GDT: @ George Mason.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont agree with yuri being the offensive anchor aka goto scorer i.e the man.   i think he should be directed to concentrate on being an incredible point guard and playing good defense on his man.   our goto scorer should have been developed between nesbit and jimmmerson imo.    instead they ALWAYS seem to take the back seat when a basket is needed.   it makes me crazy.  yes yuri has come through more often than not, but with his size, he also has had the ball put back in his face often as well and i think nesbit or jimmmerson if they know their role could have developed into that player if directed.  

For the most part, I agree with you, and I think we've drawn up a few plays for Jimmerson to score in the last minute (UAB or Belmont or both, can't remember). Last night though, the only person that should've had the last shot was Yuri. He was the only hot hand, and he won the game for us.

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I mean he was terrible last night outside of the first 10 minutes. He'll be perfectly fine but he was bad yesterday

Watched Kim English's presser. He wasn't very complimentary or concerned about GJ and wasn't shy about saying it. Thought that was interesting. Basically close out and get a hand up and an athlete can guard him and he isn't effective. Good bulletin board material if we see them again this season.

billiken_roy likes this

53 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

What an idiot Ford must be. Honestly, we have MBM’s that know if we just pushed the pace more we’d only have 1 loss and most likely be in the top 25. Why can’t he figure it out? 

Earlier in the season I had reminded us a few times that we would be undefeated had we not lost Perkins. recently it's become a thing that  we'd of only lost 1 if we hadn't lost him. My ? is which game would we of lost if we had our same team we had suiting up for the Rockhurst game?

1 minute ago, almaman said:

Earlier in the season I had reminded us a few times that we would be undefeated had we not lost Perkins. recently it's become a thing that  we'd of only lost 1 if we hadn't lost him. My ? is which game would we of lost if we had our same team we had suiting up for the Rockhurst game?

I partially agree. I’d counter that with a healthy Perk all year, neither GJim or Yuri make the gains they have this year. The loss of Perk forced them to be better. 

SLU_Lax, slufan13 and willie like this

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I partially agree. I’d counter that with a healthy Perk all year, neither GJim or Yuri make the gains they have this year. The loss of Perk forced them to be better. 

Always an interesting discussion, and I agree with you. Also, Perkins would have a significant number of touches and shots, and both Jimerson and Collins ppg would be significantly less than they are now.  We don't get 'more shots' with Perkins.  We get more or less the same.  So you have to do some subtraction as well as addition in this made up scenario. 

slufanskip likes this

20 minutes ago, shempie said:

Watched Kim English's presser. He wasn't very complimentary or concerned about GJ and wasn't shy about saying it. Thought that was interesting. Basically close out and get a hand up and an athlete can guard him and he isn't effective. Good bulletin board material if we see them again this season.

That interesting.

I guess he thinks it was his genius coaching that stopped him and not the phantom charge call and sitting for the last 10 minutes of the half.

I wonder why he didn’t use his awesome defensive strategy at the beginning of the game when Jimerson had 8 in about 8 minutes.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Always an interesting discussion, and I agree with you. Also, Perkins would have a significant number of touches and shots, and both Jimerson and Collins ppg would be significantly less than they are now.  We don't get 'more shots' with Perkins.  We get more or less the same.  So you have to do some subtraction as well as addition in this made up scenario. 

And as much of a Yuri fan I obviously am, I think his assists would be down a bit as Oerk would benefit from Yuri but he’s also better at creating his own than anyone else on the team

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

That interesting.

I guess he thinks it was his genius coaching that stopped him and not the phantom charge call and sitting for the last 10 minutes of the half.

I wonder why he didn’t use his awesome defensive strategy at the beginning of the game when Jimerson had 8 in about 8 minutes.

You misunderstood his point. He’s saying a couple of bills in the right pocket, and Jim is stopped. He wasn’t talking about defenders. In fact after GJim’s hot start, I saw English look to the ref as if it’s time. The ref kinda gave him a 5 finger sign, English shook his head no and put up 4 fingers, the ref nodded and called the bogus foul

BuiltFordBills likes this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont agree with yuri being the offensive anchor aka goto scorer i.e the man.   i think he should be directed to concentrate on being an incredible point guard and playing good defense on his man.   our goto scorer should have been developed between nesbit and jimmmerson imo.    instead they ALWAYS seem to take the back seat when a basket is needed.   it makes me crazy.  yes yuri has come through more often than not, but with his size, he also has had the ball put back in his face often as well and i think nesbit or jimmmerson if they know their role could have developed into that player if directed.  

I've seen Jimerson get the last shot at least twice this year and he missed it.  Get it to the open man.  Now last night, with 5 seconds ...... Collins did the right thing.  Go straight to the basket and hope for a foul or a layup.

almaman likes this

21 minutes ago, almaman said:

The reality of sports is that even the better team will lose to a lesser team if they play enough games. Being 21-0 would be amazing for ANY team. It's easy to assume that Perkins would automatically add 6-8 points to every one of our games, but it just doesn't work that way.

And we really weren't in the Memphis game at all, so I don't feel like that would have been a win even if he had been there.

29 minutes ago, shempie said:

showing his Tiger roots.  typical for anyone connected at any point in their life to spumac

23 minutes ago, almaman said:

we were blown out by memphis from the get go.

11 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

We were picked 3rd pre-season with Perkins. We are currently 3rd. Pretty amazing showing from the boys and Ford thus far - lot's of ball left, though.

And we still have two slots above us to climb. It will be interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Does anyone know if the team made it back to St. Louis last night before the storm (part2) hit?

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

No, they have not left. 

They are now in the air and due back at Lambert at 1:46pm 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VTE565/history/20220203/1700Z/KIAD/KSTL

cheeseman likes this