SLU v. Lincoln GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincere did get several technicals called on him in JUCO and was ejected in two games, while also being suspended a couple games for fighting.  Not exactly an isolated incident.  Not saying he did anything wrong just saying.

I think someone posted that after Parker was ejected from the game, he gave a shoulder bump to the ref that gave him the technical. This was supposedly the cause for the ejection. It seems to me that a shoulder bump given to the ref might be considered physical contact and be the grounds for a multi game ejection. That is, of course, if I understand the discussion above correctly and if he did give a shoulder bump to the ref. Besides the two technicals given to Parker, there was another technical earlier on in the game. Anyone knows why?

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think someone posted that after Parker was ejected from the game, he gave a shoulder bump to the ref that gave him the technical. This was supposedly the cause for the ejection. It seems to me that a shoulder bump given to the ref might be considered physical contact and be the grounds for a multi game ejection. That is, of course, if I understand the discussion above correctly and if he did give a shoulder bump to the ref. Besides the two technicals given to Parker, there was another technical earlier on in the game. Anyone knows why?

Just to avoid misinformation, the bump was the cause of the second technical, not after the second technical.  There is some debate as to who initiated the bump, but I’d argue his teammates and coaches should have had him far away from that ref so as to prevent that from even being a possibility.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it here again, Sincere should save the trash talk for better opponents. Him bullying his way to the rim constantly against smaller D2 and D3 guards is not that impressive, and doesn’t warrant him jawing with the defenders/opposing bench after each bucket. 

Just got to watch the replay so forgetting about the level of competition, I thought the Bills looked good.

Especially impressed with Meadows and Thames. Meadows so smooth with the ball and finished well while Thames looks like the best athlete on the floor. Parker showed off his scoring ability and the techs looked soft. Hope he doesn’t miss the next game. Medley looks like a floor general and, on cue, Jimerson made me look stupid drilling those threes. I’m like the dad in Dirty Dancing, “When I’m wrong I say I’m wrong,”

Well done, GibJim!!

Seems like, win or lose, this will be a fun team to watch.

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Just got to watch the replay so forgetting about the level of competition, I thought the Bills looked good.

Especially impressed with Meadows and Thames. Meadows so smooth with the ball and finished well while Thames looks like the best athlete on the floor. Parker showed off his scoring ability and the techs looked soft. Hope he doesn’t mis the next game. Medley looks like a floor general and, on cue, Jimerson made me look stupid drilling those threes. I’m like the dad in Dirty Dancing, “When I’m wrong I say I’m wrong,”

Well done, GibJim!!

Seems like, win or lose, this will be a fun team to watch.

i felt our opponent physically would give us a better game.   was it a matter they were poorly coached or was it we are beginning to accept and execute this new approach to the game?   i hope it is a matter of us accepting and executing playing fast.   it sure is a hell of a lot more fun to watch.  btw 10 of our 12 turnovers were by non starters.   a big key to us successfully running the floor imo is limit the turnovers, so 2 turnovers by our starters is impressive.  

i dont know about anyone else but everytime jimerson hit a three, i got more excited.   and expect great finishes when parker drives across the lane from the left wing.   has he even been stopped or diverted yet this year on that?  

i am beginning to get sucked back into the billikens.  

billikenbill likes this

Competition is about to get a lot better but we've had plenty of teams before that would struggle to even put these last two games away. I'm not saying we're going to be a good team. And we've had hot starts the past few years where we play fast and efficient and then slow it way down after 6 or 7 games. But we are off to a more promising start than I expected. Things are good right now. Let's enjoy it. 

billiken_roy likes this

For a reason that is beyond my bandwidth, apparently Dr. Rich Chaifetz's Xtweets are critically important to the direction of the SLU basketball team.  Here is his message from last night's game.  For those experts who can interpret these messages, is this gloom and doom or a cause for celebration?  Is there a hidden message in here?  Does the 9:33 time stamp have any meaning?  I need help in figuring this out.

Feeling a little better about our rebounding after watching Hargrove, Dalger, and The Buss in the last two games. It might be bootstrapped, but we have some pieces to work with in the paint - even without Zhang or Magassa.

Also, Meadows clearly has a nose for the ball.

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

For a reason that is beyond my bandwidth, apparently Dr. Rich Chaifetz's Xtweets are critically important to the direction of the SLU basketball team.  Here is his message from last night's game.  For those experts who can interpret these messages, is this gloom and doom or a cause for celebration?  Is there a hidden message in here?  Does the 9:33 time stamp have any meaning?  I need help in figuring this out.

Yes, it is a concern that both Rich and Ross, the biggest and most forward facing bball boosters seem to be having way more fun with their new sports investments(pickleball and formula 1. It’s a bad sign. And this isn't throwing the pair under the bus. It's something we're all going through on this board, other hobbies are starting to seem more attractive the less engaging(read: winning) SLU Basketball is.

It’s humorous how condescending yet wrong you continue to be. 

Re: the low 3FGA number, sometimes it's just a matter of taking what's given. SLU got 50 points in the paint and 29 fast break points. Lincoln put them on the FT line constantly. The 3FGA will go up when they're not able to pick on a team like that.

Adman and gabriel like this

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

For those experts who can interpret these messages, is this gloom and doom or a cause for celebration?  Is there a hidden message in here?  Does the 9:33 time stamp have any meaning?  I need help in figuring this out.

If you read it backwards it says: "Hail Satan."

20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yes, it is a concern that both Rich and Ross, the biggest and most forward facing bball boosters seem to be having way more fun with their new sports investments(pickleball and formula 1. It’s a bad sign. And this isn't throwing the pair under the bus. It's something we're all going through on this board, other hobbies are starting to seem more attractive the less engaging(read: winning) SLU Basketball is.

It’s humorous how condescending yet wrong you continue to be. 

I'll just say it. For all the good they've done, the Chaifetz's are part of the problem with the stagnation of this program

brianstl likes this

36 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

It isn't about the tweets, the tweets are just seen as a reflection of how engaged with the program a guy who historically has been one of the program's largest boosters and the program's most high profile booster is.  For what it is worth the level of engagement, not the tweets, had become a concern among some around the program before anyone brought it up on here.  Is that concern is misplaced or not? I don't know.  Chaifetz is being pulled in many different directions when it comes to both his time and financial resources with his sports interests.  Some of them are for all intents and proposes just getting off the ground, thus probably need more of his direct involvement right now. It could just be a temporary thing.

dlarry likes this

30 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'll just say it. For all the good they've done, the Chaifetz's are part of the problem with the stagnation of this program

There is a human side to this. The larger boosters become friends with a coach or even admin a lot of times. It then becomes hard for them to separate the friendship from the performance. That is why you see boosters across the country drop on and off because of firings. They stick up for their friend while forgetting that the program is bigger than one person in one job. 

-band unis are great

-LH2 asked to come out of the game and he had extended conversations with Jonathan Burch, I was worried when the dr went down the tunnel to join them but really, really hope he is okay 

-I hope ft's are not a problem with this team

-keep the to's low 

-remember last night we played a D2 team, the quality of opponent improves on Saturday

2 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-band unis are great

-LH2 asked to come out of the game and he had extended conversations with Jonathan Burch, I was worried when the dr went down the tunnel to join them but really, really hope he is okay 

-I hope ft's are not a problem with this team

-keep the to's low 

-remember last night we played a D2 team, the quality of opponent improves on Saturday

Does anyone know is his injury related to his doing the splits on Monday?