Gibson Jimerson Returning?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Fantasy world. 
Back on earth, there’s 2 mid-major teams in the final four along with a team from a great basketball only conference. Only one “P5” team to be found. 

One always knows the argument has been won when the lame insults get hurled. 

You have failed to explain why North Texas, with its NET of 38 was snubbed by the NCAA and instead is playing tomorrow night for the NIT Championship. You have also failed to explain the transfer of 6 NCAA at large bids from the “mid-majors” to the Power 5 + 1.

But by all means keep spewing the narrative. At some point even you might grow tired of it. 

If we went in to the portal and found a player who played 33 games averaging nearly 34 min /gm  and 14ppg with shooting grades of B+/ A- / A+ / A+ (45.7/ 53.2/ 40.1/ 83.7) would you take that player? You bet...knowing that this might be your best get for 23-24 season...Well,  remove the question mark from the thread headline and  you have the answer.

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If we went in to the portal and found a player who played 33 games averaging nearly 34 min /gm  and 14ppg with shooting grades of B+/ A- / A+ / A+ (45.7/ 53.2/ 40.1/ 83.7) would you take that player? You bet...knowing that this might be your best get for 23-24 season...Well,  remove the question mark from the thread headline and  you have the answer.

The return of Gibson Jimerson changes the outlook, is a tremendous shot in the arm to the program. 

MB73 likes this

I know our defense was terrible this year. But, we still need to find some legit scorers in the portal.

Gibson, as the 2nd or 3rd offensive option, is lethal. As the main option, teams shut him down.

8 hours ago, thunderdan said:

I know our defense was terrible this year. But, we still need to find some legit scorers in the portal.

Gibson, as the 2nd or 3rd offensive option, is lethal. As the main option, teams shut him down.

I expect Parker to be a double digit scorer, but we will need one more.

I’m looking forward to a new roster and have no desire to “get the band back together” from a team that underachieved as much as these guys did. That being said, there is ALWAYS room for a guy who hits 3’s at over 40% with high volume. This is great news. Now get some dawgs who want to defend and some real bigs. 

Box and Won, Zink, Adman and 3 others like this

9 hours ago, thunderdan said:

Scoring doesn't work this way. Jimerson has been the leading scorer for two seasons in a row. He's done it pretty efficiently. He's not a shot creator though.

Basketball isn't like football. Defenses don't "scheme" in the same way, like the Chiefs of old where you could either stop Kelce or Tyreke Hill. The whole notion of Perkins on one side, Jimerson on the other, and no way to defend it.... this was always silly

Most offensive advantage in modern day basketball come from dribble penetration or mismatches created by the pick and roll. SLU has lost a great passer, the greatest we'll likely ever see, but if Medley, Parker, and Hughes can create more leverage than Yuri could create by driving and/or threatening to finish, Jimerson will get plenty of changes to score.

billikenfan05 likes this

29 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

So a Hughes,  Jimmerson,  Parker backcourt?  What’s the goal for the season?

No.  We will add a starting PG and possibly even another starting guard. 

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The only issue is where that leaves our front court. Momo and Vice....

Neither is ready.  If we don't touch a starting center or a PF that can also play center, we're incredibly screwed next year.   I don't know where the coaching staff stands on this, but you could keep all 4 "bigs" if you decide to focus on the new guy and Momo as your 2 deep center, and play Vice some minutes at the PF.  If Vice cant help a little at the 4, I doubt he would see any minutes at the 5 anyway. 

Just now, DOC said:

You’re already dismissing Bruce. Why?

Freshman Centers who are ready is already pretty rare. I'm barely holding on hope that Vice can play right away. Typically the only centers who can come in ready to play are T100 recruits.  

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Freshman Centers who are ready is already pretty rare. I'm barely holding on hope that Vice can play right away. Typically the only centers who can come in ready to play are T100 recruits.  

Just curious because I don’t know. I’m surprised though that Vice and Momo would be that far ahead of Bruce. I do know we need an experienced big. 

8 minutes ago, DOC said:

Just curious because I don’t know. I’m surprised though that Vice and Momo would be that far ahead of Bruce. I do know we need an experienced big. 

maybe land that big pf to rebound and defend that could occasionaly play the 5 and  go 4 guards sort of french like