Transfers - 2023

ACE

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I do think he can be better, and as I said I’m hoping the reason was lack of interest in a bad team. But as it stands, metrics involved, he hasn’t been good 

Definitely. There is always room for improvement and I’m sure the coaching staff have a plan in place. 
That said it would be silly to not at least look at the  metrics provided.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If Dandridge to SLU is true, you couldn't have filled that last spot with a better player given the circumstances. Intriguing group coming in. Having said that, I've reached Will Hunting levels of attachment disorder with this basketball program. Don't want to get too close because I'm sick of crying myself to sleep every night in February and March. I also don't want to jinx it but I'm going in with a 15th place A10 finish mentality which I hope translates to a National Championship.

It's not my fault....It's not my fault....It's not my fault.....

Yea fool me once, fool me 5 times, etc. Agree it seems to be a decent retool, but am expecting a .500 season and willing to be pleasantly surprised. Also have zero expectations for any of the incoming FR. Total wild cards and seemingly a lock more will transfer out than graduate, esp. given Ford’s history with overseas players. Maybe Harriman changes that 

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we're just a bunch of poors over here

I know I am. I get frustrated when we miss on a recruit, but at least I am not financially invested in it and am now having a much tougher time being critical of Ford and company for missing on recruits (I wouldn't send $250k to Jimmy Bell either!). I couldn't imagine being a rich/successful in some other field SLU fan having to negotiate with high school and college dudes or those representing them. I suppose one could argue with Ezewiro being at least potentially uncertain that we need him, but damn it would be hard for me not to tell him to pound sand.

Just now, dlarry said:

Unless they can contribute 15 and 10 and play all conference defense. Then we will take them regardless.

(Not saying Dandridge can put up those numbers) 

Right. The coaching staff is being taken for a ride on this one. I personally don't care. I want the best possible players as long as they're good cultural fits. I have no problem with buying a team. But this whole situation seems to be going against what Ford has stated all offseason. 

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Right. The coaching staff is being taken for a ride on this one. I personally don't care. I want the best possible players as long as they're good cultural fits. I have no problem with buying a team. But this whole situation seems to be going against what Ford has stated all offseason. 

I agree with that, tell him you’ve put your best offer on the table, and while Dandridge considers it we will be moving down to the next man we think can help us, and if we get a commitment from the new guy before you (Dandridge) accept, then too bad it didn’t work out with you Mr Dandridge.

billiken_roy likes this

16 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

But this whole situation seems to be going against what Ford has stated all offseason. 

I think you and Pistol have both posted this for seemingly the past month or so. I thought it was kind of bs when Ford said it initially, but for it to be demonstrated so soon afterwards as bs has been surprising to me. The fact that we continue to recruit the guy after being eliminated from his top schools once early on, getting back in once his options dried up, and allowing him to continue to play games with us makes a mockery of that statement. And I also don't particularly care (give me the best players who are program fits), but I never would have made a comment like that. Also, not much in Ford's time at SLU support that being a chief concern with some of the known risks we have taken on, so it was a bit odd for it to become one now.

14 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I agree with that, tell him you’ve put your best offer on the table, and while Dandridge considers it we will be moving down to the next man we think can help us, and if we get a commitment from the new guy before you (Dandridge) accept, then too bad it didn’t work out with you Mr Dandridge.

With it being July 14th, we are kind of at the point it is Dandridge or bust. That likely needed to be the communication a month ago.

3 hours ago, Brighton said:

and the WPB admin wrote a cryptic tweet that maybe SLU f'd up (shocked Pikachu face)

Don't shoot the messenger please but

Initially verified that Dandridge would be announcing on Wednesday. Waiting on the graphic guy.

Now verified by numerous people Dandridge is talking to two other schools and has put SLU off again.

I can't blame Ford for this. We have been after him and can't be his safety school forever. Nothing to do with our offer at all. Dandridge doesn't want to be here apparently.

Personally we should walk away, staff isn't giving up entirely.

billiken_roy, AGB91 and JMM28 like this

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

Initially verified that Dandridge would be announcing on Wednesday. Waiting on the graphic guy.

Now verified by numerous people Dandridge is talking to two other schools and has put SLU off again.

I can't blame Ford for this. We have been after him and can't be his safety school forever. Nothing to do with our offer at all. Dandridge doesn't want to be here apparently.

If that’s true, we should move on from him. We probably already should have moved on from him.

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

If that’s true, we should move on from him. We probably already should have moved on from him.

Agree. And again. Ford has said multiple times "We want kids who want to be here". That is not Malcolm Dandridge unfortunately. He would have been a nice player for us. Which I know is why Ford and staff won't fully give up and that there really aren't many other difference makers out there so you might as well wait but the guy just doesn't seem to want to be here

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Agree. And again. Ford has said multiple times "We want kids who want to be here". That is not Malcolm Dandridge unfortunately. He would have been a nice player for us. Which I know is why Ford and staff won't fully give up and that there really aren't many other difference makers out there so you might as well wait but the guy just doesn't seem to want to be here

This is a microcosm of the whole NIL thing killing the upper tier mid-major programs. A kid will just tinker with the SLU’s of the world until a power 5 school picks up the phone. Essentially using us as leverage, Ford needs to say “this offer expires in 24 hours.” We are getting played by these guys. At least we can move to the next guy after a day and not waste time. Be better at sales, Travis. Hope you got something out of that Kentucky education. 

What I think this infers is either there are no other choices good enough to fill the big position or the bigs on our roster are not good or ready enough to be effective and ford is thus letting Dandridge call the shots 

The fact that Dandridge has pretty much been worthless his entire college career, either of these two assumptions doesn't bode well.  

We got guards/wings that will be ok.   The lane is apparently the problem.  Regardless, I say time to tell Dandridge to pound sand.   Play the kids no matter how ready they are.  Just tell them to rebound and defend the best they can.   If that leads to lots of fouls, so be it

39 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Can he be considered a certified #tool at this point?  I’m in favor

billiken_roy likes this