Latest Ford Rumor

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always leaks, about 5% are true. Ford is of course trying to save his job and make himself more desirable for another school next year. 

I think everyone who follows the program realizes it's time to move on. If not, then yikes.... But Ford is done and gone in about 9 days 

If he gets canned I don’t see where he’s a desireable hire unless it’s a low mid major. Fired by OKS and SLU is not exactly what you’d call a resume builder. So yeah you can see why he’d be scrambling to save his job. If indeed he’s bending the knee then we should broach the idea of a renegotiation. The last place coach shouldn’t be the highest paid coach in the conference. And we need NIL $$’s. 

NextYearBill likes this

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

If he gets canned I don’t see where he’s a desireable hire unless it’s a low mid major. Fired by OKS and SLU is not exactly what you’d call a resume builder. So yeah you can see why he’d be scrambling to save his job. If indeed he’s bending the knee then we should broach the idea of a renegotiation. The last place coach shouldn’t be the highest paid coach in the conference. And we need NIL $$’s. 

He’s not going to find a better paying head coaching job, that’s for sure. Maybe SEMO, if they had an opening, or someone like that, would take him on at about 1/10th his current salary. But Travis would be better off just raking in the buyout money and getting a TV or radio job somewhere.

slu72 and billiken_roy like this

8 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Just curious, what are the offensive ratings.  Have they nose dived also?  We are 2nd in offense in the A10 conference games, between St. Joe and Rhodey.  Just looking for a full picture.  Thanks.

18 - 225

19 - 214

20 - 111

21 - 50

22 - 63

23 - 63

24 - 94

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

18 - 225

19 - 214

20 - 111

21 - 50

22 - 63

23 - 63

24 - 94

You can't out train a bad diet and you can't outscore a bad defense. The full picture is that this defense is so bad that even with 2 all conference scorers we are in damn near last place. The full picture is that if Travis Ford would have held on to a Cisse, Traore or Bell and/or brought in any sort of rim protection in the portal he might not be begging for his job. Using NIL as an excuse for this is nonsense. No doubt you could have gone out and found some D2 player willing to get a full ride good enough to park his ass in the paint, protect the rim and not foul.

Dr Bird, VeniceMenace and willie like this

35 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

FIFY.

Yeah, saying we were worried about that is rather extreme. Maybe a couple of folks on here posted that, but I assume they were quickly shot down for having Ford remotely on Kentucky's radar to replace Calipari.

brianstl likes this

32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

FIFY.

Maybe two people on the board were worried about losing Travis.  Most people realized Travis had to win games in multiple NCAA tournaments before he was going to get offered a lower P5 job, much less Kentucky.  Travis had a stench of NCAA tournament failure on him when he was fired at OSU.  Just making the NCAA tournament wasn't going to get rid of that stench for big budget athletic departments. 

billiken_roy and SLU_Lax like this

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Maybe two people on the board were worried about losing Travis.  Most people realized Travis had to win games in multiple NCAA tournaments before he was going to get offered a lower P5 job, much less Kentucky.  Travis had a stench of NCAA tournament failure on him when he was fired at OSU.  Just making the NCAA tournament wasn't going to get rid of that stench for big budget athletic departments. 

And the stench you talk about has become much worse this season.

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Just curious, what are the offensive ratings.  Have they nose dived also?  We are 2nd in offense in the A10 conference games, between St. Joe and Rhodey.  Just looking for a full picture.  Thanks.

Mods, can you please check to see if Shane hacked Hoosier’s handle?

David King likes this

Given we really don't know what his buy out amount is it is hard to know how to factor that into a decision.  Maybe they gave him a big salary in exchange for a reasonable buy out who knows.  Of course Ford doesn't want to get fired - who does?  Him saying he has really only had one bad year shows how delusional he is - every year he did not get an NIT bid or a dance invite is a bad year and I know there has to be at least 3 of those  ( I open to being corrected) and I would throw in the year that he had a number one seed in the NIT and got bounced in the first round as a bad year - that was a NCAA team and he coached down the drain.  If SLU keeps him they will have a major problem on their hands - once us old guys drop our season tix we aren't coming back and we make up a big portion of that group.

I can totally see SLU citing Mooney at Richmond as a reason why Ford gets another shot, when in reality they just do not want to fund the buyout.  

There is way too much certainty in MBM circles that Ford is indeed gone. 

based on nothing other than I am embracing for pain....I think he is back.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, sludevil said:

For what it's worth, the latest from Trilly Donovan: "The buyout is large, but it sounds like Saint Louis will have the money. Does Chris May go too?"

Not sure who that dude is talking to but I know he has sources that know about things going on inside the AD. 

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Not sure who that dude is talking to but I know he has sources that know about things going on inside the AD. 

I am not doubting you per se but how do you know that he has sources?

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am not doubting you per se but how do you know that he has sources?

dude knows stuff, its crazy. 

43 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

44 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Could it be Maria Reynolds?

Lord Elrond likes this