GDT: @ George Mason.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I could hear that guy the entire game on ESPN plus.

Every time the Billikens stopped Mason he would yell SLU fouled.

When SLU got fouled I heard him yell to call that foul on both teams.

Blue font, I guess he intimidated the refs by the way the game was called.

Some interesting words got through the stream last night

8 hours ago, TRN said:

Sorry, I haven’t been in those conversations.  

I am talking about tonight, he was off.  

He’s our best scorer, and possibly our best player, but today he was not there.  

I’m sure he’ll be back as our best scorer next game.  I’m just saying he was off and needed a break.  Not sure what you’re referring to.  I’ve been on this board for 20 years and generally agree with you. 

Gotcha

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

He will definitely be back. He’s the best scorer on the team. Even great scorers have bad nights. 
It’s great to get a win even when Jimerson has an off night.

The beauty of his off night is that Williams and Jones got a lot of good minutes. Even on his off nights Jimerson is going to take a ton of heat off of the rest of the guys. Probably why Fred had a tough first part of the game honestly and turned it on late.

Last night was a tough game for Jimerson. Mason had their best defender shadowing him all night who clearly gave Gibson trouble. Then on defense Mason was clearly trying to go at Jimerson as much as possible. I’m sure he was exhausted and we saw that in the two missed open 3s in the second half that he usually drains.

Gibson taking Gaines made Yuri’s life a lot easier. It also opened up the paint especially on those high ball screen actions we run.

Tough game for Gibson but still helped us win the game. Those games are bound to happen from time to time 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The beauty of his off night is that Williams and Jones got a lot of good minutes. Even on his off nights Jimerson is going to take a ton of heat off of the rest of the guys. Probably why Fred had a tough first part of the game honestly and turned it on late.

I am glad I didn’t post much during the game.  I would have said some stuff I would have later regretted about a couple of guys.

the crazy thing about last night’s game is that for as completely dominant Yuri was, so many guys had huge contributions to the win.

David King and almaman like this

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am glad I didn’t post much during the game.  I would have said some stuff I would have later regretted about a couple of guys.

the crazy thing about last night’s game is that for as completely dominant Yuri was, so many guys had huge contributions to the win.

I had the dolphin cued up and ready.

But fortunately, it was not to be.

Get behind me, dolphin.

NextYearBill, CBFan, NH and 1 other like this

11 hours ago, wgstl said:

Well that’s just sad. Ford had his 2 centers foul out early. Ford had 2 of his next 3 Most important players playing with 4 fouls thru 2 OT against a top 100 team on the road and won. 

Pick a new battle, it’s old. 

first it's old sure.   but imo it is the reason we arent sitting with only one loss.   as to your fear of linssen and okoro in foul trouble, you think running would have increased the chance of them fouling out sooner?   i say the opposite.   when we slow the ball down, they become the focus of the offense and of course a lot of both of their fouls are battling for rebounds.   if we were running they likely would be at the halfline trailing everyone else that got out on the break.  

10 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Y'all are rediculous. Well done bills and Ford. Made some good decisions including putting Fred on Oduro that won us that game. Don't like our end of possession play calls but putting Yuri on the ball and letting him make decisions isn't the worst idea. Can't wait for Saturday

thatch did do a good job on odoro.   no doubt about that.   but odoro was exhausted by the ot's.   proof was he started missing free throws like crazy and i dont know if he missed one before then.   he was done. btw, i was tremendously impressed by him.  mason is a pretty good team.   just no depth it appears.  

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I could hear that guy the entire game on ESPN plus.

Every time the Billikens stopped Mason he would yell SLU fouled.

When SLU got fouled I heard him yell to call that foul on both teams.

Blue font, I guess he intimidated the refs by the way the game was called.

Wasn't me, though you probably could hear me yelling during GMU's free throws. 

Nobody was at the game, but Chris May and Fr. Mike Rozier were there, it was good to see Rozier. 

IMG_20220202_213502772.jpg

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

first it's old sure.   but imo it is the reason we arent sitting with only one loss.   as to your fear of linssen and okoro in foul trouble, you think running would have increased the chance of them fouling out sooner?   i say the opposite.   when we slow the ball down, they become the focus of the offense and of course a lot of both of their fouls are battling for rebounds.   if we were running they likely would be at the halfline trailing everyone else that got out on the break.  

