Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

The only reason I think he got a look is because of he's a world class assist facilitator. Look @ the all time career assist list for the NBA vs the NCAA. all the ones in top 25 are name players, good many HOF. Have to look up good # of the ones on NCAA list. It's a skill that can be a calling card in the NBA if it is real. In a Lasso universe I can see him being a 15 a 3 pt guy. If they don't try to tap that skill & have him sitting there neutralized in the corner then he'll be home soon. fun that we get to route for him @ all IMO.   

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The warriors have no one signed to any of their 3 available 2 way contracts.

Neither do the Suns.

Somehow Yuri needs to get ahead of Davis in the rotation in the next couple days.

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

More like he would've fouled out every night with A10 refs

That's exactly right. Yuri is capable of playing D, but due to the complete lack of depth in the backcourt, he had to tread lightly to avoid foul trouble. That's a Ford problem, not adding a solid combo guard/secondary ballhandler led to numerous issues.

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Lol Yuri was first team all defense and you would think this man was swiss cheese if you hung out on this board. 

Calling his defense piss poor is crazy.  However, it isn't a stretch to say that Yuri's defense was better his junior year versus senior year.  Counting stats (steals, blocks, defensive rebounds) and advanced stats bear that out.

Yuri (understandably given the stakes) appears to have re-committed himself to the defensive end during NBA summer league.

GoSluBills and thetorch like this

12 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Pound sand and touch grass, dude. 

I'd be salty too if I carried the water bucket for Yuri all year. I'd be more upset knowing he got torched for 35 by Ace and 25 by Fernandes. I'm sorry if my take on his defense upset you guys, and I agree, it wasn't pisspoor and yet definitely wasn't first team either. But to say his defense was impeded by the refs and/or Ford was just plain ignorant stuff and deserved a response. 

When Yuri went into the portal and got money to come back, for some MBMs that was the beginning of the end.  Only an NCAA tournament bid could wipe away that sin in their eyes.  So the precedent has been set -- if you enter the portal, you might as well leave.  Because you'll be dragged if you come back and the team disappoints.  Even if you repeat as an all-conference first-teamer.

51 minutes ago, DOC said:

I'd be salty too if I carried the water bucket for Yuri all year. I'd be more upset knowing he got torched for 35 by Ace and 25 by Fernandes. I'm sorry if my take on his defense upset you guys, and I agree, it wasn't pisspoor and yet definitely wasn't first team either. But to say his defense was impeded by the refs and/or Ford was just plain ignorant stuff and deserved a response. 

Again, I fear for your patients if you're indeed a DOC.

Bills By 40 likes this

39 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When Yuri went into the portal and got money to come back, for some MBMs that was the beginning of the end.  Only an NCAA tournament bid could wipe away that sin in their eyes.  So the precedent has been set -- if you enter the portal, you might as well leave.  Because you'll be dragged if you come back and the team disappoints.  Even if you repeat as an all-conference first-teamer.

The fact that he looked Tate and Ford in the eye on the eve he was leaving and assured them everything was good is what I didn't like about it. And I agree if you say you are leaving then leave. Coming back after you stated you want to be somewhere else only brings problems

16 minutes ago, DOC said:

The fact that he looked Tate and Ford in the eye on the eve he was leaving and assured them everything was good is what I didn't like about it. And I agree if you say you are leaving then leave. Coming back after you stated you want to be somewhere else only brings problems

862583DB-63CA-4349-920D-6EBE1F489A2E.webp

brianstl likes this