Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just saw this come across.  SLU could really benefit from having Akok.  They need a big presence to fill the void inside.  It is a bummer they don't have they no longer have the flexibility to fit Akok.

If he's entering the portal this late, the destination is already determined.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If he's entering the portal this late, the destination is already determined.

W H A TTTT?  Maybe a little tampering, or should I say additional NIL money suddenly in play???

He is reportedly tight with WVA Jose Perez.  AA has played for four seasons, [maybe one is a med redshirt year], but he could well be a grad transfer.  I haven't followed his academic progress.

58 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The player that's a 2x transfer that never played a down being denied is so dumb. 

The NCAA needs to go away.  This rule is so dumb.  The organization is dying and trying to flex.  I'm in Indy today I'll stop by and work on the Ezewiro transfer.

I’m mostly with you. Throw all the rules away. If the schools can eat their young in conference reorganization money grabs, then let the players do what they want. Scholastics is no longer an issue. If a player wants to transfer at mid year, let them and let them be immediately eligible. Your team having a bad year?  Jump ship to a winner. Pro sports trade players mid stream. Why not let the professional college athletes do the same. Six or seven time transfer, no problem. Bring him on. 

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just saw this come across.  SLU could really benefit from having Akok.  They need a big presence to fill the void inside.  It is a bummer they no longer have the flexibility to fit Akok.

I mean, IN THEORY, SLU's not necessarily out of scholarships because LHJ could go back to being a walk-on, right? When is it actually determined whether or not someone is a walk-on or counts towards the scholarship limit?

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

13 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I mean, IN THEORY, SLU's not necessarily out of scholarships because LHJ could go back to being a walk-on, right? When is it actually determined whether or not someone is a walk-on or counts towards the scholarship limit?

This was my first reaction. I don't necessarily see it happening, but the option is there.

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This was my first reaction. I don't necessarily see it happening, but the option is there.

I mean dad is worth ~$45 million. When SLU signed LHJ, I thought it was a charity spot, but as good as he was last year, maybe it was LH keeping an extra schollie open for a 13th man. Lord knows SLU could use another big with all the 2x transfer waivers being denied the last couple days.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Given this article I have little or no hope that Ezewiro qualifies to play this season ...... https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10085687-ncaa-to-apply-stricter-rules-for-2-time-transfers-to-gain-immediate-eligibility

How about a tool like Noland? Did he officially sign something with SLU? If so, it would seem to me that he should also have to sit out as a two-time transfer even though he never played here.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

How about a tool like Noland? Did he officially sign something with SLU? If so, it would seem to me that he should also have to sit out as a two-time transfer even though he never played here.

Just a commitment 

Not very optimistic about Bradley's chances , from all the reports denying waivers... Maybe the fact both coaches left may help his case..

Read North Carolina's Governor and Marco Rubio have written to the NCAA., for the 2 football players.  Maybe get some negative reactions with football , could that help basketball 2 time transfers chances ... let's hope ... 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Plot twist….He’s returning to school but not to play basketball. he want to concentrate on academics and achieve a double major in Art History and interior design. 

I’ve yet to see anything official from Memphis on him rejoining the Tigers… Just saying…

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I thought we were getting Malcolm Dandridge and Jalen Rucker from Army?

Surely there were talks but have not seen a Rucker commitment anywhere since he entered the portal in late May. Then there’s Dandridge remaining at Memphis. Cannot blame SLU for moving on from these perpetual holding patterns. School is starting…