GDT: SLU v. Davidson

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

No I meant what was his defense of dad?  Really curious how you defend what's happening. Also the other defenses were hilarious.

He really didn’t defend his dad tbh.  Just complained about my comment.  He did question my basketball intellect, but I just told him to have a good rest of his week.  And that Stone Cold is in my thoughts and prayers for all the heartache and pain the comment seemed to cause

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OkieBilliken said:

This is just toxic bs.   Why are we finding out about this after a terrible game?   Everything is an excuse.    If he was that troubled, God bless him, give him the game off.   If you can see hes struggling in the game, maybe sit him.  

I've lost grandparents. It hurts but yeah; for Ford it's another ex post facto excuse, something he is now infamous for. I feel for Jimerson, I do not feel for CTF.

OkieBilliken and willie like this

I also hear it the truth that Jimerson is a paid professional - likely better paid than you or I am to shoot threes. There is NO excuse to score zero points, ever. If he needs FMLA or whatever he should apply for it.

He's a paid professional and this performance was inexcusable. Those excuses were gone when he accepted the NIL funds. That is also true.

1 minute ago, Soderball said:

I also hear it the truth that Jimerson is a paid professional - likely better paid than you or I am to shoot threes. There is NO excuse to score zero points, ever. If he needs FMLA or whatever he should apply for it.

He's a paid professional and this performance was inexcusable. Those excuses were gone when he accepted the NIL funds. That is also true.

I think that’s too harsh.   He’s a terrific kid and a great student athlete.   This isn’t on him.   This performance is all on his head coach.  

DirtyRican likes this

19 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

This is just toxic bs.   Why are we finding out about this after a terrible game?   Everything is an excuse.    If he was that troubled, God bless him, give him the game off.   If you can see hes struggling in the game, maybe sit him.  

Exactly. Another example of bad PR from SLU 

-good luck to us

-we now know attendance is not butts in the seats as there wasn't 5647 at the game

-two incidents with chairs, Travis couldn't get out of his on the first attempt of the game, it was comical and then in the second half LH2 sits on one they bring to the court for timeout and it collapses -- I guess a third incident would have been electric

-it must have been 5 possessions in a row where we did the exact same thing, dribble in front of our bench, attempt to set a screen, Davidson does the exact same thing and doubles us, let's the screener go and we have no idea what to do

-Bruce was honored for Academic Achievement

-I am lacking anger or passion and I don't like this numb feeling I have toward our program

I ended up parking by vitos. As I was walking back after the game (also found out I could not buy a number 22 Jersey in any way) I looked around and what would an above average billikens team do for this area. I am not sure slu understands the economic. Academics is awesome though successful basketball team would make things even greater for midtown and slu. Ask webster fontnonne and lindenwood 

BillTheCat likes this

9 hours ago, Soderball said:

I thought this would be a bad year. I never thought it would be this bad.

This is a lost recruiting class. These 6 guys are awful. Only Ezewiro can play and he is good for 15 mins max. Exhausted, fat, out of shape.

This is a lost recruiting class. All of these.guys have to go.

there is no recruiting any longer.   either we buck up and buy players or we need to go down to a lower level where the game is indeed still an amateur game.  recruiting skills mean nothing any longer.  our current roster proves that.  

2010andBeyond and Soderball like this

9 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

I think that’s too harsh.   He’s a terrific kid and a great student athlete.   This isn’t on him.   This performance is all on his head coach.  

We all know Ford sucks and needs to go but I think we’ve been giving the players a free pass. 
They are guilty of this mess too.

They are the ones taking awful shots.

They are the ones making careless passes. 
They are the ones who don’t hustle back on defense.

They are the ones who refuse to go after rebounds or play defense.

Ford creates this awful roster but the players aren’t doing their jobs either.

I’m done giving them a free pass because the coach stinks.

AGB91 and Soderball like this

9 hours ago, Soderball said:

I've lost grandparents. It hurts but yeah; for Ford it's another ex post facto excuse, something he is now infamous for. I feel for Jimerson, I do not feel for CTF.

