he's really more of a 3. He needs to play alongside two-ballhandler/distributors. That was the biggest problem with how last year's team was constructed. IMO, way too much thrown on YC and GJ, instead of sharing some roles.

1 minute ago, thunderdan said:

Love it! Hoping Coach Ford can secure some scoring help, in the portal. 

Gibby's return should help with Parker's continued development also since GJ will continue to be the primary focus of opposing defenses.