GDT: A10 Tournament - VCU

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Losing to SIUE a good time? 

That was when the hammer hit the nail squarely on the head for me as to Ford needs to be sent packing. I mean how can a supposedly veteran HC allow an experienced senior laden team to blow a 17 point lead to SIUE on your home court???

NextYearBill likes this

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

That was when the hammer hit the nail squarely on the head for me as to Ford needs to be sent packing. I mean how can a supposedly veteran HC allow an experienced senior laden team to blow a 17 point lead to SIUE on your home court???

I also think that game broke the Billikens. 

NextYearBill likes this

17 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

One thing I didn’t see a lot of was this team, collectively, getting “pissed off.” Travis got PO’d in spades, but unless this team gets pissed off in private, I never saw that attitude on the court until it was too late. A lot of Ho hum guys ain’t going to get the job done, Travis. 

This Ford program in need of a whole engine overhaul, not just a spark plug. Maybe it’s time for a recall. 

Right, there’s a bunch of nice guys but no alpha dog like a Goodwin, Bess, Jett, Conklin, etc.  Plenty of times guys would just fade into the background.  I think Larry has that instinct to take it on.

thatskablamo likes this

17 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Losing to SIUE a good time? 

Beating Memphis, Yuri 20 whatever assists, beating Dayton, drinking selects. I'll see y'all there next year. And the year after. And probably the year after that.

But ya this season sucked. Classic SLU losing Okro mid game. That's tough. Not to be corny but if you play ball you know you dont always come out on top.

43 minutes ago, BACKHANDtheRICAN said:

I accept all apologies for those who had their panties in a bunch all season when I repeatedly said we had a 0% chance of an at large bid, wouldn't win the A10 tourney, and asked everyone to come back to reality.

no hard feelings. 

@BrettJollyComedyHour comes to mind.

TheBand likes this

5 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

If Ford does indeed come back I only have two requests.

1) Ditch Team Blue
2) Stop the pregame Bommarito Automotive ad reads. It looks like someone is holding him at gunpoint off screen in every single one. 

and ditch the coaches' pajama tops

7 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

If Ford does indeed come back I only have two requests.

1) Ditch Team Blue
2) Stop the pregame Bommarito Automotive ad reads. It looks like someone is holding him at gunpoint off screen in every single one. 

1) Find some bigs who can finish at the rim AND understand what a moving screen is.

2) See number 1.

Dr Bird and billikenbill like this