Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

On 5/19/2023 at 8:36 PM, thetorch said:

It is all over the interwebs.  Strangely not a peep here.  Can't believe Courtside didn't have the inside scoop on this rumor?

Most likely destination - K St

Does this make Yuri

Less Likable?

More Likeable?

As Likeable?

Please discuss.

This didn't age well.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ACE said:

This didn't age well.

We have seen that certain posters like to pump rumors for the sake of pumping rumors.  Easy to just shed his comments aside.   Looks like courtside didn't take the bait either.  Good for him.  

5 hours ago, ACE said:

This didn't age well.

The horror of someone posting an internet rumor on the internet.  Didn't say anything negative about Yuri in the message either.  But keep at it, getting petty digs in when you can. Keep chasing that dragon of being right online.  Must feel so good.  Just thinking of those rock solid jabs, chuckling to yourself,  posting, hitting refresh. Just lying in wait for that response you know is coming and you've already got the perfect come back lined up, You're the gotd@mned Bobby Fisher of internet arguments, 2, 3 posts ahead.  Got him nailed him. 

Oh yeah well the Jerk store called and they're running outta you.  

Boom no one can come back from that one. 

Also actually it aged just fine.  It appears there was smoke to the rumor, in fact KSU was a possibility, and did it make him less likeable?  Yeah.  Not transferring made him more likeable.  So you're wrong yet again.

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The horror of someone posting an internet rumor on the internet.  Didn't say anything negative about Yuri in the message either.  But keep at it, getting petty digs in when you can. Keep chasing that dragon of being right online.  Must feel so good.  Just thinking of those rock solid jabs, chuckling to yourself,  posting, hitting refresh. Just lying in wait for that response you know is coming and you've already got the perfect come back lined up, You're the gotd@mned Bobby Fisher of internet arguments, 2, 3 posts ahead.  Got him nailed him. 

Oh yeah well the Jerk store called and they're running outta you.  

Boom no one can come back from that one. 

Also actually it aged just fine.  It appears there was smoke to the rumor, in fact KSU was a possibility, and did it make him less likeable?  Yeah.  Not transferring made him more likeable.  So you're wrong yet again.

stu durando

@studurando

·

May 31

Collins’ decision is true to what he told me at the A-10 tourney about playing another year in college: “It wouldn’t be the best route,” he said. “My goal is to fully enter the draft and turn pro. It’s NBA or G League for me.”

Nope, didn't age well.

HoosierPal likes this

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

stu durando

@studurando

·

May 31

Collins’ decision is true to what he told me at the A-10 tourney about playing another year in college: “It wouldn’t be the best route,” he said. “My goal is to fully enter the draft and turn pro. It’s NBA or G League for me.”

Nope, didn't age well.

I have this Camp Lejeune Bottled water would you like to buy some?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

stu durando

@studurando

·

May 31

Nope, didn't age well.

Multiple people were hearing the rumor that Collins was going to hit the portal from multiple places. A guy who is or was associated with Yuri Collins posted an edit of Yuri Collins in a K-State jersey on instagram and twitter. Was it just trolling? I have no clue. Do I believe Yuri Collins was entertaining NIL offers to return to college? Not a doubt in my mind. Was I wrong thinking Yuri was going to take those offers? Absolutely. Was there anything wrong with posting the rumors based on hearing them from multiple sources, given his prior portal entry and his association with BG?  Absolutely not. Did it turn out that the sources spreading the "rumor" were full of sh*t? Yes. Nothing wrong with relaying that "the streets are talking". 

JMM28 likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Multiple people were hearing the rumor that Collins was going to hit the portal from multiple places. A guy who is or was associated with Yuri Collins posted an edit of Yuri Collins in a K-State jersey on instagram and twitter. Was it just trolling? I have no clue. Do I believe Yuri Collins was entertaining NIL offers to return to college? Not a doubt in my mind. Was I wrong thinking Yuri was going to take those offers? Absolutely. Was there anything wrong with posting the rumors based on hearing them from multiple sources, given his prior portal entry and his association with BG?  Absolutely not. Did it turn out that the sources spreading the "rumor" were full of sh*t? Yes. Nothing wrong with relaying that "the streets are talking". 

And if you can troll courtside at the same time......that MIGHT be considered a win-win......

13 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I have this Camp Lejeune Bottled water would you like to buy some?

Some sources proved credible, others... not so much.

"Most likely destination - KState"

Well, it was said with such certainty - and it was seen on twitter - so it must be true, no fake news there!

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well, it was said with such certainty - and it was seen on twitter - so it must be true, no fake news there!

Check mate. Bobby Fisher of message boards ladies and gentlemen. 

ACE likes this

35 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I have no problem with a post about the rumors, but I think a little caution in the original post would have been prudent and I think the source should have been cited. But to use the rumors to continue to try to advance a character assassination was pathetic and it backfired. Yuri is more "likable" for keeping his word." The mob that was so eager to glom onto the rumor - a lot "less likable."

31 minutes ago, ACE said:

Same "credible" poster on Thursday:

UConn leaving the BE for the Big 12.  SLU still has no chance of joining the Big East.

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

I have no problem with a post about the rumors, but I think a little caution in the original post would have been prudent and I think the source should have been cited. But to use the rumors to continue to try to advance a character assassination was pathetic and it backfired. Yuri is more "likable" for keeping his word." The mob that was so eager to glom onto the rumor - a lot "less likable."

Possibly excessive, but I'm willing to be understanding as it pertains to "sour grapes" considering the experience of Yuri's portal move last season. I don't blame any Billiken fans for Yuri fatigue or just plain contempt. 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Possibly excessive, but I'm willing to be understanding as it pertains to "sour grapes" considering the experience of Yuri's portal move last season. I don't blame any Billiken fans for Yuri fatigue or just plain contempt. 

Sure, I understand a bit of "sour grapes", but it just lasted all of about a week. I view the story a bit differently... one of SLU being caught with their guard down when it comes to playing in the NIL era. It did seem to be a catalyst for the program/boosters to spring into action and start to put a plan in place. I don't like the NIL era, but this is reality, and I'm thankful that Yuri's brief flirtation with the portal caused some change. He did ultimately decide to stay and finish his career in his hometown. 

18 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Same "credible" poster on Thursday:

UConn leaving the BE for the Big 12.  SLU still has no chance of joining the Big East.

Yep, as credible as the title of the thread.

gabriel, that was uplifting.   granted that is just some guy wishing.  but it's nice to hear someone push for the billikens!

gabriel likes this

Again we are stuck competing with VCU. We should be outperforming them. If they left the conference and we got stuck here it would possibly be a death-blow. The A10 is not a good conference. Only us, VCU, and Dayton have fanbases of any relevance. I can't even go online and read forum commentary about their games from anyone but Dayton and VCU and us. It's preposterous. Duquesne? LaSalle? Snore.

Looks like KState Grad Transfer Collins has a workout scheduled with the Hawks. 

Square profile picture

Check out who is in the building tomorrow for pre-draft workouts

Yuri Collins (St. Louis) Dexter Dennis (Texas A&M) GG Jackson (South Carolina) Jaylen Martin (Overtime Elite) Courtney Ramey (Arizona) Julian Strawther (Gonzaga)

• 2 weeks later...