Transfers - 2023

ACE

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

im ready to go all guards.   wth.   if we are going to suck, at least have some fun.   run, gun, press all over the floor.   maybe the tulsa kid can get some rebounds.   if i recall, LaSalle made it to the sweet 16 doing this.  a sweet 16 run would be the bests the billikens have done since easy ed.   

if we arent brave enough to go that extreme, go with freshmen bigs and just let em play and tell them to play agressive.   a lot of fouls to give.   and one would think with their size they can get some rebounds and put backs.  

just dont bring in a chemistry killer.   and i now believe that is exactly what dandridge would be.  

FWIW LaSalle's adjusted tempo per KenPom for the 2012-13 season when they made that Sweet 16 run was 64.6 which was 177th in the nation.  This past season SLU's adjusted tempo was 69.2 which was 73rd in the nation.

Also Jarrell Wright 6-8, 255 started every game for them.  We don't have a guy like that.

VeniceMenace likes this

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Did Malcom Dandridge go into witness protection?

Who cares.   Good riddance I say.  

JMM28, slu72, Bizziken and 1 other like this

34 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Did Malcom Dandridge go into witness protection?

Very strange. The next dead period begins on Sunday and runs through the 20th, so it would seem like he would make an announcement in the next handful of days, but who the heck knows!

40 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Who cares.   Good riddance I say.  

I'm basically there too. He's probably the only way this team has the ability to overperform expectations this year, though. I mean if Ezewiro doesn't get a waiver (and there's nothing indicating he will), SLU's ****ed at the post this year. I don't think we can argue that any of the frosh bigs can come in and be an impact option. 

After Dandridge reneging multiple times I couldn't care less how much better we might be with him instead of our freshmen.   Play the kids.  

drkelsey55 likes this

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

After Dandridge reneging multiple times I couldn't care less how much better we might be with him instead of our freshmen.   Play the kids.  

Agreed, play the kids. Not much choice at this time anyway, if the NCAA holds to form, no waiver for Ezewiro.

drkelsey55 likes this

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The problem is, you go 17-18, Ford gets fired and all those Freshman run to the portal after the season.

15 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

The problem is, you go 17-18, Ford gets fired and all those Freshman run to the portal after the season.

If Hughes didn't transfer after this past season I don't see him transferring regardless of this season's outcome but you never know.  He would be the only one I'd hate to see go. All of the other "kids" are expendable in today's hoops environment. Depending on who they'd bring in as HC, we may be happy to see multiple players transfer.

Schasz likes this

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If Hughes didn't transfer after this past season I don't see him transferring regardless of this season's outcome but you never know.  He would be the only one I'd hate to see go. All of the other "kids" are expendable in today's hoops environment. Depending on who they'd bring in as HC, we may be happy to see multiple players transfer.

I don't disagree, but I'm just pointing out the problem with the idea that we should "play the kids" and not worry about having a significant, veteran big on the roster. You likely lose all of those freshmen bigs after your coach gets fired at the end of the season. Dandridge is probably SLU's only remaining shot to get to a 22+ win season. Even with him, it would take a lot of luck.

32 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I don't buy that they all leave.  It depends on the make up of the staff of the new coach.  My guess is that one current staff member would be held over.

The reality is they will all have to be re-recruited in the new NIL world universe.  Whether they play or not.  And if they do play and exceed expectations, the big boys of the Power 6 will be lining up all over the place.  I don't need to see a retread failure like Dalger or Ezewiro or Dandridge when I can see our very own failures (possibly) in van Bussel, Zhang and Magassa.  

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Thames is good.   Don't give up on him.

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Reneged multiple times?  According to who, the media or the SLU Coaching staff?

The kid just turned 22 this year.  He stuck it out for 4 years with Memphis.  If he commits to SLU, I'll be supportive of him until he proves me wrong.

I remember when I was just 22 and a senior at SLU.  Decisions came hard sometimes.  And sometimes I changed my mind ..... like that gal I thought I wanted to marry.  But changed my mind.  Young people do that.  So Malcolm, if you choose SLU, this fan will give you the benefit of the doubt ..... and welcome you.  Decisions can be hard to make for a young person just entering adulthood. 

20 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Sorry make a promise.  Live up to it 

LOL.  Promise?  Doubt you have anything but heresay that he ever promised/committed to SLU.  Again, who said he promised?  If it wasn't a SLU coach, it's heresay ....... (information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor).

Billiken Rich likes this

The odd thing is that as far as I am aware there is no news/rumors about a decision coming. I haven't seen anything about him taking other visits either, but I suppose he still has a few more days to do so. So there hasn't been any news that makes me think we are out of this one. So strange.

54 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I'll mention the obvious which I haven't seen in the thread yet.  Dandridge has a college degree.  He doesn't owe the MBMs of any fan board an announcement.  He could just move on with his life.

Sure and if that is the decision he makes I am sure it will be reported by someone. While I expected more players to move on after 4 years when the free COVID year was announced, NIL has significantly changed that since Dandridge is likely looking at making six figures in that graduate season. Doesn't mean he won't decide to move on with his life, but something that has certainly become a factor in the decision making process.

23 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Sure and if that is the decision he makes I am sure it will be reported by someone. While I expected more players to move on after 4 years when the free COVID year was announced, NIL has significantly changed that since Dandridge is likely looking at making six figures in that graduate season. Doesn't mean he won't decide to move on with his life, but something that has certainly become a factor in the decision making process.

Why would a backup big man from Memphis be looking at six figures?  Do we have any hard proof of what that tier of player makes in the NIL era?

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Why would a backup big man from Memphis be looking at six figures?  Do we have any hard proof of what that tier of player makes in the NIL era?

There is no hard proof, just someone who knows a guy who knows a guy who heard from an anonymous source that it was six figures. Feel free to make up any amount of money you want, no one will prove you wrong.