Other games

brianstl

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

if the fans stayed in their seats to truly respect and pay tribute to the seniors i would be fine with that, but 2/3 of the billiken fan base is just worried about getting out of the parking lots/garages and are leaving as the ceremony is going on.   not fair to the seniors.   

To add to your point about 1/4 of them leave before the game is over even on a Saturday, I never understood the rush on the weekend.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billiken fans don't get to the games/their seats early either. So really not sure there's a good time to do it for someone like us. I don't want to say it like this, but if your senior class is good/likable enough, plenty of people will stay. Jett, McCall, etc had a fine crowd and they're maybe our best senior class ever. Crawford and Agbeko had an ok crowd last year and they were likable guys. I would expect enough people to want to honor Roby this year that it'll be a solid crowd again. And enough people who will stay until midnight to finally see Hines leave.

5 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Yikes ... I will do my best ....

If the above Hoosier situation comes true, and we have a six-way tie at 9 and 9, the records there between the six combined are this:

St. Joe's is 3 and 3; SLU is 4 and 3; Mason is 6 and 2; VCU is 3 and 5; Dayton is 3 and 4; and Richmond is 3 and 5.  In that mini-league, Mason wins and is the four.  Then you start over and eliminate the Mason games in the match ups.  The Joey's go to 3 and 1; SLU to 4 and 2; VCU to 2 and 4; Dayton to 3 and 4, and Richmond at 2 and 4.  That means the Joey's get five because .750 trumps .667.  Take the Joeys out and SLU is 2 and 2, VCU is 2 and 3, Dayton is 3 and 3, and Richmond is 2 and 3.  Dayton gets sixth because in the A10 rationale, a three-wins .500 record is better than our two-wins .500 record.  This leaves SLU, VCU and Richmond and SLU cops seventh at 2 and 1, leaving Richmond in eighth because of a season sweep of VCU making VCU ninth.

Summary;  if Hoosier's world comes true = Mason, St. Joe's, Dayton, SLU, Richmond, VCU.  I don't think La Salle beats the Joeys at Hagan.  If Mason wins at VCU, I don't see them losing at home to Richmond.  I don't see VCU losing at home to Mason.  And I didn't see Rhodey get SMOKED by 30 at HOME to the Joey's.  So again, buckle up ... Madness starst in February ..... like Christmas decorations in the malls in October.

When you take the Joeys out would SLU go from 4-2 to 3-2? And we would be better than Dayton...?

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

That damn VCU loss is biting us in the arse.  Hate to be a lamenter, but Bess missing that free throw to put us up four is creating this chaos right now.  I'm a big Bess fan, but that one hurt.

I think we discussed this ad nauseam, we were up by 3 close to the end of regulation, we could have just fouled. 

Win them both and doesn't matter. BTW, RPI forecaster has us as a 51% favorite tomorrow night.  

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if the fans stayed in their seats to truly respect and pay tribute to the seniors i would be fine with that, but 2/3 of the billiken fan base is just worried about getting out of the parking lots/garages and are leaving as the ceremony is going on.   not fair to the seniors.   

But most people show up at / right after the start of the game anyways, so you'd have a less than full house if you do it before as well.  I like doing it afterwards even if it does suck to do it after a loss (like vs Dayton Jett's senior year).

Edit: Or pretty much exactly what @slufan13 said.

Edited by RUBillsFan

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Meh.  If Crews had landed Barnes, he might also have landed Jayson Tatum, but while last year it might have been fun watching Jayson, we'd still have Crews as coach and it's unlikely we'd have the talent Ford has been bringing in.

No S2 probably

4 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

No S2 probably

Well, while it's unfortunate to have had to contend with Sit. II, I wouldn't trade the current caliber of talent with the caliber of talent Crews had been bringing in, even if they'd been able to keep their noses cleaner (which is questionable, considering some of the issues Milik Yarbrough has had at Illinois State).

8 hours ago, Compton said:

It'll be an all Illinois Arch Madness Semifinal: Bradley, Loyola-Moser, Illinois State, SIU. 

I have to give the MVC some credit. When Wichita moved on I expected them to go the way CUSA went when they broke up. Watched some MVC Conference Championship the last couple days and the conference on a whole got better and more competitive.