GDT: St. Joseph's

SluSignGuy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved seeing LHJ get important minutes. I wish we would use more of the bench, and play some sort of medium-press defense. We just let the other team calmly get up the court, and pick apart our subpar half-court defense.

11 hours ago, David King said:

I'm pretty sure the Hawk mascot is flapping its wings incorrectly. Very sad.

I’ve been consumed by this thought all through NYE dinner but there’s no way there’s a human flapping his/her arms the entire time. There’s got to be some sort of contraption/lever in there that flaps mechanical wings, no? Allowing for minimal human effort?

I’ll take the win by #TeamBeta 

Happy New Years by the way. 

7 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I’ve been consumed by this thought all through NYE dinner but there’s no way there’s a human flapping his/her arms the entire time. There’s got to be some sort of contraption/lever in there that flaps mechanical wings, no? Allowing for minimal human effort?

I’ll take the win by #TeamBeta 

Happy New Years by the way. 

Maybe they're just pressing a button the whole time and all they have to do is wear the suit? 

11 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

What material is that Hawk suit made of? Looks like old brown bath mats bought at Goodwill….

I thought it was materials stolen from an inner city Philadelphia middle school production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, but they didn't bother to take any of the interesting colors.

billikenbill likes this

I know for a fact that the Hawk mascot gets a full ride at St. Joe's.  And that there are multiple folks doing it every year.  Can't imagine the mental health issues if there were only one kid in there going to every event.  

dlarry likes this

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I know for a fact that the Hawk mascot gets a full ride at St. Joe's.  And that there are multiple folks doing it every year.  Can't imagine the mental health issues if there were only one kid in there going to every event.  

I don’t know about mental health.  But they would have a hell of a set of shoulders.

26 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Not to mention the physical toll it would take.