2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This reply by WestPineBills made me LOL. 

I'm imagining Mr. Murkens at Pappy's.  Of course he's clad in his polo shirt with too many buttons undone and no undershirt, gold necklace resting across the top of white tufts of chest hair that no one wants to see, and his signature St Louis Cardinals cowboy hat sits askance on his head.  He strolls up to the counter with the self-assuredness that only a Boomer can have. 

"I'll take a full slab of ribs, bean, and slaw" Tony boasts. 

"Sure.  Anything else?" inquires an unknowing Pappy's employee.

"What's the latest on the Billiken's coaching search?"

"..."

"..."

"Uh...I...I don't know what you're talking about.  Your total is $31.09."

"Did Fred Pestello put you up this this?  You know Yuri Collings should've gone to Texas.  No heart."

"..."

Both parties glance down to see Frank Cusamano stroll over.

"Tony!  How you doing!  Let's talk about Blake Ahern!"

-scene-

All time great post

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Idk man @RUBillsFan started off as another Basketballcountry banger and then trailed off into laziness after Mr Murkens paid. 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Only real flaw I see in the story is that the Pappy's workers don't know his order already

I'll workshop it a bit.  I wish I could spend all day writing Tony Murkens & Frank Cusamano fan fiction, but I need to be a little bit productive at work.  🤣

I wasn't envisioning that Murken's has actually paid yet & the Pappy's employee is still just has a blank look on her face starting at Tony & Frank.

However, I was especially proud of the part where they look down to see Cusamano.  My uncle (I think) played ball against Cusamano in high school and 30+ years later my grandma would refer to him as "little Frankie Cusamano" which cracked me up.  I'm not even sure if Frank is short in real life, but I've got it in my head that he's like Tom Cruise height & camera tricks make him look normal sized.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Hearing the Japanese will bomb Pearl Harbor. 

Correction: The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Lord Elrond likes this

Nope, what the Germans did,  followed immediately by the Italians, was to declare war on the US right after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. If you want an egregious example of crass stupidity, there it is. Hitler and Mussolini "Stupidus Maximus."

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Nope, what the Germans did,  followed immediately by the Italians, was to declare war on the US right after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. If you want an egregious example of crass stupidity, there it is. Hitler and Mussolini "Stupidus Maximus."

John Belushi clearly said: “Was it over when the German’s bombed Pearl Harbor?”

I rest my case!

White Pelican likes this

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He doesn't have a facebook. One would expect a person of his, uhhh demographic to have one. 

Good point. Although he is probably afraid China or Russia will be able to find him if he has facebook