38 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Not sure of this, but fairly certain he subscribes to Grandy Glaze's OnlyFans page

I used to judge Grandy based on his post-SLU activity, but seeing it spelled out like this with his name, his future had already been written. I hope he is doing the glazing vs. being glazed, at least I think that is what I would hope for him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Who was your SLU history prof?  No wait a minute.  You better not tell us.

Did you leave off the blue font?

50 minutes ago, rhagolf said:

Time to consider Floyd Irons if everybody else rejects their offers. All V grads would flock to Chaifetz. (That's if they really graduate).

I know you were thinking you were being funny but it was poor attempt.

A fSchertz seems to be a done deal. He hasn’t been to a program he can really recruit top level talent. Ford started off recruiting hot off the bat. If it wasn’t for the incident and covid I think he could out recruit over his coaching short falls, and we would have a competitive SLU team here today. 

Schertz seems to have the coaching down. There’s no reason SLU can’t have a similar program to Marquette. We have an identical program, city and school 

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Is it sad that both 05 and I checked to see if there was a Tony Murkens on Facebook?  

I think it’s sad more people didn’t check. 
I’m upset with myself for not checking.

1 hour ago, rhagolf said:

. (That's if they really graduate).

speaking of what's happened with graduation rates? that used 2b big stat when talking about MCBB.  never hear of it anymore. true colors shining thru in NIL era show me da $$$$$

11 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Who wins more games this past season

Schertz with SLU's roster

or

Ford with ISU's roster

I was going to let this slide by as I thought why beat on Ford anymore. And then I thought it might be a good idea to show the upside of Schertz. 

So the simply answer is Schertz wins more games...but you knew that already.  But as I know, the computer never gives simple answers. And it is the additional info that is interesting.  

First interesting fact was the computer thought that at the beginning of the season the BIlls  had the better team ...not because we were great but that ISU was just a so so team.

Point 1...Schertz takes a so so team and moves them to NET 29 

Point 2...In the 1st game  of the season , I have SLU play ISU...Bills over ISU by 3 on a neutral court.

Point 3...I have SLU play ISU today....ISU over The Bills by 11 on a neutral court.

I could stop here but let's keep going...

Point 4...Coaches now switch teams...a lot of ifs here  but in the end the Coach is responsible for whatever happens...even things beyond his control.

Point 5...ISU starts off promisingly with CTF but the season starts to fade due to a variety of reasons...some explainable ...some not. (not the least of which we are living in an alternate universe) ...ISU finishes 10th in MVC ahead of Valpo and UIC...no post season but Ford says he has a plan.

Point 6 ... The Bills have a lot of promise and start the season well but have some things go wrong ...players missing... injuries...but continue to hang on and win some close games that don't seem winnable.(in another universe they are not winnable) KenPom adds an extra margin to the Bills spread calling it the "luck " factor. Bills finish the season in 1st place AND go on to win the A10 tourney too and get the auto bid...the NCAA  still gives an at large bid to Dayton (because they can)...Bills receive a 7th seed in the bracket.

Point 7...Back to the original question...who has more wins...Schertz...

Bottom line... The preceding was a series of simulations. You may agree with all of it ...some of it... or none of it but in the final analysis the computer says ....we are getting a better Coach.

stmdragons and TheA_Bomb like this

Wiz, computers work processing data which is actually defined by prior events and actions. People do not, people have a conscious part, which is what determine actual events,  and a vast subconscious part which determines how to define what is passed down and creates the conscious level. We, people living in a conscious world, have little knowledge of what is going on in the subconscious. However the subconscious is the determinant part of our perceptions and knowledge. What we consider reality, is only real up to a point.

Read "Incognito" by David Eagleman. He is a neuroscientist at Baylor and leads the Laboratory for Perception and Action as well as the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law.  Very interesting, this short book really raises questions about how people make up their minds about everything. This is NOT the concept that people act to improve their lives, what determines how people believe and act like is done in a very different and hard to understand subconscious manner. Cheap read, $15 in paperback, Vantage Press, very worthwhile read. 

David King likes this

51 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Read "Incognito" by David Eagleman. He is a neuroscientist at Baylor and leads the Laboratory for Perception and Action as well as the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law.  Very interesting, this short book really raises questions about how people make up their minds about everything. This is NOT the concept that people act to improve their lives, what determines how people believe and act like is done in a very different and hard to understand subconscious manner. Cheap read, $15 in paperback, Vantage Press, very worthwhile read. 

I'll have to check that one out. I read "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell, while interesting there were no conclusions about how to use the knowledge to make better decisions. So it was fairly unfulfilling.

Also I used to think old guy was a put on but I heard people have met him and he's real.

59 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Wiz, computers work processing data which is actually defined by prior events and actions. People do not, people have a conscious part, which is what determine actual events,  and a vast subconscious part which determines how to define what is passed down and creates the conscious level. We, people living in a conscious world, have little knowledge of what is going on in the subconscious. However the subconscious is the determinant part of our perceptions and knowledge. What we consider reality, is only real up to a point.

I think Wiz and Old Guy are both von Neumann disciples who have spent time with the RAND Corp. Billiken Game Theory should be taught at all levels of academia. 

willie likes this

19 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'll have to check that one out. I read "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell, while interesting there were no conclusions about how to use the knowledge to make better decisions. So it was fairly unfulfilling.

Also I used to think old guy was a put on but I heard people have met him and he's real.

Incognito is great. So is his book Sum. I’d also encourage everyone to listen to Eagleman‘s segment on the podcast Radiolab. Very fascinating stuff. 

@Old guy let’s get together and discuss some Eagleman over some uninspiring cups of coffee and a few chicken fried steaks at Cracker Barrel. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

23 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I really really want to know just how old he is at this point. I'm sure he's very nice in person. I know many folks who are near intolerable online, but are lovely in person.