Jump to content

Transfer Watch - 2022


ACE
 Share

Recommended Posts

In this era of free agency, keeping an eye on players transferring out as well as those transferring in will kick into high gear as soon as the season ends.

 I will be interested to see what happens with Davion Bradford from KSU. I was pretty impressed with this kid the few times I saw him last year. He finished last year with 18 points against national champs Baylor. He had several other strong games against good competition. But this year, it looks like his minutes are down and perhaps he has regressed. Not sure why, but Bruce Weber is definitely on the hot seat. There was some mutual interest in high school. We're going to need a big with Martin moving on. An experienced local big who is 7-0, 265 and has had flashes of success against high major competition is intriguing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Bradford has been dealing with illness and injury this season. I would take him, he looked great last year. Don’t know what he has/had though, and it might be a problem.

That would make sense to explain the drop in production. I would think he would want to consider jumping off that sinking ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two reasons I don’t find this to be likely:

1) Bradford is still an important piece for K-State, who is actually much improved this year 

2) If he were to transfer, I’m guessing he’d want to go to one of the many schools that need a starting center next year. Unless something happens to Okoro, SLU won’t be one of those next season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, NH said:

Two reasons I don’t find this to be likely:

1) Bradford is still an important piece for K-State, who is actually much improved this year 

2) If he were to transfer, I’m guessing he’d want to go to one of the many schools that need a starting center next year. Unless something happens to Okoro, SLU won’t be one of those next season

He would have his junior and senior year as the starter. 

ACE likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He would have his junior and senior year as the starter. 

Yep, Martin is getting 16 mpg this year. Bradford could get those minutes and then be the clear starter for the two years after Franco moves on. He's only getting 14 mpg for a team that is worse than SLU and is likely to lose their coach after this season. Also, what big wouldn't want to catch a bunch of dimes from Yuri and get some easy slams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yep, Martin is getting 16 mpg this year. Bradford could get those minutes and then be the clear starter for the two years after Franco moves on. He's only getting 14 mpg for a team that is worse than SLU and is likely to lose their coach after this season. Also, what big wouldn't want to catch a bunch of dimes from Yuri and get some easy slams.

traore will get those minutes and be a star going forward

billiken_roy and bauman like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dennis_w said:

traore will get those minutes and be a star going forward

His offensive game is a few years away from that even being a possibility. We’re probably screwed if we don’t think we need a big who is better than him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NH said:

Two reasons I don’t find this to be likely:

1) Bradford is still an important piece for K-State, who is actually much improved this year 

2) If he were to transfer, I’m guessing he’d want to go to one of the many schools that need a starting center next year. Unless something happens to Okoro, SLU won’t be one of those next season

He doesn't stretch the floor like we need.  70% of his shots are at the rim.  He doesn't shoot the three.  He doesn't pass the ball (9 career assists).  He only has 20 career blocks.  We already have guys who do this. 

Pass.

CBFan likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, wgstl said:

His offensive game is a few years away from that even being a possibility. We’re probably screwed if we don’t think we need a big who is better than him. 

time will tell, but if we wait a few years he will be graduated. my prediction he will be a stud. time will prove me right or wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need a total of three bigs: all would get minutes; FO had an an injury history himself. We did not do well with Martin out even though Traore was surprisingly solid.

the bigs we have seem to play better all out with a max of 20 minutes- 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

He would have his junior and senior year as the starter. 

That assumes he wants to play five seasons. Next year will be his junior year. Most kids of Bradford’s stature aren’t interested in being bench players in the A-10 in their junior year. Whether or not we agree with that logic, or it’s the smart thing to do, that’s just the reality of how players in high level basketball tend to think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, NH said:

That assumes he wants to play five seasons. Next year will be his junior year. Most kids of Bradford’s stature aren’t interested in being bench players in the A-10 in their junior year. Whether or not we agree with that logic, or it’s the smart thing to do, that’s just the reality of how players in high level basketball tend to think.

I keep forgetting transfers no longer have to sit a year.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@wgstl--- do you have it oin solid kniowledge that transfers no longer have to sit?  @3star_recruithaven't we discussed this elsewhere and you said that the no sit out transfer was due to COVID and reverts back to a sit year next year?  Someone has got to be right.  I really don't know but there are a lot of D1 football players taking flight again this year.  I'm truly confused.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@wgstl--- do you have it oin solid kniowledge that transfers no longer have to sit?  @3star_recruithaven't we discussed this elsewhere and you said that the no sit out transfer was due to COVID and reverts back to a sit year next year?  Someone has got to be right.  I really don't know but there are a lot of D1 football players taking flight again this year.  I'm truly confused.  

The NCAA decided back in August to allow players to transfer without sitting as long as it's their first transfer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/ncaa-council-approves-rule-allowing-players-to-play-immediately-after-transferring-204913546.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And thank you for the clarification.  Bradford coudl choose to come home and finish in front of family ... if that's a draw.  I'm more concerned about rumbl;ings on our team as to who is leaving (other than Linssen) and who is stating as well as coming back (Perkins).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw that local player Joe Reece who is now at Bowling Green is transferring. He's 6-9 and his stats this year are very similar to what Linnsen put up at Wilmington before he transferred here. It would seem to make sense as a potential Linnsen replacement if there is mutual interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I just saw that local player Joe Reece who is now at Bowling Green is transferring. He's 6-9 and his stats this year are very similar to what Linnsen put up at Wilmington before he transferred here. It would seem to make sense as a potential Linnsen replacement if there is mutual interest.

Well maybe not - it appears he was "dismissed." Probably a better fit for Mizzou.

 

Bowling Green men’s basketball head coach Michael Huger has announced that senior guard Myron Gordon and junior forward Joe Reece have been dismissed from the team for failure to meet program standards.

 

“I want to wish Myron and Joe the very best in their future endeavors,” Huger said. “They have made contributions to our program. At the same time, there are standards of behavior within the framework of our team that we expect to be met by all of our student-athletes. Failure to do so on a consistent basis has resulted in the loss of the privilege of being members of this team.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...