Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

SLU has apparently reached out to Carlton Linguard from K-State.

Linguard was expected to take a step up at Kansas State but had his season derailed by a knee injury.  If you're going to gamble on a player for your 13th scholarship, this is the kind of low risk/medium upside gamble you make. 

Just by his ability to put up some resistance to Okoro in practice, he would automatically be an upgrade over Lorentsson.  We would still have three scholarships left to hit on a combo guard and a proven backup big.

P.S. We offered Linguard out of juco two years ago.

Pistol likes this

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Pistol said:

Couple more:

-Norchad Omier - 6-7, 232, F - Arkansas State - he's a freshman who put up 17.9 and 12.2, will have major attention.

-Desi Sills - 6-2, 195, G - Arkansas State - put up 12.6, 3.6, 2.8 per game as a junior.

Add KK Robinson to the list.  He announced he was entering the portal about an hour ago.  Played last season at Arkansas.

Pistol and BuiltFordBills like this

Did Turnbull give us serious consideration during his recruitment? I seem to recall it came down to us and Butler. If so, we would be a good home for him given our needs at the big spot. One would think he could be looking at 15 mpg. Not bad for a FR big. 

is turnbull a real thing or just a big wish by some of the billiken fandom?   i dont recall seeing anything official saying he wont go to butler. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

two separate illini friends of mine both said he's a team liability. I don't watch them, so I don't know if this is skill or locker room issue, but Im good if its either of those. 

Ah, so you are one of those mentioned above.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Add KK Robinson to the list.  He announced he was entering the portal about an hour ago.  Played last season at Arkansas.

Add a really interesting name to the mix, Zach Wrightsil from Loyola New Orleans.  He was the NAIA player of the year.  He is a 6'7 wing who averaged 18.7 points, shot 61.4%, 8.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.2 steals a game.  He is not a 3 point threat.  He would have one year of eligibility left.

Pistol likes this

49 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Did Turnbull give us serious consideration during his recruitment? I seem to recall it came down to us and Butler. If so, we would be a good home for him given our needs at the big spot. One would think he could be looking at 15 mpg. Not bad for a FR big. 

We were too late to the party on his recruitment. Maybe we'll get a second swing at him. He'd be a nice get right now if he indeed gets out of his LOI.

brianstl likes this

18 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Sorry for the question, but is it fair to assume Nesbitt will not come back to SLU? Anyone knows?

frank cusamano says he would not be welcome back, iirc he has until june 1 to withdraw from nba draft and come back to college. he is not in the portal as for as i know

Thank you. I think he should already have found out that his chances of being drafted into the NBA are nil. You say he has until June 1st to withdraw from the NBA draft and come back to college. Does this mean it is his right to come back if he withdraws before that date?

26 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Thank you. I think he should already have found out that his chances of being drafted into the NBA are nil. You say he has until June 1st to withdraw from the NBA draft and come back to college. Does this mean it is his right to come back if he withdraws before that date?

it means he can, i suppose the billikens dont have to take him, i think june 1 is also the last day to enter the portal and be eligible this fall

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

frank cusamano says he would not be welcome back, iirc he has until june 1 to withdraw from nba draft and come back to college. he is not in the portal as for as i know

I wonder what happened to make Frank think that way about Nesbitt not being welcome back?

I was hoping coach Ford would hold on to a scholarship for Nesbitt.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

I wonder what happened to make Frank think that way about Nesbitt not being welcome back?

I was hoping coach Ford would hold on to a scholarship for Nesbitt.

Nesbitt hasn’t figured out yet that there is no I in “Team.” Didn’t look to me like a good fit for the program.  If he’s allowed to come back and plays great, then fine. More likely, the Nesbitt ship has sailed and we search the portal for a replacement.

Schasz likes this

Does anybody know if Nesbitt is still in school?  He'd have to be in order to complete classes and maintain progress towards his degree.  This is the one key step to the transfer portal, maintaining NCAA dictated progress towards a degree.  He'd have to complete his spring semester commitments to move on untouched.  Although I'd guess he'd need a waiver because this would be his third school in technically one year.

If he was indeed going pro, all the college requirements would drop by the wayside.  Pros don't care.  That's why a lot of these guys don't graduate.  They stay eligible enough to make it to their senior season and once they are academically qualified to finish that out, all efforts go to basketball and school and a degree is an after thought.  

What is Nesbitt's situation?  Is he still in school?

11 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Nesbitt hasn’t figured out yet that there is no I in “Team.” Didn’t look to me like a good fit for the program.  If he’s allowed to come back and plays great, then fine. More likely, the Nesbitt ship has sailed and we search the portal for a replacement.

Im not arguing but why do you say that?

The team seemed to like him and offensively I thought he was to unselfish a lot of the time.