Chaifetz Sports Announcement

SluSignGuy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

Pickleball sounds like a younger Millennial/Gen Z game.

27 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Born in 2000 and I don’t know a single person that plays/played pickleball

pickleball is an old person game. 
40+ would be the main demographic. Most parks in the south city area are converting their tennis courts to pickleball courts. If you drive by ona nice weekend they will be jam packed all day.

The game has really turned city parks into hotspots which is awesome.

I really enjoy playing. 

That said this news doesn’t excite me one bit. 

There are 3 similar but different sports that originated in the 1960’s:

Padel  or Paddle Tennis (By far the most popular Internationally, despite the recent dramatic increase in Pickleball in the U.S.)

Paddleball.

Pickleball.

…………………

Some local St. Louis tennis clubs have offered Paddle Tennis for many decades. It’s popular in those circles. 

……………….

Pickleball is a good form of exercise for people of all ages, young and old. (Good for them). Obviously it’s good for very young kids and older adults, but, it is not limited to that. Several former professional tennis players are playing and owning teams too. 

……………….

It’s all good unless/until they try to convert tennis courts into pickleball courts. As long as they have their own courts separate from tennis, it’s fine. I am not in favor of converting tennis courts to pickleball, which has been an issue in a few (non local) geographies. 

…………….

Tonka likes this

3 minutes ago, courtside said:

There are 3 similar but different sports that originated in the 1960’s:

Padel  or Paddle Tennis (By far the most popular Internationally, despite the recent dramatic increase in Pickleball in the U.S.)

Paddleball.

Pickleball.

…………………

Some local St. Louis tennis clubs have offered Paddle Tennis for many decades. It’s popular in those circles. 

……………….

Pickleball is a good form of exercise for people of all ages, young and old. (Good for them). Obviously it’s good for very young kids and older adults, but, it is not limited to that. Several former professional tennis players are playing and owning teams too. 

……………….

It’s all good unless/until they try to convert tennis courts into pickleball courts. As long as they have their own courts separate from tennis, it’s fine. I al not in favor of converting tennis courts to pickleball, which has been an issue in a few (non local) geographies. 

…………….

They converted half of the tennis courts at Carondolet park and half at Wilmore to Pickleball courts. 
Before the conversion they were completely empty.

After the conversion they are packed to the brim. People sit on the sideline waiting for a court to open.

I see nothing wrong with converting something that wasn’t  used into something that is. 

i know nothing about pickle ball and have no desire to learn.    two years to retirement and all i know is i get to play a LOT more golf.   focusing on that..  

brianstl likes this

59 minutes ago, dlarry said:

pickleball is an old person game. 
40+ would be the main demographic. Most parks in the south city area are converting their tennis courts to pickleball courts. If you drive by ona nice weekend they will be jam packed all day.

The game has really turned city parks into hotspots which is awesome.

I really enjoy playing. 

That said this news doesn’t excite me one bit. 

I am a boomer and I am addicted on playing pickleball. Fortunately, where I live has 10 courts. They just converted 2 of the 6 tennis courts we have to pickleball courts.

Also, to be good at it is not easy. You have to play it a lot.