I lost my grandfather who was like a 2nd father to me my junior year at SLU (my real dad is awesome but so was my grandpa) I didn't miss any games for band, not saying Jimerson doesn't deserve time to grieve, especially since his family is in another state, but there are no games between now and Saturday, he could definitely go home for a few days, come back for Saturday, and fly back out for the funeral, maybe miss one game at most. This isn't like it's a weeks long injury.

Jimerson has had plenty of dud games in his career but I'll give him a pass here since I don't know his relationship with his grandfather. It's probably a valid excuse but it doesn't tell the whole story. He's taken what 8 shots in the past 2 games? Teams are taking him away and Ford can't scheme him open. 

Soderball, brianstl and Bizziken like this

43 minutes ago, dlarry said:

We all know Ford sucks and needs to go but I think we’ve been giving the players a free pass. 
They are guilty of this mess too.

They are the ones taking awful shots.

They are the ones making careless passes. 
They are the ones who don’t hustle back on defense.

They are the ones who refuse to go after rebounds or play defense.

Ford creates this awful roster but the players aren’t doing their jobs either.

I’m done giving them a free pass because the coach stinks.

I understand what you are saying but I have just never thought it was a good idea to trash your own players.  I know they are de facto paid, but I still hold on to the thread that they are student athletes.   It should be all on the coach.   He is making 2.5 large so it is his job to pick the right players (fail), coach and develop those players (fail), motivate them (fail), and create a winning game plan (fail).  TJ, GJ & the rest, those are my guys and I will always support them.   Not their fault they got the worst version of Travis this year.  

11 hours ago, wgstl said:

Puzzled as to why the dolphin graphic  has need used so little 

As the originator of the use of the dolphin graphic after heartbreaking defeats, I will weigh in: My spirit has been broken in every possible way. Personally, I could not even muster up the energy to post it, and I would assume other dolphin posters feel the same.

I will, however, bust out this bad boy once again:

Screenshot_20211117-025234 | MIT Admissions

JMM28, TheChosenOne and wgstl like this

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

As the originator of the use of the dolphin graphic after heartbreaking defeats, I will weigh in: My spirit has been broken in every possible way. Personally, I could not even muster up the energy to post it, and I would assume other dolphin posters feel the same.

I will, however, bust out this bad boy once again:

Screenshot_20211117-025234 | MIT Admissions

Remember the good times to get you through...

10 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

12 years ago. What we used to have...

A win over a Sweet 16 Xavier team at Cintas. 10 steals. 18 assists on 22 field goals.

And forced 17 TOs. That is the stat with this team that just amazes me, Davidson had 3 TOs last night (in conference play Saint Joseph's and George Mason had 5 against us and no opponent in conference play has committed more than 9 TOs against). The defense is incredible, takes absolutely nothing away from our opponent.

JMM28 likes this

55 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Jimerson has had plenty of dud games in his career but I'll give him a pass here since I don't know his relationship with his grandfather. It's probably a valid excuse but it doesn't tell the whole story. He's taken what 8 shots in the past 2 games? Teams are taking him away and Ford can't scheme him open. 

Can't or won't?

57 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

I understand what you are saying but I have just never thought it was a good idea to trash your own players.  I know they are de facto paid, but I still hold on to the thread that they are student athletes.   It should be all on the coach.   He is making 2.5 large so it is his job to pick the right players (fail), coach and develop those players (fail), motivate them (fail), and create a winning game plan (fail).  TJ, GJ & the rest, those are my guys and I will always support them.   Not their fault they got the worst version of Travis this year.  

I'm with you Okie.  This is 100% on Ford and the coaching staff. If one maybe two guys aren't playing correctly that could mean this staff just can't reach them and it's a bad fit or they're a bad player. But all the players? The majority of the players not performing that's coaching. You see only the truly hard core Ford apologists agreeing with the statement about blaming the players.  As if Ford didn't recruit them.

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'm with you Okie.  This is 100% on Ford and the coaching staff. If one maybe two guys aren't playing correctly that could mean this staff just can't reach them and it's a bad fit or they're a bad player. But all the players? The majority of the players but performing that's coaching. You see only the truly hard core Ford apologists agreeing with the statement about blaming the players.  As if Ford didn't recruit them.

Finding players that fit into your culture is a part of the job. Cliche comparison: Herb Brooks giving his players a personality test to figure out how far he could push them.