Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

As a long term Billiken Fan, it is a glorious feeling to know that if Nesbitt does go somewhere else it will not be because of substandard facilities or a coach who can't recruit his ass off.  If Travis can't get him, he can't be got.......

-wrong, if we don't get him we blame Box and skip

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Rivals just updated their top 150 list and Nesbitt is up 12 spots to number 46.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/jordan-nesbitt-232302

This would make him Ford's highest-ranked recruit at SLU. Goodwin was 61 in 2017, Gordon was 68 in 2018 - granted, those are final rankings and Nesbitt's spot is subject to change. But it's a big deal.

His continued rise with Rivals isn't surprising. Eric Bossi has been raving about him lately - he was at the BBE showcase a few weeks ago - and he must've sold some other analysts, or they've watched enough tape/events to have an opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-wrong, if we don't get him we blame Box and skip

We don’t pack em, we just deliver and collect if necessary. We are really just a glorified SLU goon squad

Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the 2021 section of the recruiting lists thread today. A few highlights:

-It looks like Nesbitt's most recent follows are Luke Goode (Illinois commit) on Instagram and Collins and Russell on Twitter. Read into that what you will. Scrolling through Twitter, chatter is heavily in favor of SLU and Illinois, with Memphis third. The analysts are all calling it for SLU. I'm cautiously optimistic here.

-Illinois extended an offer to Wesley Cardet, a guard with very similar size to Nesbitt, about two weeks ago. Kind of an interesting offer if Nesbitt is a priority. Then again, Illinois may only have 1 scholarship to give on paper but will almost certainly have more room in the spring and the 2/3 position is arguably their only position of need, so I think both could coexist there. (SLU offered Cardet a while back and is not thought to be involved.)

-Ola Ajiboye reiterated to a recruiting analyst that he wants to visit SLU's campus as soon as he's allowed. The guy tweeted it out, Ajiboye retweeted. He told another writer the same thing in August. Seems very interested in SLU.

-Nothing new from P.J. Eason or Sekou Gassama, but along with Ajiboye, these appear to be the bigs with the most mutual interest with SLU. I don't know how to read Donte Houston now that he's thrown out his top 10 and gone to prep school. Quiet recruitment this summer.

-Clarence Rupert is another big we've offered and for whom SLU would be among his best offers. He was rumored to have committed to Murray State in late August but tweeted in early September that his recruitment is open.

-No update from Blackmon since his top 6 earlier this month - Houston, Murray State, UCF, Tulane, Grand Canyon, and SLU.

-Nicholas Kern and K.J. Lee are both slowly gathering more interest but would've benefited from more looks and playing time this summer. I'd be surprised to see lists from either this fall.

-Sean Pedulla listed his 8 finalists: Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, SMU, Tulsa, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Wofford. Basically all of his offers except SLU and a couple others.

-Deebo Coleman is down to 11 finalists: Virginia, Louisville, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Auburn, Ole Miss, Memphis, UCF, and - this is not a typo - Montana State. I've been to Bozeman and it's quite lovely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Updated the 2021 section of the recruiting lists thread today. A few highlights:

-It looks like Nesbitt's most recent follows are Luke Goode (Illinois commit) on Instagram and Collins and Russell on Twitter. Read into that what you will. Scrolling through Twitter, chatter is heavily in favor of SLU and Illinois, with Memphis third. The analysts are all calling it for SLU. I'm cautiously optimistic here.

-Illinois extended an offer to Wesley Cardet, a guard with very similar size to Nesbitt, about two weeks ago. Kind of an interesting offer if Nesbitt is a priority. Then again, Illinois may only have 1 scholarship to give on paper but will almost certainly have more room in the spring and the 2/3 position is arguably their only position of need, so I think both could coexist there. (SLU offered Cardet a while back and is not thought to be involved.)

-Ola Ajiboye reiterated to a recruiting analyst that he wants to visit SLU's campus as soon as he's allowed. The guy tweeted it out, Ajiboye retweeted. He told another writer the same thing in August. Seems very interested in SLU.

-Nothing new from P.J. Eason or Sekou Gassama, but along with Ajiboye, these appear to be the bigs with the most mutual interest with SLU. I don't know how to read Donte Houston now that he's thrown out his top 10 and gone to prep school. Quiet recruitment this summer.

-Clarence Rupert is another big we've offered and for whom SLU would be among his best offers. He was rumored to have committed to Murray State in late August but tweeted in early September that his recruitment is open.

-No update from Blackmon since his top 6 earlier this month - Houston, Murray State, UCF, Tulane, Grand Canyon, and SLU.

-Nicholas Kern and K.J. Lee are both slowly gathering more interest but would've benefited from more looks and playing time this summer. I'd be surprised to see lists from either this fall.