Yuri has to anchor the perimeter offense, the perimeter defense, make all the critical decisions and do it at a much faster pace than he's already doing?  Man, you're a tough taskmaster.

i dont agree with yuri being the offensive anchor aka goto scorer i.e the man.   i think he should be directed to concentrate on being an incredible point guard and playing good defense on his man.   our goto scorer should have been developed between nesbit and jimmmerson imo.    instead they ALWAYS seem to take the back seat when a basket is needed.   it makes me crazy.  yes yuri has come through more often than not, but with his size, he also has had the ball put back in his face often as well and i think nesbit or jimmmerson if they know their role could have developed into that player if directed.  

willie likes this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

He will definitely be back. He’s the best scorer on the team. Even great scorers have bad nights. 
It’s great to get a win even when Jimerson has an off night.

2/19/21: Perkins vs. Dayton: 2-14 (1-7), 7 points in 33 minutes. It happens. Jimerson is a baller and he will scorch the flyers on Saturday. See you all there. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I am maybe the biggest Gibson fan on this board. The refs took him out of his rhythm. He basically sat for 35 minutes of real time. It's hard to recover from that so I think he has a more than valid excuse. But because of those factors, he was bad offensively last night. I did think his defense was really good and has been all season. For all the talk about his offensive game taking a huge boost (which is valid), his defensive improvement has been just as good. He'll never be a total defensive stopper but he's more than capable out there now.

Given a bunch of MBM's propensity to bash coach Ford, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.  I think it was a mistake to sit Jimerson for the rest of the 1st half after he picked up that 2nd foul.  I get pulling him for a little while, but as you pointed out sitting for 35 minutes of real time & then trying to find a rhythm again can be tough especially for a player with his skillset.  He's committed the fewest number of fouls per 40 minutes on the team (1.5).  His 2nd of the game was on that bogus charge call.  I trust him not to pickup the 3rd before halftime.  You could argue that he finished with 4 fouls & might have fouled out if he played more, but I'd argue if he didn't go cold the game never makes it to OT.

Dr Bird and slufan13 like this

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Given a bunch of MBM's propensity to bash coach Ford, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.  I think it was a mistake to sit Jimerson for the rest of the 1st half after he picked up that 2nd foul.  I get pulling him for a little while, but as you pointed out sitting for 35 minutes of real time & then trying to find a rhythm again can be tough especially for a player with his skillset.  He's committed the fewest number of fouls per 40 minutes on the team (1.5).  His 2nd of the game was on that bogus charge call.  I trust him not to pickup the 3rd before halftime.  You could argue that he finished with 4 fouls & might have fouled out if he played more, but I'd argue if he didn't go cold the game never makes it to OT.

The team played well without him. Ford would have probably brought GJ back in if GM took the lead. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 minute ago, NextYearBill said:

we were up 9pts with 3:38 left.... we blew it.... managing fouls and minutes was fine until it wasn't 

I can see the worry in some of the guys faces when the clock gets under 5 minutes.  All of sudden they can't make inbounds passes, they're running over guys instead of jump stopping, short arming jump shots.  It's all mental at this point.  

9 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

i dont dsagree with you.   but nearly every coach subscribes to 2 fouls in the first half, as long as you are ahead, he sits.   so i wont complain about that.   i dont agree with the practice, but basketball coaches have been doing is for at least 30 years.  

I thought it was a great team win by the Bills last night and since we won I'm not about to stew over things that happened and did not break our way. Relish in the win and now time to start game planning to beat Dayton...a team that has had our number. Hope all the St. Louis fans make it to that game. Our team deserves a packed Chaifetz Arena. I'll be watching here in the Sunshine State.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

What an idiot Ford must be. Honestly, we have MBM’s that know if we just pushed the pace more we’d only have 1 loss and most likely be in the top 25. Why can’t he figure it out? 

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

What an idiot Ford must be. Honestly, we have MBM’s that know if we just pushed the pace more we’d only have 1 loss and most likely be in the top 25. Why can’t he figure it out? 

🙂  agree

53 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

with the way the refs were, couldn't risk a 3rd in the first half.