The BVF Returns - Pay $250 to watch a sub .500 team practice

thetorch

The Billikens Victory Fund returns after a 5 month break from tweeting.

This is a classic SLU event.  Announce it with only a couple days notice then charge exorbitantly for it.  I hope its an open bar.  Disappointed that they aren't allowing us the oppurtunity to shoot on the court.

slu92 likes this

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah access and feeling like an insider is a reason people will pony up the money.  So good idea and maybe late notice but better than nothing.  Also team is undefeated right now so chill with the sub .500.

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Paying half of what I pay for season tickets to go to one practice, not sure I can do that.

Right. One would think it would involve a meet and greet with the team too, or something you just don’t get the chance to do otherwise 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah access and feeling like an insider is a reason people will pony up the money.  So good idea and maybe late notice but better than nothing.  Also team is undefeated right now so chill with the sub .500.

Agreed. Torch is getting to be a little much

35 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Paying half of what I pay for season tickets to go to one practice, not sure I can do that.

Maybe make it cheaper to get in and sell things fans want.... A lot of these players have merchandise/deals. That's pretty similar to supporting returning players and opens it up to a wider audience. 

48 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Maybe make it cheaper to get in and sell things fans want.... A lot of these players have merchandise/deals. That's pretty similar to supporting returning players and opens it up to a wider audience. 

Consensus preseason picks for this team have SLU finishing between 8-13 in conference. By far the lowest expectation by national pundits for SLU since Ford's first couple seasons. Is being too much just not burying my head in the sand?

gobillsgo likes this

I know no one is going to miss my witty repartee but I've had it with the negativity.  Wake me up when we have a coach everyone believes in with support that everyone has participated in with time and money.  Till then, Torch, I love you but F off................  

41 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

$250 to get good and liquored up and teach these boys the “right way” to run the one-three-one!!??  Where do I sign?

Hell I’d pay $500 if it came with some t ravs, 8 margaritas, and jumping on the court to lead the team in some Pistol Pete Homework basketball drills 

Pete Maravich Homework Basketball Shooting Drills DVD Video

EDIT: wish he made one for defense 

30 minutes ago, Compton said:

Seems as good a way as any to support the NIL cause. Better than just cutting a $250 check.

I agree. It reads that it’s almost sold out so it makes sense that a notice is coming out late for the few remaining tickets. I responded and look forward to going and supporting the BVF. Hopefully, we will hear some details on how the fund is coming along. 

5 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I know no one is going to miss my witty repartee but I've had it with the negativity.  Wake me up when we have a coach everyone believes in with support that everyone has participated in with time and money.  Till then, Torch, I love you but F off................  

spoken like a true Cowboys fan.

9 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

It’s not supposed to be for everyone. $250 gets ya one of maybe 50 spots there. If someone doesn't want to pay $250, they can go to Applebees for dollaritas. 

Box and Won and SLU_Nick like this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Look at it this way, the money they are collecting this year probably won't go to anyone on the current team. So when Ford isn't back next year it'll be money well spent.

I’m just glad we won’t have to put the BVF logo on milk cartons like I thought we were going to have to do. 5 months without communication?

im still trying to convince myself i did good renewing my tickets.   i'll be darned if i pay bucks to watch a practice.   

"Hey here's $250.   hit me in the head with a rock and poke me in the eye with a sharp stick."

21 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

its a donation, not a $250 practice. chill. 

Yeah, I’m on this side. You get genuine one on one FaceTime with staff and players, you get to hang out with other Billiken fans and have some beers. I would hope they are at least giving 2 drink tickets if not open bar. I’m fully on the side of making Billiken basketball more accessible, but 250 Vs 100 isn’t going to net “new fans” maybe the aggregate raises more money but I don’t know. What I do know is that going forward I would like to see them offering experiences or incentives that haven’t been offered before. I have ideas, hit me up T-Rob.