Gibson Jimerson Returning?

8 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

This is good news. Where does the team stand right now?

PG: Medley, Hughes

Off-guard: Thames, Parker

3/4 wings: Hargrove, Jimerson, Rivera

Bigs: Zhang, Cisse, Vice

I'd say that's in the 6th-9th place range, if things break right. My desires are: (1)combo guard who can defend the ball, like what Demarius Jacobs could have been (2) wing 3 & d type, like Hargrove. 4/5 banger who can protect the rim, like French. All three can be 20-25mpg types.  

Hopefully Hughes stays as walk on, which would give us four scholarships still to give.

My prediction is that two of the current players that you list will transfer, freeing up a couple more spots. The return of Gibby gives us one certain returning starter. This may be wishful thinking, but I would like to get three starting caliber players in the portal, plus a solid rotational player.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Perkins wasn't 100%.  We didn't have all the horses. 

Get Caleb Love, Jimerson is returning, bring back Yuri for his final year of eligibility to run the Showtime, and watch this team take off.

We would be so bad down low we would have to shoot 50% from 3 every single game.

Just now, Bay Area Billiken said:

Perkins wasn't 100%.  We didn't have all the horses. 

Get Caleb Love, Jimerson is returning, bring back Yuri for his final year of eligibility to run the Showtime, and watch this team take off.

You think Perkins being what he was vs 100% is the difference between being a 96 in the NET and the NCAA Tournament? I don't. This team couldn't defend and they couldn't set a screen to get open looks. Get closer to the 2018-19 style or we're going to be having the same conversations in 12 months. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

You think Perkins being what he was vs 100% is the difference between being a 96 in the NET and the NCAA Tournament? I don't. This team couldn't defend and they couldn't set a screen to get open looks. Get closer to the 2018-19 style or we're going to be having the same conversations in 12 months. 

Not with Caleb Love on the roster.  He was the best player on a blueblood that played for the National Championship, was a consensus 5 star recruit from CBC, Mr. Show Me Basketball.  Let's get him to SLU.

We need rebounders.  Our top three rebounders from this past season won't be back.  Hope the staff is reaching out to guys who care enough to rebound.  I don't care how tall they are.  Jordan Goodwin was (is) 6'3" and he was relentless on the boards.  That's what we need.

If you don't want to defend, please don't apply. 

willie likes this

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Not with Caleb Love on the roster.  He was the best player on a blueblood that played for the National Championship, was a consensus 5 star recruit from CBC, Mr. Show Me Basketball.  Let's get him to SLU.

He is not currently on the roster, nor is there any indication that he's seriously considering SLU. He'd be a great get, but my point remains. This team needs defense, toughness and grit. 

Fraz likes this

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

How many burner accounts do you have here?  It’s funny that it’s the same three guys liking and quoting each other, and posting in their own “secret code”. 🤣

Steve looked up IPs on Metz’s burners back in the day. Could probably do it now, too. Now Metz just does his schtick under thatskablamo….

Just now, gobillsgo said:

How many burner accounts do you have here?  It’s funny that it’s the same three guys liking and quoting each other, and posting in their own “secret code”. 🤣

Dennis is for sure a different guy and I am pretty confident Henry is too.  I actually like Dennis.  Good guy and along with his son is responsible for one of my favorite posts on this forum.  Dennis probably doesn't think the same about me and that is okay.

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Dennis is for sure a different guy and I am pretty confident Henry is too.  I actually like Dennis.  Good guy and along with his son is responsible for one of my favorite posts on this forum.  Dennis probably doesn't think the same about me and that is okay.

thanks brian, i am pretty sure they are different guys, just happens we are right thinkin  kind of guys. lol

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

No, we need to win the regular season outright and secure an at large to go with it. Tired of counting on BKLYN.

05, as long as SLU is in the A10, the at large may no longer be available under the new rules of engagement aka the Power 5 + 1 NET power play, the latest rendition of the Golden Rule (He who holds the gold makes the Rule), the redistribution of at large bid$.

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

05, as long as SLU is in the A10, the at large may no longer be available under the new rules of engagement aka the Power 5 + 1 NET power play, the latest rendition of the Golden Rule (He who holds the gold makes the Rule), the redistribution of at large bid$.

VCU wasn’t going this year without the tournament win. 

23 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

We would have gotten an at large had we not pissed it away by being terrible. Our schedule was there, same with Dayton and VCU. Don’t blame the net because the teams sucked.

Gibson returning is huge! He has made significant improvements in his game each year, works really hard and he plays team ball. In my view he was our best player last year. His quick release is amazing. We now have pieces we can build around and hopefully attract the missing pieces. 

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Seriously, what the fnck is wrong with you?

I am pumped Gibson is back.  Hell, I was one of the few on here that actually defended him when he was going through his month long shooting slump and people where whining he couldn't hit a big shot.

Unlike you, all I want is for the Billikens to win bigger than they have.  I don't care who the coach is.  I will be just as happy if it is with Travis Ford as the coach, Jim Crews as the coach or Old Guy as the coach.  I thought this just finished season continued a disappointing trend and it was time for a change.  I will be happy as anyone if Travis Ford makes me look like an idiot.  Keeping Gibson around is a good start to doing so.

Old Guy as coach…this gave me a good chuckle. Thanks for the levity!😂