Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Again, yes they can. There is plenty of NIL work opportunity when they’re outside of the United States. 

Like I said before, they can’t do it in the US.  Nowhere did I say they can’t do it in their home countries or outside the US.  

1 hour ago, TRN said:

Like I said before, they can’t do it in the US.  Nowhere did I say they can’t do it in their home countries or outside the US.  

Collectives can pay them in the US. The “work” has to be done anywhere but the US. That’s my point. There’s no need for funneling money through a foreign entity, etc. They can also earn passive income here. 

thatskablamo likes this

I think I just need 1 serviceable big man in the portal and then I’m excited for next year  

medley, hughes, gibby, vice, transfer.

Hargrove, Parker, Thames round out the rotation.

should be good for 20 wins with a 200+ SOS and then the Ekker-memoried senior citizens will extend Ford. 

thetorch likes this

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think I just need 1 serviceable big man in the portal and then I’m excited for next year  

should be good for 20 wins with a 200+ SOS and then the Ekker-memoried senior citizens will extend Ford. 

The Bills are in a tough spot. If they grab a serviceable big man they have had a good “off-season” and I think a good recruiting class. That said, IMO, they still won’t be as good as last year. And last year they weren’t good enough. 

I think Vice and Bruce will be good players but I have a hard time seeing it this year or even next. 
I think Medley will be good and get some PT this year but it will be a drop off from last years PG play. 

So how do they improve? 

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

The Bills are in a tough spot. If they grab a serviceable big man they have had a good “off-season” and I think a good recruiting class. That said, IMO, they still won’t be as good as last year. And last year they weren’t good enough. 

I think Vice and Bruce will be good players but I have a hard time seeing it this year or even next. 
I think Medley will be good and get some PT this year but it will be a drop off from last years PG play. 

So how do they improve? 

Good question, just way too early to answer until the roster gets finalized.

The past few years Ford has done a good job of keeping the team together. By comparison, SIUE just renewed head coach Barone’s contact — and now they have seven players in the portal. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36108854/gonzaga-lands-eastern-washington-transfer-big-sky-poy-steele-venters

Our Jesuit U in the West Gonzaga loses their star and then just reloads with another big POY from his conference. Guess that is why HC Few has made 24 NCAA Tourney Appearances in a row.

3 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Some of those senior citizens are not Ekker-memoried, but some are. The experience makes one both hungry and humble. Ekker did not get the extension.

5 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

We won’t win more than 15 games if that’s our rotation. Luckily it won’t be.

3 hours ago, Schasz said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36108854/gonzaga-lands-eastern-washington-transfer-big-sky-poy-steele-venters

Our Jesuit U in the West Gonzaga loses their star and then just reloads with another big POY from his conference. Guess that is why HC Few has made 24 NCAA Tourney Appearances in a row.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out!  Had no idea that Gonzaga was a a great team.  Oh, by the way, you're still a 'bag!

16 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

For one thing, Nick didn’t list TJ as a starter, which Travis already promised him he will be.

Just because you start the game really doesn't mean anything.  You can start and play until the first time you can sub san Jimmy Bell.

There are 363 D1 programs and 13 scholarships per team, totaling 4,719. There are already 1,365 players in the portal, which equals 28.9%.

2022: 1,762 (37.8%)
2021: 1,710 (36.8%)
2020: 1,002 (21.8%)
2019: 987 (21.5%)
2018: 866 (18.9%)
2017: 716 (15.6%)
2016: 469 (10.2%)
Quote Tweet

And there is still a month to go until the portal closes on May 11.

@TJ_Cavanagh

BREAKING: Nazareth guard Jesus Christ has entered his name into the transfer portal.

@Sam_Federman

Jesus Christ tells me that Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Liberty, Georgetown, and Boston College have reached out. He also told me that Arkansas contacted him.

Replying to

St Peter’s was also rumored to have interest but the school denied it 3 times

14 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

@TJ_Cavanagh

BREAKING: Nazareth guard Jesus Christ has entered his name into the transfer portal.

@Sam_Federman

Jesus Christ tells me that Notre Dame, Holy Cross, Liberty, Georgetown, and Boston College have reached out. He also told me that Arkansas contacted him.

Replying to

Could be a miracle if he resurrects Georgetown.
Reminds me of the comic Dan St. Paul’s Harry Caray narration of the first baseball game ever played between the Bethlehem Braves and the Jerusalem Giants. Totally worth about 5 minutes of your time. 

25 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Could be a miracle if he resurrects Georgetown.
Reminds me of the comic Dan St. Paul’s Harry Caray narration of the first baseball game ever played between the Bethlehem Braves and the Jerusalem Giants. Totally worth about 5 minutes of your time. 

that is an awesome piece.

"Peter looks to Jesus for the sign.....Holy Cow, Peter denies it......."    "Jesus goes out to talk to peter for a meeting on the mound."  

highly reccommend   really good stuff.  

thatskablamo likes this

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

@TJ_Cavanagh

@Sam_Federman

Replying to

Some people can jump out of the gym, this guy can jump to the heavens.  He's fed a lot of people (inside).  He known as a bit of a nepo-baby; he gets his greatness from his Dad.  

He's had a friend betray him, so he's being careful. 

billiken_roy likes this

On the Twitter page, Stu listed SLU being mentioned with USF ( South Florida) Center, Russel Tchweda

USF lists. 7'0"  280 pounds 

Averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds

Spent a year at Texas Tech, only averaged 1 ppg and almost 1 rebounds .

Alot of schools mentioned 

On 4/10/2023 at 1:59 PM, someoneelse said:

Some people can jump out of the gym, this guy can jump to the heavens.  He's fed a lot of people (inside).  He known as a bit of a nepo-baby; he gets his greatness from his Dad.  

He's had a friend betray him, so he's being careful. 

Word is he has a tremendous crossover. Doesn’t shy away from thorny situations.

On 4/10/2023 at 11:20 AM, billiken_roy said:

that is an awesome piece.

"Peter looks to Jesus for the sign.....Holy Cow, Peter denies it......."    "Jesus goes out to talk to peter for a meeting on the mound."  

highly reccommend   really good stuff.  

Water!  Get ‘cha water here! Wa-ughh,

WINE!

thatskablamo likes this

This is from Stu Durando quoting Ford, I agree with Ford:

Ford said he's encountered some players with NIL agents, who are inserting themselves into the process and throwing out six-figure dollar amounts. “We quickly say, ‘we’re out of this game.’ We tell them if they can get it, go get it. I want a kid who wants to be here.”

Like 05 has said, this is the "new reality."