GDT: A10 Tournament - VCU

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Very excited to see what LHJ can do with extended court time next season assuming he sticks around. 

Looks like a baller and a leader to me. I believe he'll improve greatly over the summer.

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When the same thing happens season after season with different players, maybe the players aren’t the issue.  Maybe, the one constant over those years is the issue

From my perspective, this was not a problem on previous Ford teams.  Go tell guys like Goodwin, French, Bess, Linssen or the limited current players like Parker, Thatch and Hargrove that they have no passion.  Let me know how that works out for you. 😁

I am disappointed with several of the current players in terms of fire/passion but I don’t see it as an endemic especially given Travis’ personality. 

slu72 and majerus mojo like this

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Very excited to see what LHJ can do with extended court time next season assuming he sticks around. 

hughes is the most encouraging aspect of the team.   imo you look for him to be the off guard to replace jimerson (good luck at virginia gibby.   you deserve a shot) and when cian needs a break let him slide over to be the point.    hughes should have played a LOT more this season than he did.  today with extended minutes he showed again the energy and potential he has.   to have been buried on the bench as much as he was is so bewildering.   

same with momo.   obviously he is raw, but he is athletic and long, why not give him more minutes?  it was such a disappointing season.  but it is what it is. 

on to the baseball season.   

1 minute ago, MariaReynolds said:

From my perspective, this was not a problem on previous Ford teams.  Go tell guys like Goodwin, French, Bess, Linssen or the limited current players like Parker, Thatch and Hargrove that they have no passion.  Let me know how that works out for you. 😁

I am disappointed with several of the current players in terms of fire/passion but I don’t see it as an endemic especially given Travis’ personality. 

He's not blaming those guys for not having passion.  He's blaming CTF.  

It's not a matter of just wanting it more, or passion.  It is a matter of lack of coherent offense/defense, player development, game plans, game adjustments and team chemistry.  Take your pick it's erratic, inconsistent from one game to the next.

Bizziken likes this

well i was furious with the lack of urgency with 10 minutes to go.   when you go down 20 if you arent going to get after it, then admit you gave up and put in the kids.   way too often we saw walking the ball down the floor when we needed to go.   i will never understand ford's mindset with that.   

42 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I even remember @BIG BILL FAN attacking @moytoy12and I for saying how Crews sucked as a coach in that game day thread.  How the comeback proved Moy and I were idiots and that Crews was a good head coach.  

fun times

Time is a flat circle

TheA_Bomb and BilliesBy40 like this

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

Apparently the CBI is full. Since we’re not going to the NCAA or the NIT, it’s officially over.

CBI could sell the story of YC all time assists vs Antione Davis all time scorer in a SLU vs UD match up

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

hughes is the most encouraging aspect of the team.   imo you look for him to be the off guard to replace jimerson (good luck at virginia gibby.   you deserve a shot) and when cian needs a break let him slide over to be the point.    hughes should have played a LOT more this season than he did.  today with extended minutes he showed again the energy and potential he has.   to have been buried on the bench as much as he was is so bewildering.   

same with momo.   obviously he is raw, but he is athletic and long, why not give him more minutes?  it was such a disappointing season.  but it is what it is. 

on to the baseball season.   

Add Parker and TJ into that mix, B’roy. Also I think Medley might be a pleasant surprise. And then we’ve got the portal. I’m definitely disappointed about how this year played out, but think I may enjoy next year more as we watch them develop. 

One positive, other than Larry, was Sincere getting pissed off and going hard to the rim.  He could be an all around scorer for us.  There was always a short leash with him by Ford this year, he’d pull him immediately after a defense letdown while keeping others like Perkins in.  

Hopefully he sticks around, the back with he and Hughes actually played stronger than the starters.  

thatskablamo likes this

7 minutes ago, TRN said:

One positive, other than Larry, was Sincere getting pissed off and going hard to the rim.  He could be an all around scorer for us.  There was always a short leash with him by Ford this year, he’d pull him immediately after a defense letdown while keeping others like Perkins in.  

Hopefully he sticks around, the back with he and Hughes actually played stronger than the starters.  

One thing I didn’t see a lot of was this team, collectively, getting “pissed off.” Travis got PO’d in spades, but unless this team gets pissed off in private, I never saw that attitude on the court until it was too late. A lot of Ho hum guys ain’t going to get the job done, Travis. 

This Ford program in need of a whole engine overhaul, not just a spark plug. Maybe it’s time for a recall. 

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

REALLY EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR YOU GUYS

The good news is that there is no possible way next year will be as disappointing as this year.

This was by far the most disappointing Bills season of my lifetime. 

Ford will be back next year. 
He will most likely bring in a few nice pieces from the portal.
They will make a push towards 20 wins and hopefully be close to an NIT birth. 

But it won’t be as hard to watch as this years version.

David King likes this