• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea which 

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

I think we got the 6’3” kid born in 2004 

I think you are right.  It appears that he is probably the better prospect too.  From the original tweets it looks like that we signed Dorde Vladimir Curcic, but honestly I have myself completely confused at this point. The older one has been on his age group’s national team 3 years in a row.

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I have no idea which 

I think you are right.  It appears that he is probably the better prospect too.  From the original tweets it looks like that we signed Dorde Vladimir Curcic, but honestly I have myself completely confused at this point. The older one has been on his age group’s national team 3 years in a row.

The confusion in this thread between the Djordji Curcics is the best this board has been in at least 12 months.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

image.jpeg.fc6875e553c9620616a4e481ee342910.jpegMaybe & all Serbian women look like !?

Pretty much. Had one get mad at me once. Nearly frightening.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I have no idea which 

If you believe the bios and if you believe we have a commitment from a combo guard, it is 2004. 

16 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Anyone else know an actual person named John Doe? I know one who’s 93 years old. He was raised in an area so far back in the woods that they had to pipe in the sunshine and he said his parents had no idea of the use of “John Doe” as a name for an unidentified corpse.

Hahah - that also might be an alias of a mythological swamp-man named Amos Moses who grew up 45 minutes southeast of Tippitoe, Louisiana. 

44 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Hahah - that also might be an alias of a mythological swamp-man named Amos Moses who grew up 45 minutes southeast of Tippitoe, Louisiana. 

Son of Doc Milsap and his pretty wife, Hannah.

BJK likes this

19 hours ago, brianstl said:

If it is the one born in 2005, he won’t get on campus until August.  I am assuming since he has been Serbia’s U18 leading scorer in the lead up to FIBA U18 European Championship, he will be on that roster.  They will be one of the favorites and that runs through July 30th.

If this is the kid (and I think it is), this is huge signing.  This is like signing a top 50 US high school kid, maybe even better.

Oh boy, Ford is managing to do it again. All aboard the hype train. 

I’ll pass on a seat for now. 

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This is the ideal situation to me. We are putting together a nice team this offseason. Either it hits and we make the tourney and build momentum. Or we have another mediocre year and we move on from Ford. 

BilliesBy40 likes this

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When's the last time we had this many guys 19 years old or younger?  Medley, Magassa, Van Bussel, Curcic, Thames.  That's 40% of the roster.

I used to get pumped up when the roster was young and full of potential.  NIL and wide-open transfer rules has changed that for me.

If we get a solid big, I think we will compete this coming year.  

42 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

This is the ideal situation to me. We are putting together a nice team this offseason. Either it hits and we make the tourney and build momentum. Or we have another mediocre year and we move on from Ford. 

My fear is another 20-win (none against anyone of significance) 4th place A10 finish, just enough for them to justify (in their mind) keeping Ford again…. I don’t ever want to root for my team to lose to get rid of a coach, so I really wish we had just pulled the trigger this spring and started our rebuild.  Instead, gonna be another long summer/fall of hearing what a great roster and schedule we’ve assembled, just for it to all fall apart by Christmas. 

I hate to be this jaded about it all, but how much disappointment can one fan base take?   Cards fans (myself included) are coming unhinged after one year of missing expectations. We are on year 5. 

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I just don’t go to parties that have been extremely mediocre compared to expectations for the last 5 years.  

Few, if anyone, are hyped anymore.  We're just looking for some hope.  Curcic and a possible new Big represent hope.

45 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

My judgement on what has happened the last seven seasons overall hasn't changed.  That said, I don't see any point in not having hope for next season.  I want the program to succeed.  I don't want to spend the next several months thinking the season will be a disappointment or a disaster.  That isn't good for my mental health.  Plus, when something good happens you need to give the program credit for that.  I probably overstated a little where this kid is actually at right now as a prospect yesterday, but he is a really nice prospect.

The program has signed some guys that look like they have good potential over the last few weeks.  The whole staff deserves credit for that.  Now we just need to close the deal with a big.