Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Now that it appears Pearson is really trying to get to a "better" school regardless of the distance from Elizabethtown and his dear "sick"  grandmother, I feel free to post again what I deleted several days ago. Mickey go ____ yourself, hope you ride the pine wherever you wind up at. Tool.

BOOM!!!!

ChangeOfPace likes this

22 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This is much harsher than anything I would say and to be honest his leaving doesn't even bother me.

But Old Guy, I like the new brash, go F yourself attitude that has been on display. I don't necessarily agree with it but I like it.

Bills are back baby.... if you aint with it, youre against it... F yourself Mickey... tool 

27 minutes ago, ACE said:

You can find a few examples if you search hard, but what Pearson is doing does not happen "all the time." In fact, it is pretty rare - to sign a LOI and then de-commit when there has NOT been a coaching change. The examples you cite, all involved coaching changes (Illinois and Louisville).

Yeah I don’t feel bad for people ripping on Pearson. I don’t really care — Ole Miss will be worse than SLU. 

His loss. 

I’ve yet to see anybody on here with any information about why Mickey is doing this and what drove the decision. It’s pretty clear that something happened and he felt SLU was the wrong choice for him to go to college. The coaching staff acknowledged that and voluntarily gave him a release to his LOI. It would seem to me that what’s best for all parties involved is for Mickey to find another school that he feels is a better fit. I’m not sure why a bunch of grown men feel the need to trash a 17/18 yr old on the internet for doing what he feels is best for him and his family.

13 minutes ago, NH said:

I’ve yet to see anybody on here with any information about why Mickey is doing this and what drove the decision. It’s pretty clear that something happened and he felt SLU was the wrong choice for him to go to college. The coaching staff acknowledged that and voluntarily gave him a release to his LOI. It would seem to me that what’s best for all parties involved is for Mickey to find another school that he feels is a better fit. I’m not sure why a bunch of grown men feel the need to trash a 17/18 yr old on the internet for doing what he feels is best for him and his family.

Yes I’m sure it was voluntary. If they would have held him to it Meat spin’s Tom Ley would be writing a whiny think piece about how Travis Ford is Hitler.

fun fact you can’t say meat spin in one word.

51 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

The good news is it sounds like Jacobs is probably in for this year. If we only were able to keep one of Jacobs or Pearson, I keep Jacobs every time.   Dude is a player. 

Agree,  Jacobs reminds me of Mo Jeffers....Spoon went to recruit a stud and noticed Jeffers was always in the middle of all the action. So he got Jeffers.

Report on Jacobs’academics is encouraging, just a little wary of uncertain timeline.

12 hours ago, NH said:

He should have thought about it more before he signed a pledge to attend saint Louis university.   This is a matter of a cheating coach whispering in his ear that he is better than slu and the a10.   

You know what, if he is of that mettle and would go back on his word this late, then I don't want him as a billiken.   We want stronger young men than him.   As far as I'm concerned he's gone and I couldn't care less about his future af this point.

brianstl, TRN, TheA_Bomb and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

He should have thought about it more before he signed a pledge to attend saint Louis university.   This is a matter of a cheating coach whispering in his ear that he is better than slu and the a10.   

You know what, if he is of that mettle and would go back on his word this late, then I don't want him as a billiken.   We want stronger young men than him.   As far as I'm concerned he's gone and I couldn't care less about his future af this point.

Agree Roy what is upsetting is that he took a roster spot of another possible recruit Ford might of signed.  At the time SLU was his best option to commit to he took it and backed out he is a tool.

We have so many great things about our upcoming season to talk about instead of talking about this guy.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

You can't fault him for changing his mind. Has anyone on here accepted a job offer and then changed their mind after sleeping on it? I have and would wager others have as well. But since he's opted out I could really care less how he does at Ol Miss or any other place he decides to play. Of course if he suddenly becomes an All American , leads Ol Miss to a Final Four, and becomes a lottery pick, I might feel some regret he didn't stick with SLU.

I’m done with even mentioning he guy anymore. He ditched a chance for the NCAA tourney next year to play for a guy named Kermit.  Time to focus on the guys on Team Blue.  He obviously didn’t have the makeup to be part of it.

17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I have no knowledge of what Pearson is doing.  But L'ville already has 3 walk on's. 

Wyatt Battaile, who helped Pikeville High reach the state's Sweet 16 last season, announced his decision via Twitter. The 6-foot-5 Battaile was originally committed to Morehead State but accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the Cardinals instead.

Battaile joins Jacob Redding and South Oldham High alum Jo Griffin among Louisville's walk-ons. He averaged 24.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game as a high school senior.

Battaile and his Pikeville team actually reached the Elite 8. They beat Pearson's John Hardin team in the Sweet 16. Not sure Mickey would want to suit up alongside him as a walk-on.

