GDT: St. Joseph's

SluSignGuy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win after the disaster last game! Expectations were lower, so it was good to close out a game. There were still too many mistakes on offense throughout the game, and defense tightened just enough at the end. Otherwise we were not able to shut down St. Josephs offense. Good games by Jimerson, Forrester, Pickett, Collins, and it was great to see Hughes and Parker contribute. Good effort by St. Josephs.

Be interesting to see if Travis follows through on his comment about LHJ getting more mins. as the season goes on. He looks like a big-time talent to me. You have to wonder if the rotation expands to 10 or if someone loses mins.

Despite the bad 3 pt. miss by TJ, he’s playing better and deserves mins.

I’d say it’s time to flip the roles of Franco and Jake. Start Jake, split the mins. about 25/15 and see how it works out.

On to UMass who’s getting blown out by the Bonnies. Got to get better.

Ya we sucked, again. But If this exact game and outcome happened at home, I’d be way more pissed. It didn’t, it was away, I’ll sleep tonight.

also it wasn’t a 5 point win, it was an 8 point win. That 3 was bs 

9-5, 1-0.

Jimerson scored 22 points, 3-8 on 3’s, Pickett 20, Forrester 13, Hargrove 9.  Yuri had 15 Assists.

SLU would have beaten the 7 point spread absent missing 4 FT’s down the stretch, the last intentionally with less than a second left, which given the key margin of victory component of the NET, really was imprudent. 

This Road Win will look better with the passage of time. 

52 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

9-5, 1-0.

Jimerson scored 22 points, 3-8 on 3’s, Pickett 20, Forrester 13, Hargrove 9.  Yuri had 15 Assists.

SLU would have beaten the 7 point spread absent missing 4 FT’s down the stretch, the last intentionally with less than a second left, which given the key margin of victory component of the NET, really was imprudent. 

I am beginning to think nobody on staff even knows what the NET is

53 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

9-5, 1-0.

Jimerson 3-8 after starting 0-3.

I think he found his outside shot. 🤞 

CenHudDude likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ya we sucked, again. But If this exact game and outcome happened at home, I’d be way more pissed. It didn’t, it was away, I’ll sleep tonight.

also it wasn’t a 5 point win, it was an 8 point win. That 3 was bs 

Make that 11, they had two wild threes down the stretch.

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

It's crazy how bad our defense has been. I still think if we figure things out on that end, we could make a run. But it might require ditching man to man all together 

I am not sure how you solve it. Gibson can’t guard anyone with quickness. Perkins at least now is a liability. Yuri gets posted up by bigger guards. Not sure why we have given up on the half court trap that was successful with Forman and TJ. Just know what we are doing now isn’t working. 

3 minutes ago, shempie said:

Seems like starting Thatch over Perkins would help on the defensive end and possibly take some pressure off JP. We sure seem to struggle on the perimeter defensively with JG, JP, and Yuri playing together. 

And they were killing us inside too with that group on the floor.

I’m happy with the W.  Our offense becomes predictable at times, but we are still scoring plenty of points.  You’re gonna have games where nothing is falling and clicking on offense.. you just got to be able to play solid, disciplined defense and grind out wins.  Defense travels. Defense keeps big leads.  Just my cliche opinion..

Our offense is not team oriented. It’s Yurimania trying to find an open man who has shaken his defender, or it’s Yurimania penetrating into the woods hoping he can spot an open man. When he can’t he’ll take the contested shot. There’s no scheme to it and it becomes a free for all when we get get pressured. 

Coach314 likes this

I sure liked Yuri the point guard we saw tiday compared to Yuri the man we have been watching.  

Now if we can just get the okoro back we had at the end of last season 

Can't deny young Hughes looked good.  Need to see that opportunity continue imo.

Best stretches of the game we got out and ran.

brianstl and Schasz like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I sure liked Yuri the point guard we saw tiday compared to Yuri the man we have been watching.  

Now if we can just get the okoro back we had at the end of last season 

Can't deny young Hughes looked good.  Need to see that opportunity continue imo.

Best stretches of the game we got out and ran.

Let’s not forget Perk.