• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I guess when they didn’t make the tournament that expedited things for coach?

It makes it easier to come to terms with ISU that would allow you to do something official with Schertz while they are still playing.

38 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Please god. Not only because he’s the best option but also so we don’t have to see Blake Ahearn’s name anymore. 

Jokes on you, Ahearn will be named Director of Player Development immediately after. (Which I would totally support)

31 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Looks like there is a story in Indy paper too that they could soon lose Schertz after losing out on NCAA bid. 

You don’t need an Indy paper to tell you he won’t return to ISU. Zero chance of that happening. 

5 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

Frank saying he has it on good authority that if it is Schertz that his star players will follow him here. 

Also saying that Schertz is very impressed with the O'Laughlin Center

The Sycamore’s message board is in meltdown about Schertz possibly coming to SLU and bringing some players with him.

thatskablamo likes this

So we could lose to Drake again?  Their best players are not good enough.

I guess I may be on an island but Schertz is kind of a blah for me. His best players lost to Drake 2 out of 3 this year. We lost to Drake by a handful after leading by like 20 in the first half. I think we only had like 7 players for that game too, 4 being freshmen. 

I don't have the answer, but I fear Schertz might not be it. He's individually impressive and well-spoken but doing well at Lincoln Memorial and Indiana St doesn't necessarily translate to the A10 and better conferences.

cgeldmacher, bamjam and AGB91 like this

7 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

So we could lose to Drake again?  Their best players are not good enough.

I guess I may be on an island but Schertz is kind of a blah for me. His best players lost to Drake 2 out of 3 this year. We lost to Drake by a handful after leading by like 20 in the first half. I think we only had like 7 players for that game too, 4 being freshmen. 

I don't have the answer, but I fear Schertz might not be it. He's individually impressive and well-spoken but doing well at Lincoln Memorial and Indiana St doesn't necessarily translate to the A10 and better conferences.

Again, who would you like to see instead? 

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, SLUDrew said:

Frank also has it on good authority that Popovich, Billy Donovan and Bill Self reached out to Chaifetz urging the powers that be at SLU to interview Ahern

They should refer him to the Southwest Missouri State University Human Resources Department.