GDT: @LaSalle

Bills By 40

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

There is nothing about La Salle that says division 1. Embarrassment to the conference.

Could you imagine playing in front of 9k+ fans in a pimped out arena like chaifetz, to playing in front 10s of fans in a dump of high school gym.  Embarrassing…

One thing the Gola has that the Chaifetz doesn’t have are mask police. I was there tonight and it looked like each section had a uniformed ‘guard’ watching the crowd intently. If you pulled your mask down for some reason and didn’t pull it up they came up to you, pointed at you then to their mask.

Im a retired pediatrician and fully endorse masking and vaccines, but in an EMPTY venue like they have, NO one sitting in front of us, it made no sense.

Please, not wanting to start a rehash of masking/vaccines/mandates/etc.

28 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

One thing the Gola has that the Chaifetz doesn’t have are mask police. I was there tonight and it looked like each section had a uniformed ‘guard’ watching the crowd intently. If you pulled your mask down for some reason and didn’t pull it up they came up to you, pointed at you then to their mask.

Im a retired pediatrician and fully endorse masking and vaccines, but in an EMPTY venue like they have, NO one sitting in front of us, it made no sense.

Thanks for fully endorsing Masks...except when its inconvenient.

Philly is an East Coast Blue city. What did you expect. 

If the masks were not needed, what would they do if you don't comply? Continue pointing? Hogtie and beat you?

12 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

In fairness, it's way easier to enforce rules on a crowd of a few hundred people versus 7k to 9k people.

14 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ball handling is definitely something Hargrove needs to work on in the off season.  He's the glue guy after Fred leaves.  Glue guys have to be able to do a little bit of everything.

I go back & forth on this.

On one hand, ball handling is clearly something TJ needs to work on.  It would be nice if he was better at it because it could take some pressure off Yuri & make it harder to press/trap us.

On the other hand, Yuri handles the ball so much that maybe it would be better if TJ just focused on becoming dominant at the other things he's already pretty good at and are more within his "role".  I'd love TJ to be the Billiken version of good Spurs/Raptors era Danny Green.  3 & D wing - knockdown 40% or better 3 pt shooter and excellent wing defender (add in some finishing on backdoor & transition alley oops so we still get the highlights from him).  TJ's biggest issue is turnovers especially for a guy who doesn't handle it much.  He can cut those down by becoming a better ballhandler or by staying within his role more & handling it even less.

SShoe, willie and BuiltFordBills like this

9 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

On one hand, ball handling is clearly something TJ needs to work on.  It would be nice if he was better at it because it could take some pressure off Yuri & make it harder to press/trap us.

On the other hand, Yuri handles the ball so much that maybe it would be better if TJ just focused on becoming dominant at the other things he's already pretty good at and are more within his "role".  I'd love TJ to be the Billiken version of good Spurs/Raptors era Danny Green.  3 & D wing - knockdown 40% or better 3 pt shooter and excellent wing defender (add in some finishing on backdoor & transition alley oops so we still get the highlights from him).  TJ's biggest issue is turnovers especially for a guy who doesn't handle it much.  He can cut those down by becoming a better ballhandler or by staying within his role more & handling it even less.

In either case, 3 turnovers yesterday is a major reason That Thatch has taken more minutes from him. He has pretty good handles, but he has to tighten them up, and he has to be more focused on the break and in passing. I think he will get there.

15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't know this but I think TJ has weak hands. It seems very easy to knock the ball out of them. He also has trouble pulling in rebounds in traffic.  

ACE likes this

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I don't know this but I think TJ has weak hands. It seems very easy to knock the ball out of them. He also has trouble pulling in rebounds in traffic.  

Agreed.  I'd like to see him work on catching / receiving passes & making passes more so than dribbling.  I think that would payoff more in terms of reducing turnovers & staying within his role.

23 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

In either case, 3 turnovers yesterday is a major reason That Thatch has taken more minutes from him. He has pretty good handles, but he has to tighten them up, and he has to be more focused on the break and in passing. I think he will get there.

I think two of those are offensive fouls. The one being the right call, but the other TJ was only going 80% speed and the defender wasn't even in front of him

58 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

There's a minimum threshold that wing players have to meet when it comes to ballhandling.  For example, when TJ is receiving a pass at halfcourt from Yuri, who is being doubled, he at least has to be able to dribble a couple of times without having it taken away or running over a guy.  Tommie Liddell-level handles are not required.  It's just going to take time.  

RUBillsFan likes this