-Sean Pedulla listed his 8 finalists: Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, SMU, Tulsa, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Wofford. Basically all of his offers except SLU and a couple others.

-Deebo Coleman is down to 11 finalists: Virginia, Louisville, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Auburn, Ole Miss, Memphis, UCF, and - this is not a typo - Montana State. I've been to Bozeman and it's quite lovely.

If a big guy is athletic, a plus shotblocker and wants to come to SLU, I want him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-wrong, if we don't get him we blame Box and skip

Hey look, we're doing the best we can.  We're thorough and professional and are always looking to gain an edge over our competitors.  For example, since not everyone is interested in the traditional briefcase or old-school canvas bag with a dollar sign painted on it, we've been hard at work developing a new cryptocurrency product geared toward the more tech-minded kids.  Skip wants to call them "Skip Bucks," but we're weighing other options too.  It's a very exciting time to be in the cash delivery business and we're committed to being at the cutting edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Hey look, we're doing the best we can.  We're thorough and professional and are always looking to gain an edge over our competitors.  For example, since not everyone is interested in the traditional briefcase or old-school canvas bag with a dollar sign painted on it, we've been hard at work developing a new cryptocurrency product geared toward the more tech-minded kids.  Skip wants to call them "Skip Bucks," but we're weighing other options too.  It's a very exciting time to be in the cash delivery business and we're committed to being at the cutting edge.

i can vouch for skip and box work.   no job too small or too large.   while skip isnt as techy as box, he more than makes up for it with an exuberance and hustle like no one has ever seen before.   he is beyond the bull in the china shop.   

box on the other hand handles the more delicate scenarios that require the time and patience to get through the layers of security that often deter the common "bag guy".   this is one hell of a team imo.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

This is HILARIOUS! Everybody is wrong except this dipsh—t on the Illini board. The national recruiting experts are clueless. The Illini recruiting expert is “pressured” to say SLU, because the national recruiting experts are clueless, despite the fact that it might cost him a wrong crystal ball prediction and make him lose credibility. The Nesbitt’s are keep everything so close to the chest that only this a-hole on the Illinois board really knows what’s actually going on. Then when Nesbitt picks SLU, here’s what he’s gonna say. “Dude, this is such BS! Chaifetz bought Nesbitt a Bently and his family a mansion in the Hamptons. His high school and AAU coaches were pressuring him to stay home because they each received $50,000 cash. Nesbitt was TOTALLY gonna come to Illinois this whole time, but all the cheating and politics, he changed his mind at the last second...ya know? I’m TOTALLY an insider who TOTALLY has inside info. Nesbitt’s commitment to SLU TOTALLY doesn’t change that. I just wish every other school in division 1, besides Illinois, would fight fair!”

If I am being honest, I wouldn't want it any other way. I can think of no better recruitment than going head to head with Illinois and getting to witness their delusional fan base as the Billikens beat them out for one of their targets. No right thinking individual could ever chose SLU over the Illini, pound sand. And I hope after the announcement Nesbitt fires back at Illinois fans like Goodwin did (at least that is my recollection, but someone can correct me if that is wrong).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

He can just announce SLU today and I would fine with it.

I wouldn't count on that. I am counting on a final three of SLU, Illinois, and Memphis - anything else would be a big surprise at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I wouldn't count on that. I am counting on a final three of SLU, Illinois, and Memphis - anything else would be a big surprise at this point.

Four possible outcomes, from best to worst:

1. He drops a final 3 of SLU, SLU, and SLU

2 . He drops a final 3 with SLU, but leaves Illinois off

3. He does what Pistol predicts

4. He omits SLU from his final 3. 

95% odds of 2 or 3 happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

Four possible outcomes, from best to worst:

1. He drops a final 3 of SLU, SLU, and SLU

2 . He drops a final 3 with SLU, but leaves Illinois off

3. He does what Pistol predicts

4. He omits SLU from his final 3. 

95% odds of 2 or 3 happening.

That is the area within the 2sd in the normal curve. There are also tails, probably reaching (rarely) beyond 1 and 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 9:07 AM, Pistol said:

The De Smet bigs are named Yaya Keita and Sekou Gassama. Keita probably has the edge as a prospect right now because I see a little more all-around athleticism in him. He also put up better numbers than Gassama this season, although Gassama was dealing with injuries for a big chunk of the season. Gassama is a better shot blocker and all-around post defender; he's typically going to guard a 5 while Keita has the 4. They put up virtually identical slashlines this season, both a little over 50% from both the field and the FT line. Neither took a big step this past HS season and would've benefited immensely from having an AAU season, especially because De Smet doesn't run its offense through them at all. 

Nesbitt and Kern are the top two in the local class.

We have an offer out to K.J. Lee of Fort Zumwalt North, former Spoon assistant Kelvin Lee's son. Zeke Moore is a good recent local comp for him. Lanky shooter, still seeing how he develops.

