GDT: @ George Mason.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shempie said:

Watched Kim English's presser. He wasn't very complimentary or concerned about GJ and wasn't shy about saying it. Thought that was interesting. Basically close out and get a hand up and an athlete can guard him and he isn't effective. Good bulletin board material if we see them again this season.

Where did you watch?

6 minutes ago, shempie said:

Game 19: GMU (11-7 / 4-1) vs St. Louis (14-6 / 5-2) on Wednesday, February 2, at 7PM. | Page 10 | Masonhoops.com

I found it in the GDT on the Mason board. His comments on Jimmerson are the last 30 seconds or so. Hope this link works!

Thanks - I ended up finding it on twitter @gmugiantkiller

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

No, they have not left. 

31 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

They are now in the air and due back at Lambert at 1:46pm 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VTE565/history/20220203/1700Z/KIAD/KSTL

Thank you very much to both of you for the information. I have been spending a fair amount of time shoveling snow starting last night and have not been paying much attention to other things.

Thanks Brian.  I had to look this up.  Crawford hits a layup at the buzzer to win in double OT.  We and Mason seem to like playing more than 40 minutes.  Looking at that game stats, we played 6 guys, Crawford, Roby, Hines and Welmer all over 40 minutes, Johnson 36 min and Agbeko 34 min.  

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Thanks Brian.  I had to look this up.  Crawford hits a layup at the buzzer to win in double OT.  We and Mason seem to like playing more than 40 minutes.  Looking at that game stats, we played 6 guys, Crawford, Roby, Hines and Welmer all over 40 minutes, Johnson 36 min and Agbeko 34 min.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was Ford's first season. Amazing the caliber of player/athlete he's brought in since. Credit to those 6 guys that fought for that W and set the tone for Billiken team's going forward in 2017, but we have a whole different level of dude today. Roby is one of my all-time favorites, though. He had heart.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

@hmart23doing his best oldtakesexposed impression. Love to see it.

Just tired of seeing everyone be so negative when I go back through the game threads. No one on the team is perfect and sometimes you need to back your boys. Fred does the grimy sh*t alot of players don't want to do. I'll take that and his defense even if it means that we might have a couple turnovers. 

-a conference road win, that's great

-let's hope TJ's made 3 gets him going

-I'll give the refs credit on the last play for not completely sticking it to us, I would have hated to see the reaction of our bench and broadcasters if they tried to disallow that basket, hope we don't see them again, especially in the A10 Tourney 

-when our bigs were getting called for foul after foul in the first half I wanted to see Traore then to hopefully have Franco or Martin at the end, Martin fouled out in 11 minutes

-on his pregame interview CFord said we have a goal every game on the percent of the opponent's shots we challenge, the goal last night was to challenge 75%, I get hard nosed defense, I hope there is some coaching on time and place on this too but at least last night I don't recall us fouling a 3pt shooter

-one thing their coach said in his presser when asked if they settled for 3pt shots was "the game has changed, we value the 3 and we value the paint" which is a pretty good characterization of the modern game

-let's have fun on Saturday

2 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Did anyone else notice the 3/4 court laser pass that Yuri hit Okoro with under the basket? I'm pretty sure Okoro fumbled it and then missed the contested layup, but it was sweet. 

-yes, a great pass, Okoro got too deep and got it blocked as I recall

36 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Just tired of seeing everyone be so negative when I go back through the game threads. No one on the team is perfect and sometimes you need to back your boys. Fred does the grimy sh*t alot of players don't want to do. I'll take that and his defense even if it means that we might have a couple turnovers. 

Absolutely agree.

hmart23 likes this

16 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

You're right. And while I am pleased that Okoro can fight through a double team, when he is in a bad position to score from he needs to pass out of the double team. Someone is left uncovered.

On one of his plays I'm yelling at the TV pass it out. He powers it up and scores. My wife comely looks at me and says yes pass it out. 

slufanskip and billiken_roy like this

6 hours ago, NH said:

Last night was a tough game for Jimerson. Mason had their best defender shadowing him all night who clearly gave Gibson trouble. Then on defense Mason was clearly trying to go at Jimerson as much as possible. I’m sure he was exhausted and we saw that in the two missed open 3s in the second half that he usually drains.

Gibson taking Gaines made Yuri’s life a lot easier. It also opened up the paint especially on those high ball screen actions we run.

Tough game for Gibson but still helped us win the game. Those games are bound to happen from time to time 

Curious as to what you saw from Jimerson that contributed to winning that game.

He started 3/4 from the field and scored 8 points.  He had a good start to the game.

From the 10:01 mark in the first half to the completion of the 2nd overtime, he was 0/10 from the field and committed 2 turnovers.  He had 2 or 3 air balls that might as well be turnovers.  He did not record an assist.  This was the worst 20 minute stretch we’ve seen from a Billiken player in a long time.

I love Jimerson and think he’s been an incredibly reliable asset that I didn’t foresee.  To say his average defense was a net positive in winning this game is absurd.  I don’t think he’s earned “unsittable” treatment and would’ve loved to see more Williams or Hargrove.  He simply didn’t have it and he costed us last night. 

14 minutes ago, Fraz said:

He started 3/4 from the field and scored 8 points.  He had a good start to the game.

From the 10:01 mark in the first half to the completion of the 2nd overtime, he was 0/10 from the friend and committed 2 turnovers.  He had 2 or 3 air balls that might as well be turnovers.  He did not record an assist.  This was the worst 20 minute stretch we’ve seen from a Billiken player in a long time.

I love Jimerson and think he’s been an incredibly reliable asset that I didn’t foresee.  To say his average defense was a net positive in winning this game is absurd.  I don’t think he’s earned “unsittable” treatment and would’ve loved to see more Williams or Hargrove.  He simply didn’t have it and he costed us last night. 

They count the points from the first ten minutes too. While he didn’t score in the second half, he kept working and had to be accounted. It all contributes to the win. I disagree. He is unsittable 

54 minutes ago, willie said:

On one of his plays I'm yelling at the TV pass it out. He powers it up and scores. My wife comely looks at me and says yes pass it out. 

willie i didnt realize our wives were sisters.  😄

willie likes this

30 minutes ago, Fraz said:

From the 10:01 mark in the first half to the completion of the 2nd overtime, he was 0/10 from the field and committed 2 turnovers.  He had 2 or 3 air balls that might as well be turnovers.  He did not record an assist.  This was the worst 20 minute stretch we’ve seen from a Billiken player in a long time.

what if he didnt score the 8 points and no one else converted on those possessions?

38 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I saw George Mason’s best defender, Davonte Gaines, face guarding Jimerson in the corner. This allows for two things that help us win: 1) Davonte Gaines, who is a 6’7” defensive nightmare, cannot guard Yuri and 2) when Yuri turns the corner on the high ball screen Mason is not able to have a help defender in the gap because they can’t go into rotation or, depending on the play, because Gaines himself is too close to Jimerson to help.

RUBillsFan likes this

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

what if he didnt score the 8 points and no one else converted on those possessions?

Let’s say he doesn’t play a minute last night.  That means a combination of Billikens have 14 shots to contribute 8 points.  That will happen what 95% of the time?

His 3 airballs and 2 turnovers are 5 lost possessions.  Little to no chance of offensive rebound.  If the billiken combo taking 14 shots draws rim on at least 11 shots, they are more efficient.

NH makes the best point about the spacing, I will get on board with that.