Yuri Collins to.....Grad Transfer

Initially I was pissed at Yuri leaving and then deciding to come back. Then I kind of thought that it was a blessing in disguise because it woke SLU up to needing a high-functioning NIL program so I was good with it. Then we had a bad year (sorry May/Pestello/Chaifetz but it was a bad year) and our NIL program appears to suck. But I am still rooting for Yuri to succeed in the NBA. Anything he does beyond his time at SLU should be good for SLU in the future especially while Ford is the coach. It was indeed time for SLU and Yuri to go separate ways but if there is any solid recruit/transfer out there who thinks that Ford runs "Point Guard University" because of the success of Yuri and Goodwin, then we should be thrilled with it.

DOC likes this

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DOC said:

The fact that he looked Tate and Ford in the eye on the eve he was leaving and assured them everything was good is what I didn't like about it. And I agree if you say you are leaving then leave. Coming back after you stated you want to be somewhere else only brings problems

This is sports, man.  Albert Pujols says he wants to spend his entire career in St. Louis and then leaves.  College coaches assure fanbases that they are committed to a program and then cash in somewhere else.  A guy like Ryan O'Reilly appears to be destined to finish his career in St. Louis, but gets traded when doing so serves the best interest of the team.

Let me let you in on a little secret.  It is not their job to worry about your feelings.  It's their responbility to take care of themselves and their family.  I'm sure you've made similar decisions in your life that were just not as public as Yuri's decisions.

46 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

This is sports, man.  Albert Pujols says he wants to spend his entire career in St. Louis and then leaves.  College coaches assure fanbases that they are committed to a program and then cash in somewhere else.  A guy like Ryan O'Reilly appears to be destined to finish his career in St. Louis, but gets traded when doing so serves the best interest of the team.

Let me let you in on a little secret.  It is not their job to worry about your feelings.  It's their responbility to take care of themselves and their family.  I'm sure you've made similar decisions in your life that were just not as public as Yuri's decisions.

Good post. Another example would be how our current head coach left UMass high and dry to take the Oklahoma State job.  

We wish Yuri well, he certainly got his minutes in with SLU with minimal injury and looks to have a future playing pro ball. He will remain part of SLU history and history of Yurimania. In 20 years maybe he will have children ready to play basketball or soccer and a new generation of players will

abound. Ford certainly touted him as a standout pointguard…and he was.

cgeldmacher likes this

I'm speculating here but something must be conflicting with this planned camp. The NBA summer league has its championship game on July 17th, two days before the date noted above. I'm just an MBM however in perusing the box scores, Yuri doesn't seem to be doing very well. He gets less minutes per game then the other point guard Kendric Davis. Davis also starts. Davis also scores. And I would say their assists are about equal. The only area where Yuri seems to excel is in the plus/minus ratings when compared to Davis. I got a feeling come July 18th Yuri is going to be looking for his next professional stop.

19 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I'm speculating here but something must be conflicting with this planned camp. The NBA summer league has its championship game on July 17th, two days before the date noted above. I'm just an MBM however in perusing the box scores, Yuri doesn't seem to be doing very well. He gets less minutes per game then the other point guard Kendric Davis. Davis also starts. Davis also scores. And I would say their assists are about equal. The only area where Yuri seems to excel is in the plus/minus ratings when compared to Davis. I got a feeling come July 18th Yuri is going to be looking for his next professional stop.

I think this was just not good planning by Yuri as there are camps and more games possibly at the same as the camp. When I saw the dates announced it looked to me like Yuri didn't understand that he can't take a week off to run a camp in the middle of this.

brianstl likes this

19 hours ago, Taj79 said:

His camp is simply a stopover on his way to Manhattan Kansas where he will be a Grad Transfer for KSU.