Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

What I think this infers is either there are no other choices good enough to fill the big position or the bigs on our roster are not good or ready enough to be effective and ford is thus letting Dandridge call the shots.

Ezewiro not being a certainty is also something to factor into the discussion on your 2nd point. With so many waivers being denied on the football side, there seems to at least be a chance Ezewiro won’t be playing in November. I think his situation makes it a bit tougher to actually just move along from Dandridge and with it being mid-July I tend to think the coaches are comfortable letting him play it out no matter how annoying it is. He has strung us along this long, what’s another few weeks (that would be the argument). Personally I would have already told him to pound sand shortly after his visit over a month ago and moved onto other targets, but we’ve rode it out this long. At this point I also have no idea what else is even out there, we kind of hitched our wagon to him when he entered the portal back in late May. The bigger question might be whether the folks willing to pay him are now adequately fed up.

On that final note, did Bradford commit anywhere?

Regarding Roy's and Chosen posts - if both are correct then how does this play into this "team chemistry" idea being thrown about?  Also, if you give Dandridge all the power just how does that impact your ability to get him to play the way you want him?  I wonder if this approach is not counterproductive to what Ford needs to have happen for a positive year?

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Regarding Roy's and Chosen posts - if both are correct then how does this play into this "team chemistry" idea being thrown about?  Also, if you give Dandridge all the power just how does that impact your ability to get him to play the way you want him?  I wonder if this approach is not counterproductive to what Ford needs to have happen for a positive year?

Those are some key questions right now, completely agree. And I don’t know anything beyond what is on this board and the optics of Dandridge’s recruitment since he entered the portal back in May (since his visit over a month ago it has felt like we are his safety school while holding out for better offers), so do not take me as a credible source, just a moron.

I'm hoping the coaching staff has walked away from Dandridge, as they should have the first time he rejected us, and then the 2nd time he rejected us.

Dndridge won't make or break our season.  I don't think he's worth more than 1 or 2 wins at best.  We are going to be bad with or without him. Winning 13 or 15 games doesn't move the needle for me.

If we do let him on the team is he so bad chemistry wise (what indication has he given that he won't be an absolute disaster) that he destroys the team like some Big Chill/Carlos Skinner monster and we end up winning 6 games with the upperclassmen giving up about 10 games in?  I find this scenario more likely than Dandridge churning out two extra victories for a below .500 team.

JMM28 likes this

12 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I'm hoping the coaching staff has walked away from Dandridge, as they should have the first time he rejected us, and then the 2nd time he rejected us.

Dndridge won't make or break our season.  I don't think he's worth more than 1 or 2 wins at best.  We are going to be bad with or without him. Winning 13 or 15 games doesn't move the needle for me.

If we do let him on the team is he so bad chemistry wise (what indication has he given that he won't be an absolute disaster) that he destroys the team like some Big Chill/Carlos Skinner monster and we end up winning 6 games with the upperclassmen giving up about 10 games in?  I find this scenario more likely than Dandridge churning out two extra victories for a below .500 team.

I have no problem with walking away from Dandridge but I don’t share your extreme pessimism on our record. I have no idea on how good or bad we will be. There are some good pieces but mostly question marks. That said I would be shocked if we don’t win over 15 games but here again just pure conjecture. My expectations are ?????  

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

i too am only speculating but 3 strikeouts and we are still batting.   i just dont think it is good for team chemistry, but we arent at the practices are taking the phone calls or making home visits.   so who knows.  but i am just not overwhelmed with this kids numbers so it befuddles me why we are still hanging on trying.   move on to someone else or shift your game plan to play without this guy.   

50 minutes ago, thetorch said:

He’s a T4 center in the a10. He is near what okoro was this year if healthy 

Michigan, West Virginia and North Texas kicking the tires now.  Memphis also back in.

This is embarrassing for Ford and staff. Getting led on by a recruit who's not that great to begin with. All these other schools are offering him at best backup minutes, while SLU would let him play 40 every night.  This reminds me of Soderberg's recruiting style.

