Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Rucker and Dandridge would be a really solid way to round out the roster at this point. With it being June 8th, I candidly would have been quite pleased with those two 6+ weeks ago, so I would have a tough time complaining. At this point it feels like Dandridge has to be a lock as his options appear to have really dried up. Similar to Kansas State a year ago, sometimes having scholarships open late in the game isn't the worst thing.

With our only bigs graduating, addressing that need with Dandridge and Ezewiro is a job well done. I was concerned with just Ezewiro, but the addition of Dandridge certainly eliminates that being a position of concern for me.

Dandridge had good games vs. a tough Houston team, so he has shown flashes….like Wiz says he would need to stay healthy & get minutes…and get recruited here…

8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Dandridge had good games vs. a tough Houston team, so he has shown flashes….like Wiz says he would need to stay healthy & get minutes…and get recruited here…

I would also note that during his time at Memphis he would have been competing day in and day out with some studs. With it being June 9th, getting a known guy like that to round out the center position would be a really good job. If he would have committed in April I would have been pleased, so to still get that caliber of player this late in the game would be great. I have no questions about his ability to start at the 5 and give us quality minutes.

VeniceMenace and brianstl like this

39 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I would also note that during his time at Memphis he would have been competing day in and day out with some studs. With it being June 9th, getting a known guy like that to round out the center position would be a really good job. If he would have committed in April I would have been pleased, so to still get that caliber of player this late in the game would be great. I have no questions about his ability to start at the 5 and give us quality minutes.

Largely still available bc he’s seen as a backup for most borderline tourney teams.  He has foul trouble issues and having injury problems can’t help. I’m all for it tho, worth the risk this late 

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Largely still available bc he’s seen as a backup for most borderline tourney teams.  He has foul trouble issues and having injury problems can’t help. I’m all for it tho, worth the risk this late 

Correct, there is a reason his options have seemingly dried up. But at this point in the game to get him certainly improves the roster. The concerns you mentioned obviously remain, but we definitely needed another big to prevent everything falling on Ezewiro to deliver.

Played 4 years with lots of injuries. Knee in high school. Could help us played 28 minutes in conference final they lost to Houston he had 7 rebounds 9 pointd. Another piece to the puzzle if we get him. High ankle sprain had him miss 15 games senior year. Another guy with something to prove. If he does as well for us as Pickett it would be a plus.

12 hours ago, GOSLU68 said:

Played 4 years with lots of injuries. Knee in high school. Could help us played 28 minutes in conference final they lost to Houston he had 7 rebounds 9 pointd. Another piece to the puzzle if we get him. High ankle sprain had him miss 15 games senior year. Another guy with something to prove. If he does as well for us as Pickett it would be a plus.

🧐 huh?

Littlebill and gabriel like this

13 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

So, with a covid year assume he has 2 years eligibility?  HS class of 2019.

This coming season will be his COVID year, just 1 year of eligibility since like Hargrove (also class of 2019) he has played 4 seasons of college basketball.

6 minutes ago, shempie said:

I'd pass on him. Weird happenings with him at Evansville two years ago where he was removed from their roster to "focus on academics." And then hasn't played in two years?! 

I found this interesting.  Perhaps the NIL opportunities for him were significant in Frisco.

Dayton transfer Mike Sharavjamts has committed to San Francisco, he told ESPN. Chose them over Nebraska & Memphis. Former ESPN 100 recruit averaged 5.6 PPG. Will be the starting PG, also feels at home with the diversity of the city, specifically the Mongolian & Asian communities.
Band Legend likes this

According to Dayton sources, he was at Dayton to play PG.  intriguing at 6’9”.  But he wasn’t really good enough and youth is impatient.  So he declared for the draft.  The guess is the NBA wannabes ate him up so he had to go into the portal and elsewhere.  He listed his finalists as Memphis, Nebraska, San Francisco, and Indiana.  And look who won.  A lesser-than-A10 program.

Again a kid with higher expectations than what is reasonable.  I did meet his dad in Brooklyn ——seven-foot Mongolian Shark.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

According to Dayton sources, he was at Dayton to play PG.  intriguing at 6’9”.  But he wasn’t really good enough and youth is impatient.  So he declared for the draft.  The guess is the NBA wannabes ate him up so he had to go into the portal and elsewhere.  He listed his finalists as Memphis, Nebraska, San Francisco, and Indiana.  And look who won.  A lesser-than-A10 program.

Again a kid with higher expectations than what is reasonable.  I did meet his dad in Brooklyn ——seven-foot Mongolian Shark.

May wanna check that “lesser-than-A10” assertion.  WCC has been better than A10 every year since 2018 and San Francisco has been a top 100 team every year in that same time frame.  They made the NCAAs as an at-large in 2022.  I’d argue they’d pretty firmly be a top half A10 program.  UD to San Francisco may be a small step down,  but A10 to WCC or A10 to San Francisco is not.

JMM28 and SLU_Lax like this

4 hours ago, shempie said:

I would pass on this guy....

Hasn't played in 2 years....Didn't play very much when he did play...9min/gm on a bad Eville team...9-16

Small sample sizes...but what he did show was dismal...28.9 / 19 / 37.5 / 57.1.......F-- / F-- / A / F--....the 3P stat is meaningless as it amounts to less than a half shot /gm.

Double pass.

20 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

May wanna check that “lesser-than-A10” assertion.  WCC has been better than A10 every year since 2018 and San Francisco has been a top 100 team every year in that same time frame.  They made the NCAAs as an at-large in 2022.  I’d argue they’d pretty firmly be a top half A10 program.  UD to San Francisco may be a small step down,  but A10 to WCC or A10 to San Francisco is not.

A-10....B....WCC...B+...edge goes to WCC

The Bills...B....SF ...B....Pretty close...In a simulation with SF playing last season in the A-10...SF ties the Bills with a 12-6 record...Bills win the tie breaker....Beat SF by 5 at the Fetz and take 4th .

Adman likes this