Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Evansville just beat Kentucky 67-64.

SLU got a mention on Sports Center in relation to this game.  It was Kentucky's 2nd loss as a number 1 to an unranked non-major conference opponent - 1950 vs Saint Louis.

How is that for a bit of trivia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gister said:

SLU got a mention on Sports Center in relation to this game.  It was Kentucky's 2nd loss as a number 1 to an unranked non-major conference opponent - 1950 vs Saint Louis.

How is that for a bit of trivia.

Amazing trivia....and that was the most fun I've had watching a non SLU game since Sister Jean and Porter's run a couple years back.  So happy for the Aces.  Proves anything can happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Evansville is a team of jr and Srs. Kentucky is all freshman. That’s going to happen when you lean on too many 18 year olds over 30 games. 

which is why I normally pick my F4 teams off of experience more than 5* ranking

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Crews once was coach at Evansville. Glad to see they were able to shake off the stench. We are on our way, too.

We all know about Crews but apparently Evansville does not, they had a major celebration honoring Crews this year I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Old guy said:

We all know about Crews but apparently Evansville does not, they had a major celebration honoring Crews this year I believe.

maybe they played on the big screen the play Crews called where he Chris Mack taking the ball out of bounds for Evansville throw the ball in the defenders face and break his nose.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brianstl said:

This never gets old.

Never.  My Billikens.com YouTube video power rankings are as such:

1. The Bonaventure Rick Majerus animated dog video

2. Shirtless Ukranian guy celebrates Justin Love's game-winning basket

3. Knollmeyer dunks over trash can

4. You people in Evansville

Actually, it's more of a four-way tie, kind of like trying to decide which one of your kids you love the most.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old guy said:

We all know about Crews but apparently Evansville does not, they had a major celebration honoring Crews this year I believe.

It's all relative. Crews is the most successful Evansville coach in the modern era. He took them to 4 of their 5 NCAA appearances and led them to their only NCAA victory. Crews was spent when we got him but he was solid most of the years he was in Evansville.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Never.  My Billikens.com YouTube video power rankings are as such:

1. The Bonaventure Rick Majerus animated dog video

2. Shirtless Ukranian guy celebrates Justin Love's game-winning basket

3. Knollmeyer dunks over trash can

4. You people in Evansville

Actually, it's more of a four-way tie, kind of like trying to decide which one of your kids you love the most.

Dayton social club was ROBBED in your rankings.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Never.  My Billikens.com YouTube video power rankings are as such:

1. The Bonaventure Rick Majerus animated dog video

2. Shirtless Ukranian guy celebrates Justin Love's game-winning basket

3. Knollmeyer dunks over trash can

4. You people in Evansville

Actually, it's more of a four-way tie, kind of like trying to decide which one of your kids you love the most.

I know it’s not YouTube, but the Brett Jolly gif is dishonorable mention 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...