Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gabriel said:

The guys who are transferring from high majors for their lack of playing time to better high majors always confuses me. 

Im sure most think its due to coaching. 

gabriel likes this

17 minutes ago, gabriel said:

The guys who are transferring from high majors for their lack of playing time to better high majors always confuses me. 

could be Virginia doesnt have the glut of inside players that his previous team had/has.   i dont know each's roster situation and i am way too lazy to look it up.   

or maybe jenkins just wants a trip to virginia to visit an old girlfriend while he is there or something.  who knows.   i only care for the final result and if that decision is not the billikens i really dont care about the guy at all.

gabriel likes this

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

could be Virginia doesnt have the glut of inside players that his previous team had/has.   i dont know each's roster situation and i am way too lazy to look it up.   

or maybe jenkins just wants a trip to virginia to visit an old girlfriend while he is there or something.  who knows.   i only care for the final result and if that decision is not the billikens i really dont care about the guy at all.

Thats sorta the problem.  If I was a recruit I'd go to as many schools as possible for the free travel and gear.  That said, I want to be the first school the kids visits. I don't want to risk it on waiting to see what he thinks of other schools before he even gets here.  He's a kid we need pretty badly. 

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Thats sorta the problem.  If I was a recruit I'd go to as many schools as possible for the free travel and gear.  That said, I want to be the first school the kids visits. I don't want to risk it on waiting to see what he thinks of other schools before he even gets here.  He's a kid we need pretty badly. 

I would definitely be visiting University if Hawaii.

Then hit up some combination of Pepperdine, Miami, Colorado, and a New York school. If D2 schools give you free travel I’d check out the University of Alaska at anchorage too.

BilliesBy40 likes this

7 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Then hit up some combination of Pepperdine, Miami, Colorado, and a New York school. If D2 schools give you free travel I’d check out the University of Alaska at anchorage too.

All before signing with duke 

40 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Olean, obviously.  The opportunity to ride snowmobiles and a dog sled would be too hard to pass up.

Bizziken likes this

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

good choices.

I think we're set in the PF department between TJ, Thames, and Vice, but I'd love to see us add another day-1 center. At this point I'm more confident in Bruce's potential than MoMo but I'd love to be wrong. 

Nothing would make me happier than Brock and Bruce to be studs from day 1 and demand 20+ MPG or even starting spots but I admit that is a bit naive. 

2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Olean, obviously.  The opportunity to ride snowmobiles and a dog sled would be too hard to pass up.

It's rumored that they make the recruit weld the dog sled together before the trip. 

55 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I think we're set in the PF department between TJ, Thames, and Vice, but I'd love to see us add another day-1 center. At this point I'm more confident in Bruce's potential than MoMo but I'd love to be wrong. 

Nothing would make me happier than Brock and Bruce to be studs from day 1 and demand 20+ MPG or even starting spots but I admit that is a bit naive. 

THJ and Kellen are wings.  I dont want them playing PF, or really just the 4 unless we get a stud center.  Even with a stud center, we saw THJ along side and I no longer want to see much of that. 

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

THJ and Kellen are wings.  I dont want them playing PF, or really just the 4 unless we get a stud center.  Even with a stud center, we saw THJ along side and I no longer want to see much of that. 

I think TJ could very much play the 4 in the A10, in fact I'd love to see him be a stretch 4. If nothing else he's got the length to protect the paint on defense, he's also added strength. He absolutely could face up an opposing 4 and take him off the dribble or be a stretch 4.

20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think TJ could very much play the 4 in the A10, in fact I'd love to see him be a stretch 4. If nothing else he's got the length to protect the paint on defense, he's also added strength. He absolutely could face up an opposing 4 and take him off the dribble or be a stretch 4.

FYI I didn’t mean I never want him at the 4, I just don’t like when he plays a lot at the 4, fwiw.  And my point furthermore was I don’t want him at the 4, if we don’t add another center who is a very good rebounder. Him at the 4 and Momo or Bruce or maybe even vice could be scary. There’s times where I’m like, ok good work by THJ at the 4, and times where it seems like a nightmare. 

42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Why don’t we just order a Cody Ellis clone from Amazon- Australia? Better yet, order an Anthony Bonner clone. 

I hope we are still in the hunt for Kasean Pryor.  Had heard we were on his list 4-6 weeks ago but it has been quiet. He looks like the stretch 4 we need at 6'10" and 35% from 3. And he played at Boise for a year so he must know how to play D. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

FYI I didn’t mean I never want him at the 4, I just don’t like when he plays a lot at the 4, fwiw.  And my point furthermore was I don’t want him at the 4, if we don’t add another center who is a very good rebounder. Him at the 4 and Momo or Bruce or maybe even vice could be scary. There’s times where I’m like, ok good work by THJ at the 4, and times where it seems like a nightmare. 

I know it's taboo, and I've been one to call out people before. But, I'll be interested to see if Momo is still here in a couple months.  

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I know it's taboo, and I've been one to call out people before. But, I'll be interested to see if Momo is still here in a couple months.  

We will likely know in the coming weeks, right? Or Momo would have to sit out a year. 

Bigs are sometimes slow developers- the Greek Vouyokis (spelling) was happy to take up space on the bench first two years and senior year it was why did he not show up earlier

As others have said, TJ can play the 4 but I certainly don’t feel great about him doing it. He’s athletic, but gives up quite a bit size wise. 6’4 215 pounds is not ideal for a starting 4. Hopefully we can land Jennings and have a more natural fit. Side note: it sure would have been nice to land Kachi Nzeh last fall. He would have been an ideal 4 in the A-10…

20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think the fact that he hasn’t yet declared for the portal says something.