Good luck Mickey Pearson!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Mickey Pearson just tweeted that he recommitted to play college basketball for Florida Atlantic University. Florida Atlantic University is located in Boca Raton, just north of Ft. Lauderdale, that is close to the southern tip of Florida. Florida Atlantic ranked 11th in CUSA 2017, 

This makes it clearly evident that his main reason for dropping off from SLU was his very strong committment to stay physically close to his sick grandmother, is it not?. For those of you who believed the story of the sick grandmother, here is Mickey going to play in a College located at the southern tip of Florida. 

That's my old hood!  Odd choice unless he plans to party with Lane.

I find what Pearson has done is a big deal.  If you can sign a LOI in the Fall and then in the summer decide you don't want to go to the school anymore without any penalty then what is the purpose of signing a LOI.  What Pearson has done simply gives schools a reason to not  feel guilty about taking schollies away if they think they can get an upgrade.  The system only works if both parties are true to their commitments to each other.  I agree with Old Guy - Pearson is a piece of sh*t.  I don't even care if we got a better player or not - this is not how people should treat each other.  

bauman likes this

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

I will, have fun with it.

I am having fun with it, the struggle is real for the older generation, (me) and technology  (posting twitter posts)

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Mickey Pearson just tweeted that he recommitted to play college basketball for Florida Atlantic University. Florida Atlantic University is located in Boca Raton, just north of Ft. Lauderdale, that is close to the southern tip of Florida. Florida Atlantic ranked 11th in CUSA 2017, 

This makes it clearly evident that his main reason for dropping off from SLU was his very strong committment to stay physically close to his sick grandmother, is it not?. For those of you who believed the story of the sick grandmother, here is Mickey going to play in a College located at the southern tip of Florida. 

This is at least the second time you’ve done this. Please quit trashing this young man because you don’t know how the internet works. 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I find what Pearson has done is a big deal.  If you can sign a LOI in the Fall and then in the summer decide you don't want to go to the school anymore without any penalty then what is the purpose of signing a LOI.  What Pearson has done simply gives schools a reason to not  feel guilty about taking schollies away if they think they can get an upgrade.  The system only works if both parties are true to their commitments to each other.  I agree with Old Guy - Pearson is a piece of sh*t.  I don't even care if we got a better player or not - this is not how people should treat each other.  

0F109C74-E7F4-49B8-A207-1082C4FC6E28.gif

Do people really believe that Old guy doesn’t know how to read tweets? He just accidently read through over two months of Mickey Pearson’s twitter history on Verbal Commits and found a majical retweet that he mistook for Mickey committing to FAU, really?

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Pearson asked out of his LOI. He was granted a release, per his request. This was his right to ask and the school’s choice to release him. You have no information on his reasons for asking out. All these facts notwithstanding, you have labeled him a “piece of sh*t.” 

Do you think Rick Majerus is a piece of sh*t for when he changed his mind about coaching at USC? Is Travis Ford a piece of sh*t for leaving UMass and Eastern Kentucky? Is Charlie Spoonhour a piece of sh*t for leaving Missouri State? Would your son or daughter be a piece of sh*t if they decided the school they originally decided to go to was not actually the best fit for them?

slufanskip likes this

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Get a grip. Kid has a sick grandma and you call him a piece of . Unreal.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Do people really believe that Old guy doesn’t know how to read tweets? He just accidently read through over two months of Mickey Pearson’s twitter history on Verbal Commits and found a majical retweet that he mistook for Mickey committing to FAU, really?

100% believe this, though full disclosure I have always been #teamoldguy. if it’s a con I respect it even more 

SLU_Lax likes this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

He did the same with another prospect recently too. A kid retweeted a friend’s commitment and old guy posted on the board that the kid himself had committed. He doesn’t know how twitter works, so he probably shouldn’t be trashing kids based off of it. 

William Iken likes this

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Yep. Can't remember the player - someone who had just trimmed the list to 12 teams. Then it's stated here he committed to a school which wasn't on the list. I looked at it was a retweet of a friend's commitment.

1 hour ago, William Iken said:

Yep. Can't remember the player - someone who had just trimmed the list to 12 teams. Then it's stated here he committed to a school which wasn't on the list. I looked at it was a retweet of a friend's commitment.

This reminded me. It was Mario mcKinney

16 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

First of all, I didn’t see this on either Pearson’s page on Verbal Commits or his Twitter Page. 

I did a little digging. The tweet about FAU is Pearson re-tweeting a tweet from April about another player, likely a friend, committing to FAU. Not Pearson himself.

Old Guy taking L’s all over this thread.

Old guy is simmering ice chips!!!

VeniceMenace likes this

9 hours ago, NH said:

Pearson asked out of his LOI. He was granted a release, per his request. This was his right to ask and the school’s choice to release him. You have no information on his reasons for asking out. All these facts notwithstanding, you have labeled him a “piece of sh*t.” 

Do you think Rick Majerus is a piece of sh*t for when he changed his mind about coaching at USC? Is Travis Ford a piece of sh*t for leaving UMass and Eastern Kentucky? Is Charlie Spoonhour a piece of sh*t for leaving Missouri State? Would your son or daughter be a piece of sh*t if they decided the school they originally decided to go to was not actually the best fit for them?

I never said that he could not ask for his release and that Ford never should  have let him out.  Using your logic above then all contracts mean nothing if one of the parties decide to pull out of their agreement.  My point simply was that if he signed with FAU then the story of his sick relative was nonsense and simply a smoke screen.  FAU is a lot farther from home then StL.  I have no problem understanding the current environment but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should nor do I have to like it.  If SLU had recruited over him next year and told him to take a hike I would be saying the same thing about SLU.  My opinion and only my opinion.

25 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I never said that he could not ask for his release and that Ford never should  have let him out.  Using your logic above then all contracts mean nothing if one of the parties decide to pull out of their agreement.  My point simply was that if he signed with FAU then the story of his sick relative was nonsense and simply a smoke screen.  FAU is a lot farther from home then StL.  I have no problem understanding the current environment but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should nor do I have to like it.  If SLU had recruited over him next year and told him to take a hike I would be saying the same thing about SLU.  My opinion and only my opinion.

What part of “he didn’t sign with FAU, that was just a friend from 2 months ago” do you not get?

As someone that reads most threads I notice many of your responses suggest you don’t actually read all the thread before responding. Old guys idiotic post has been disproven and if you had continued to read the thread you would have seen that.

Littlebill likes this