A healthy and in shape Malcolm Dandridge would be the best traditional center the Billikens have had since Ian.  I think he would be in shape because he would be motivated  because he wouldn’t come in looking at a back up roll that has been his situation at Memphis. You never know about injuries.  

It is a roll of the dice.  High ceiling with the downside being getting what he was at Memphis.  That downside is better than what is on the roster right now.  That is why I can’t blame a coach that is feeling heat like Ford for not ending the pursuit for him.

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

A healthy and in shape Malcolm Dandridge would be the best traditional center the Billikens have had since Ian.  I think he would be in shape because he would be motivated  because he wouldn’t come in looking at a back up roll that has been his situation at Memphis. You never know about injuries.  

It is a roll of the dice.  High ceiling with the downside being getting what he was at Memphis.  That downside is better than what is on the roster right now.  That is why I can’t blame a coach that is feeling heat like Ford for not ending the pursuit for him.

I totally agree but then he shouldn't bit.ch and moan about NIL/portal and say multiple times we only want kids who want to be here. Dandridge is the only way this team can be a tourney team (barring an upset run in the A10) tourney so ill wait it out but I also don't mind if the staff says it's time to move on. But Ford once again is speaking out his a$s

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I doubt adding Dandridge makes us a tourney team. 

It doesn’t. It changes us from a 500 team to a possible 20 win team that doesn’t even get close to an nit invite …. Like last year 

JMM28 likes this

For me, I'm okay with Ezewiro (assuming he qualifies), Magassa, Zhang, van Bussel, and Sotirov going into the season.  Got plenty of fouls to give with our Bigs and should be oh so interesting.

Got the feeling Dandridge could be a "cancer" .... maybe better without a "me, me, me" player.

23 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

For me, I'm okay with Ezewiro (assuming he qualifies), Magassa, Zhang, van Bussel, and Sotirov going into the season.  Got plenty of fouls to give with our Bigs and should be oh so interesting.

Got the feeling Dandridge could be a "cancer" .... maybe better without a "me, me, me" player.

TOTALLY agree.  as torch mentioned, dandridge isnt good enough to get in the ncaa.  so if he makes us a 15 win team vs a 12, who cares.  we would suck regardless.  

This guy seems to be showing his true colors which is me, me, me, money, money, money. Considering there are already questions about his practice habits and work ethic and conditioning situation, I just see "Warning warning Will Robinson" written all over this. Walk away.

And if I'm Malcolm Dandridge and have the choices presented me as noted above, all except North Texas seem to be better destinations than St. Louis. But you have to love the mention of North Texas. Phil Forte out there doing his best. If you believe that Vice, Noland and now Dandridge were all Forte connections, and the foreign imports are Harriman connections, just what the heck else has the rest of the staff been doing?

Looking on a Michigan board , they have a Perez grad transfer from West Virginia set to visit , July 28... Said it is a quiet period, that is the earliest on campus visit date allowed ??? This Dandridge think could go on for awhile... 

20 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Dandridge would go to Michigan to back up Reed from Chaminade. You have to question this kids priority to play over money. What would Michigan pay for a backup big?

Someone mentioned Bradford from K-St & G-Tech. I cannot find anything on what he is up to. 

Yes, odd that there's nothing out there on Bradford's destination.  By the way, he is transferring from Wake Forest.

I think Dandridge is a kid who missed the limelight he was promised by Hardaway. Let the kid enjoy being courted. If he plays for us he will be a real assert possibly a star- if he goes someplace else we won’t remember

25 minutes ago, Scoop said:

There is no way we are a 15 win team next year.  Our schedule will be lighter.  We will win 20 and Dandridge may get us to 23.  I'm an optimist.

Yeah I was thinking 18-20 with current roster and 20-22 with MD. Not good enough either way but I just dont see this team winning the same number of games at the teams led by Crawford Agbeko etc