Does Anyone Really Think Ford Still Is A Good Coach After This Mess?

mrjoelabs

19 hours ago, GOSLU68 said:

I like Ford but I do think this year’s team needs to step up defensive effort to steal the ball an rebounding seems sporadic in effort.

I hope Cisse and the freshmen get to play a lot in the SIUE game

I hope we win by 20+, that's more important than freshman playing right now. (See: NET.)

White Pelican and wgstl like this

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Ford needs to go after this season.

Lucky the decision is in the hands of those in the know ..... not a bunch of clueless Billiken Board posters.  I am hoping Ford is Coach for the long-term.  He guiding SLU to be a consistent top 50 program IMO.

AlumniFan and slufanskip like this

18 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Lucky the decision is in the hands of those in the know ..... not a bunch of clueless Billiken Board posters.  I am hoping Ford is Coach for the long-term.  He guiding SLU to be a consistent top 50 program IMO.

I find it amusing that before the season started the board was worried as to how could we keep Ford from leaving to a Power 5 team. How the wind blows. 

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Have we ended the year as a top-50 program under Ford a single time?  Genuinely asking, not being smart. 

2 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Here is what Team Rankings has to say about SLU after the win over Drake, does this sound like we are a consistent top 50 program? We are not there and will not be there with Ford as a coach.

TeamRankings Logo

Saint Louis Logo

Saint Louis Basketball

Predictions Update
Dec 18, 2022
After beating Drake 83-75 yesterday, Saint Louis is now projected to finish the regular season 21-10 (12-6 Atlantic 10).
The odds that the Billikens make the NCAA tournament are up to 39%, an increase of 4% since yesterday.
We currently rank Saint Louis as the #75 team in the country, and the #2 team in the Atlantic 10.
Next game: Wed, Dec 21 vs. #220 SIU Edward. Our power ratings give the Billikens a 89% chance to win.

Bracketology Projections

Make NCAA Tournament Get Automatic NCAA Bid Projected Seed
(if Selected)
39% 23% 11
Saint Louis probably won't get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, although they have an outside shot.
As for an automatic bid ... Saint Louis has a 23% chance to win the conference tournament. They're more likely than not to lose, but they do have a reasonable shot at winning.
We project the Billikens with a 3% chance to make the Sweet Sixteen, but essentially no chance to reach the Final Four.

3 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

I hope you're right but I don't think so.  If he can't make the tournament this year he needs to go. 

Bizziken and BC1764 like this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Here is what Team Rankings has to say about SLU after the win over Drake, does this sound like we are a consistent top 50 program? We are not there and will not be there with Ford as a coach.

TeamRankings Logo

Saint Louis Logo

Saint Louis Basketball

Predictions Update
Dec 18, 2022
After beating Drake 83-75 yesterday, Saint Louis is now projected to finish the regular season 21-10 (12-6 Atlantic 10).
The odds that the Billikens make the NCAA tournament are up to 39%, an increase of 4% since yesterday.
We currently rank Saint Louis as the #75 team in the country, and the #2 team in the Atlantic 10.
Next game: Wed, Dec 21 vs. #220 SIU Edward. Our power ratings give the Billikens a 89% chance to win.

Bracketology Projections

Make NCAA Tournament Get Automatic NCAA Bid Projected Seed
(if Selected)
39% 23% 11
Saint Louis probably won't get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, although they have an outside shot.
As for an automatic bid ... Saint Louis has a 23% chance to win the conference tournament. They're more likely than not to lose, but they do have a reasonable shot at winning.
We project the Billikens with a 3% chance to make the Sweet Sixteen, but essentially no chance to reach the Final Four.

3% chance of going to the Sweet Sixteen! 

2 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

3% chance of going to the Sweet Sixteen! 

You are keeping your hope up by holding to minimal probabilities. We have, at this time, a 23% probability to win the A10 tournament and go to the Dance. The rest of the stuff they talk about is summarized by the sentence "Saint Louis probably won't get an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, although they have an outside shot."

There is no point in hoping against all odds that we will go to the dance unless we win the A10 tournament.

If we do not get to the Dance this year, despite the talent in the team, Ford has to go.

23 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Just a reminder, the winner of the A10 regular season has gotten a tournament bid every year since 2000. I’m sure that streak goes back farther but I didn’t want to keep looking. 

Winning the A10 tournament is not the only way to receive a bid even with the “bad” non-con. 

That’s why they only have a 23% chance to win the A-10 tournament, but a 39% chance of going to the Big Dance.  They still have a chance for an at large.

11 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

That’s why they only have a 23% chance to win the A-10 tournament, but a 39% chance of going to the Big Dance.  They still have a chance for an at large.

Correct.

I wouldn’t bet on them doing it (opinion may change as conference season goes on) but saying winning the A10 tourney is the only way is wrong. 

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

TeamRankings Logo

Saint Louis Logo

Saint Louis Basketball

Predictions Update
Dec 18, 2022

No chance we go 12-6 with how bad the A10 is. 

RamJAMTIME likes this

2 hours ago, SLUMS81 said:

Acting like hardasses and demanding a coaching change halfway through a season is the easy part.

Let’s hear your suggestions for the next coach.

Here's a suggestion, Pat Kelsey 

https://cofcsports.com/staff-directory/pat-kelsey/287#:~:text=Pat Kelsey was named the,two returnees in 2021-22.

Chris Mack is also available dude lives on sweet 16 runs.  Former multiple time A10 Coach of the Year. 

I think Ford will be the coach next season.   I don't think he should be the coach next season because I have no faith he'll make the tournament this season. 

If he misses the tournament with this team he should be gone. I forsee SLU missing the tournament this season him staying and doing the same thing next season.  There is a clear track record of underachieving. 

I want nothing more than to be wrong. 

Old guy, JMM28 and BC1764 like this

5 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Have we ended the year as a top-50 program under Ford a single time?  Genuinely asking, not being smart. 

No. At least not according to KenPom. Not sure about NET but assume the same is true given how KenPom seems to like us more than the NET does. Consistent top 75 team under Ford? Mission accomplished. 

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

No. At least not according to KenPom. Not sure about NET but assume the same is true given how KenPom seems to like us more than the NET does. Consistent top 75 team under Ford? Mission accomplished. 

Travis Ford at SLU is basically Brian Gregory at Dayton. Bunch of preseason championship banners and nothing else except underachievement. 

22 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Old Guy for coach! Old Guy for coach!! 

Hell, hire him now. He could really turn this ship around in time to make the tournament. TeamRankings stock would skyrocket if he were hired as a division 1 head coach.

We'd need to take two timeouts at a time to get all that wisdom to the players.....