I'm not sure what interest we might have in anyone else locally. Cole Farrell (Hazelwood Central) has been eye opening in recent Twitter/Instagram highlights. He can jump out of the gym. Has offers from SIUE, SEMO, Louisiana-Monroe. Jonathan Dunn, his teammate, is one of the better local 2021 players and has offers from SIUE and ULM. Mario Fleming was one of the better scorers in the area and led a very good Ritter team this past season. He has a 6-9 teammate named Josh Robinson who would've been playing for BBE this AAU season and has a ULM offer. Omarion Henry, a forward from Normandy, also has a ULM offer. (Louisiana-Monroe has an assistant, Ronnie Dean, with STL ties.) Priory has a 6-8 PF named Harrison Wilmsen; I don't think he has any offers yet. You always have to keep an eye on STL Christian, as D-I level players come and go. I'll keep an eye on who is running alongside Jaden Jones and Jordan Nesbitt there, but it's a more fluid situation than other schools have.

SLU has a lot of interest in the 2022 local class, as well.

You were right to say keep an eye on STL Christian....i heard yesterday that Omarion Henry transferred there and reclassified.  And another Hazelwood Central player has transferred there...perhaps it's Cole Farrell.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

You were right to say keep an eye on STL Christian....i heard yesterday that Omarion Henry transferred there and reclassified.  And another Hazelwood Central player has transferred there...perhaps it's Cole Farrell.   

If I understand correctly, STL Christian doesn't play MSHAA so they can accept transfers whenever they want?

I don't fully understand all the transfer rules but am certainly curious as to how MSHAA would handle a transfer in the era of COVID. If a kid wanted to transfer from an online only public school to an in-person private school, can he do so and play sports (assuming they are allowed to in the county)? If a kid wants to transfer to a school in St. Charles can he/she do so an play immediately?  Or are the all stuck with whatever rules/edicts Sam Page gives from now until they graduate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kshoe said:

If I understand correctly, STL Christian doesn't play MSHAA so they can accept transfers whenever they want?

I don't fully understand all the transfer rules but am certainly curious as to how MSHAA would handle a transfer in the era of COVID. If a kid wanted to transfer from an online only public school to an in-person private school, can he do so and play sports (assuming they are allowed to in the county)? If a kid wants to transfer to a school in St. Charles can he/she do so an play immediately?  Or are the all stuck with whatever rules/edicts Sam Page gives from now until they graduate?

The rule is that if your family changes homes - in other words move - you can transfer schools without penalty.  If you simply want to transfer schools you have to apply for a waiver and plead your case.  The rare times I saw a waiver given it was something that was really out of the normal - for example, I saw a kid who was kicked out of his house by his parents (not saying the situation did not call for it or not) and he got relative to take the kid in.  The waiver was granted because the kid while he was 17 he was not in a position to support himself.  While technically, he still was considered to be the responsibility of the parents who told him he had to leave.  Now without calling the authorities it was decided by the family to just deal with it among themselves.  Now the new school had to also accept the kid and of course they did simply because the kid needed to be in school and he did not have a car to drive to his previous school.  There are other valid reasons but each case is judged on its own merits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, Reinert310 said:

This is HILARIOUS! Everybody is wrong except this dipsh—t on the Illini board. The national recruiting experts are clueless. The Illini recruiting expert is “pressured” to say SLU, because the national recruiting experts are clueless, despite the fact that it might cost him a wrong crystal ball prediction and make him lose credibility. The Nesbitt’s are keep everything so close to the chest that only this a-hole on the Illinois board really knows what’s actually going on. Then when Nesbitt picks SLU, here’s what he’s gonna say. “Dude, this is such BS! Chaifetz bought Nesbitt a Bently and his family a mansion in the Hamptons. His high school and AAU coaches were pressuring him to stay home because they each received $50,000 cash. Nesbitt was TOTALLY gonna come to Illinois this whole time, but all the cheating and politics, he changed his mind at the last second...ya know? I’m TOTALLY an insider who TOTALLY has inside info. Nesbitt’s commitment to SLU TOTALLY doesn’t change that. I just wish every other school in division 1, besides Illinois, would fight fair!”

Never change, Illini fans. Never change. 

DrearyLonelyKakapo-size_restricted.gif

I feel like that poster on the Illini board is the guy in the center of the gif. Pre announcement:  "Cliff is a lock you guys, trust me."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coach314 said:

You were right to say keep an eye on STL Christian....i heard yesterday that Omarion Henry transferred there and reclassified.  And another Hazelwood Central player has transferred there...perhaps it's Cole Farrell.   

Jayden Nicholson transferred to STLCA a few weeks ago. Top 15 in his class. He would be the central transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...