He just visited Ole Miss and got an offer, which to me is an even more solid reason not to walk on at Louisville. If Louisville offered a scholarship, that's another thing, but walking on would be stupid if you have good scholarship offers available. I said a few days ago that I'd already be unsure about Louisville if I were Pearson because he's more of a long-term prospect and Louisville is looking to rebuild fast. They're going to bring in 4- and 5-star kids ASAP and someone like Pearson could get marginalized. Don't get me wrong, I think MP will be an excellent college player; I just don't think that'd be a good situation for him.

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

You can't fault him for changing his mind. Has anyone on here accepted a job offer and then changed their mind after sleeping on it? I have and would wager others have as well. But since he's opted out I could really care less how he does at Ol Miss or any other place he decides to play. Of course if he suddenly becomes an All American , leads Ol Miss to a Final Four, and becomes a lottery pick, I might feel some regret he didn't stick with SLU.

Actually no - I never interviewed for a job that I was not ready to accept if offered.  I always did my research before committing to the process.  You waste yours and others time - not fair.  I have been recruited to interview and if I decided to do so I always made it clear up front that this was just a look see thing for me.

Billiken Rich likes this

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Actually no - I never interviewed for a job that I was not ready to accept if offered.  I always did my research before committing to the process.  You waste yours and others time - not fair.  I have been recruited to interview and if I decided to do so I always made it clear up front that this was just a look see thing for me.

So you have interviewed for a job that you were not ready to accept?

Good grief, the kid is 17-18 years old.  He changed his mind for what he considers a potentially better opportunity elsewhere.  I can hardly hold that against him.   

The air must be really thin up high in the ivory towers where some of you sit.

NH and Zink like this

12 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Good grief, the kid is 17-18 years old.  He changed his mind for what he considers a potentially better opportunity elsewhere.  I can hardly hold that against him.   

Totally agree with this. Hell when I was 17-18 I wasn't capable of making long term decisions. This board expects way too much from kids. 

SLU_Lax likes this

i was brought up and raised my kids to ALWAYS live up to your promises.   if you dont believe you can, dont make the promise.   sorry no break from me on this one.   had there truly been a grandma and he enrolled at the local juco to be at home to be with her till recovery or whenever, then yes, i would be more forgiving.  but when it appears he is headed to the lesser school than slu but in the great sec,.....................(deep breath) nope.  

NextYearBill likes this

12 minutes ago, willie said:

Totally agree with this. Hell when I was 17-18 I wasn't capable of making long term decisions. This board expects way too much from kids. 

1) I like to make fun of Mickey Pearson because it's fun.

2) Don't think Mickey Pearson cares what I think.

3) If he told the coaching staff it was a sick family member but it is not - that's a weak move 

4) He did put SLU is a bad position. I am a SLU fan. Therefore I don't really care too much about how Mickey Pearson feels when people make fun of him on this board

8 minutes ago, willie said:

we're moving away from the initial point. 

He made a committed to a school.  Fine.  you can leave whenever if you have second thoughts. because, yes, you're still a kid and things change. Totally understand.   But you start to really screw people over when you wait til the last second.  Luckily Ford is a OG and could fill that spot in with equal talent. 

And then on top of that.  You leave the school that you nearly fricked over, because you needed to be closer to home.  Cool understandable.  Then days later you're looking at schools further away from where you live.  

I told myself I would not add to this pointless thread (that is now 7 excruciating pages long by the way) but the sole reason I am angry at Mickey Pearson is because he will never have to deal with back hair like I do. My wife is sick of shaving it before we head to the beach every year.

moytoy12 likes this

57 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we're moving away from the initial point. 

He made a committed to a school.  Fine.  you can leave whenever if you have second thoughts. because, yes, you're still a kid and things change. Totally understand.   But you start to really screw people over when you wait til the last second.  Luckily Ford is a OG and could fill that spot in with equal talent. 

And then on top of that.  You leave the school that you nearly fricked over, because you needed to be closer to home.  Cool understandable.  Then days later you're looking at schools further away from where you live.  

On the same line of thinking plenty of juveniles, 18 and under commit murder, or rapes, or sell drugs, or steal or just engage in wanton destruction. So, just because they are juvies they should be forgiven because they made a mistake? Some of these juveniles are tried as adults and some actually get very heavy sentences. Are you going to apply a different way to judge these juvies versus the Pearsons of the world? A contract is a contract. That said Ford was correct in giving him a release, not because he was confused but because he would have been a major source of trouble in the team.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

You clearly missed the content - I did not look for the interview-  They insisted and I agreed to talk - nothing wrong with that if you are honest with them up front.  I understand these kids are young but as I said in previous post earlier - then why even have LOI if it is now accepted that you can simply get out of it by asking anytime you want before enrolling.  When you sign the LOI a commitment had been made that is far more entangled then simply apply for a school and you changing your mind.  You can look at it your way and I will look at my way - I guess today neither of us are wrong.