Dalger Leaving the Program

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalger struck me as a guy on the brink of senioritis.  He seemed quite a black hole on offense ---- once the pass went to Tim, it was never (rarely) coming back.  He was that way against VCU but so too was Sincere.  Sincere at least could score.  He's our sole creator on offense but it is a creation for mostly himself.  Hopefully, this gives more developmental time to Thames, Zhang and van Bussel.  Maybe go big at times with Ezewiro and Zhang and then use van Bussel for relief.  If nothing else, it will show us if van Bussel can stay or should depart.

thunderdan likes this

23 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Just not true. Tim was booted from the program after constant head butting.

He was one of the most selfish players ever to be a Billiken.   He had moments he was very good, but more times than night he'd dribble into trouble then throw up a shot that had absolutely no chance.  

I won't miss him  hope the family "personal problems" work out.  I don't wish family concerns on anyone.

billikenbill, DOC and slu92 like this

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

He was actually a huge William Hurt fan.

I always confuse The Big Chill (great soundtrack) and Grand Canyon. 2 great movies, both with STL’s own Kevin Kline. 

Wish nothing but the best for Tim’s future endeavors. Also looking forward to this program starting a new chapter this spring (fingers crossed). 

Can't believe the billikens.com MBM community is missing an opportunity to make reference to the all-time Billiken Great, Obi Ikeakor.

Once upon a time this message board would have been calling for Paystubs and to finally bring about the Obi Ikeakor Memorial Concession Stand.

Good luck to Tim.  He averaged 2 ppg as a sophomore in high school, improved enough by his senior year to go to a decent juco, developed into an all-conference player and then put up decent numbers at the mid-major level.  His motor can never be questioned.  Hope it works out wherever he ends up.

CenHudDude likes this

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm just going to go ahead and requote this because it appears as though it's being overlooked. 

I don’t think it’s being overlooked. What else is there to say at this point? We’re all numb and this program is approaching dumpster fire status. Hoping like hell we hit the restart button this spring (barring some massive disaster, Ford isn’t getting canned before the end of the season). I also still wish the best for Tim even though he is incapable of passing the basketball. 

2010andBeyond likes this

This past off-season looks worse and worse the further into the season we get. Took on multiple guys with eligibility concerns, a guy who eventually gets kicked off the team, 2 de-committed players, and were also allegedly strung along by the Memphis big man. 

Doesn’t really seem like a great sign of where the program is at. 

stmdragons likes this

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I don’t think it’s being overlooked. What else is there to say at this point? We’re all numb and this program is approaching dumpster fire status. Hoping like hell we hit the restart button this spring (barring some massive disaster, Ford isn’t getting canned before the end of the season). I also still wish the best for Tim even though he is incapable of passing the basketball. 

Of course. But there is at least one person here that continues to peddle the official SLU line. Now that would be totally fine if they weren’t just constantly full of sh*t. I’m not leaving anything to chance. 

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Dalger struck me as a guy on the brink of senioritis.  He seemed quite a black hole on offense ---- once the pass went to Tim, it was never (rarely) coming back.  He was that way against VCU but so too was Sincere.  Sincere at least could score.  He's our sole creator on offense but it is a creation for mostly himself.  Hopefully, this gives more developmental time to Thames, Zhang and van Bussel.  Maybe go big at times with Ezewiro and Zhang and then use van Bussel for relief.  If nothing else, it will show us if van Bussel can stay or should depart.

I don’t know why CTF doesn’t play that entire bench. This team looked pretty good in the first 4 games, pressing full court, and making plays in transition. You need bodies to play that style, so use the bodies on your bench. There’s no reason Curcic is getting zero minutes.

And I love the idea of playing 2 of the bigs together. SVB isn’t good (yet), but he’s big, athletic, and strong.

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

I don’t know why CTF doesn’t play that entire bench. This team looked pretty good in the first 4 games, pressing full court, and making plays in transition. You need bodies to play that style, so use the bodies on your bench. There’s no reason Curcic is getting zero minutes.

And I love the idea of playing 2 of the bigs together. SVB isn’t good (yet), but he’s big, athletic, and strong.

Looked pretty good against Illinois State & Southern Indiana? I want some of what you're smoking. You can't play transition with Mike Meadows and Cian Medley at the PG slot.

SVB is Gillman & Jolly-level bad. He's gone next year. Curcic CAN'T PLAY. That's why he's not getting minutes. How stupid do you think Ford is? He's been coaching for 27 years. He recruited and coached Marcus Smart and Jordan Goodwin. He knows what's on this roster. He knows that he failed this year.

21 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

SLU did not press early in the season. They played bad teams. 

cgeldmacher likes this

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

At this point you have to give Ford an extension. Just too many things going against him. 

Agreed.  Team was starting to really click, then Tim derails the whole thing.  Sometimes you just gotta wonder, man how unlucky is Ford. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

At this point you have to give Ford an extension. Just too many things going against him. 

And the lnjuries, don’t forget the injuries. Coach deserves an extension.