Transfers - 2023

ACE

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Dandridge says his decision is coming soon so we should know by October if he'll play for us or not

Is this real? His recruitment might actually come to an end!?!? Anyone know if it could be us or has Michigan given him a better offer?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/18/2023 at 12:32 PM, RUBillsFan said:

They have St Joes as #6 in the A10.  I'd guess 1-5 in no particular order are Dayton, VCU, Duquesne, LoyChi, and St Bona.  Mason or Fordham could be in if LoyChi or Bona aren't in there.

We don't have a separate thread for this this year, but the Bonnies came in at 112 yesterday.

13 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Played for Pitino at Iona and it appears as if he was booted to make room for Ledlum. Averaged 11 and 5 for Iona last year. SLU should reach out. 

Im indifferent. I'd take him if it were between him and pocketing the last scholarship.  He doesn't help a ton with what we truly need, and he plays a position we're decently deep in. But he does play above average Defense..

Has Dandridge visited West Virgina or Michigan?  Dead period , no campus visits till the 28th... that also means, if he decides to go elsewhere, we can't bring anyone in either.  

Mr. Slasinski would be a grad transfer, and not need to have a waiver???    Louisville and then Iona, idk if St. John's counts?  Says he is 6'9"  , if he is at least in that range, maybe kick the tires... 

34 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Has Dandridge visited West Virgina or Michigan?  Dead period , no campus visits till the 28th... that also means, if he decides to go elsewhere, we can't bring anyone in either.  

Mr. Slasinski would be a grad transfer, and not need to have a waiver???    Louisville and then Iona, idk if St. John's counts?  Says he is 6'9"  , if he is at least in that range, maybe kick the tires... 

Kind of like what do u have to lose? 

West Virginia has contacted Slazinski.   Don't even know if we are showing interest, but could this be along the Dandridge drama,  idk..

14 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

WVU currently has 4 open spots. Plenty of room for both guys there. 

The entire NCAA roster network is kind of crazy right now.  Looking randomly at various sites, many teams are below full scholarship level, and more than a handful are over 13.  The extras have to we walk on's either getting significant NIL money to pay for school, or simply walk on's who like to hoop (and have rich parents?). 

I don't know if the rule has changed due to Covid but historically the NCAA allowed only 13 players to 'dress' for a game, and limited the total roster to 15.  

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I don't know if the rule has changed due to Covid but historically the NCAA allowed only 13 players to 'dress' for a game, and limited the total roster to 15.  

I had someone who seemed to know tell me that is in fact still the rule regarding the number of players who can dress for a particular game (didn't get into the number that can be on the roster though), so I believe you are correct (or you are both idiots and wrong jk, I just assume if I hear two different people say the same that they are likely correct).

26 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Quinn has committed to WVU.  See Dandridge, doesn't have to take this long. 

Feels like a fit, no? This is the kid who threw shade at Pitino, right? It is something to get someone to transfer following you to your new program and then recruit over them and have to ask them to move along.

30 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Dandridge ain’t got sh!t from WVU or Michigan. If he did, he’d have already committed. 

That is my thought as well. It feels like he is comfortable with us being his safety school while he holds out to see whether any of the big boys throw an offer his way. It has felt that way since he visited back in early June. Such an odd one, wasn't there an initial narrowed down list where we weren't even listed?

Is Dandrdge the biggest tool in Billiken history?

Bigger than Jahidi, Ahearn, Stemler, Harrelson, Travis Diener, Mickey Pearson?

We've had a lot of tools this offseason.

26 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Is Dandrdge the biggest tool in Billiken history?

Bigger than Jahidi, Ahearn, Stemler, Harrelson, Travis Diener, Mickey Pearson?

We've had a lot of tools this offseason.

Could easily be on the mount Rushmore. But he has time to avoid it still.