Latest Ford Rumor

29 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

I’d rather SLU take a little bit of time and get it right than rush.

If we strike out on Schertz, mccollum, Mack and Porter, then its time to slow down and make sure we get it right.  

Dr Bird and cgeldmacher like this

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Yeah each of those dates was too late in that era. I can't even imagine waiting until the end of the month in the current era. History says we should be worried but I'm hoping we get this one right. 

SLU hasnt gotten much right since Ed McCauley graduated.  

Soderball likes this

41 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If we strike out on Schertz, mccollum, Mack and Porter, then its time to slow down and make sure we get it right.  

and DeVries. I know we have our top targets but i would say DeVries is someone to consider going after.

cgeldmacher likes this

Just now, Soderball said:

and DeVries. I know we have our top targets but i would say DeVries is someone to consider going after.

I knew I left someone

The funny thing is the wording of his comments to Stu basically read as if he’s confirming that Travis will be fired in short order (following the tournament).  So why not just get it over with instead of this stupid lip service where everyone can read the tea leaves?

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I’m honestly surprised May did an interview.  His non answer basically says Ford is done.  It will probably be worded similarly to Payne’s exit at Louisville about a “mutual agreement.”  Translation = he’s fired and we paid a buyout.

TheChosenOne likes this

The most SLU thing ever would be a Cinderella run to the conference tourney finals - in which we lose in triple overtime in heart-breaking fashion. We don't get the Tourney bid, but "the little engine that could" narrative wins over just enough boosters to save his job for one more year. 😄

slufan13 likes this

Does Chris May see how easy it is to just say something generic and put everything to rest? Why does this take him so long every time. Now we wait a day or two and move on. And he basically said he's fired. 

Bizziken likes this

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

The most SLU thing ever would be a Cinderella run to the conference tourney finals - in which we lose in triple overtime in heart-breaking fashion. We don't get the Tourney bid, but "the little engine that could" narrative wins over just enough boosters to save his job for one more year. 😄

It’s not over yet. 

I don't think Ford has lost the locker room.  I would say let the kids finish out the season with the coach.  Once season is over, make the change.  Another 2-3 days is not going to change anything as far as setting up committee/consultants to go through candidates for the next coach.  Everyone but Mack & Holtman out there are still coaching anyway.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This quote is May telling everyone it’s going to happen. “The coaching change”

Exactly. I’d be interested in hearing the actual audio from May’s quote, as I’ve generally assumed his silence on men’s basketball is related to him being bitter over boosters forcing out what he viewed as his prized hire, so I read that quote as him being angry about having to talk about it.

slufan13 likes this