GDT: SLU v. Utah St.

SluSignGuy

53 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

NIL isn’t the problem. Recruiting fell off long before NIL came into effect. It’s the guy in charge, period. 

No argument here, I said Ford needed to be let go at the end of the '21-'22 season and nothing that has transpired since then has made me doubt that notion for even a moment.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive, Jimerson played his a$$ off.  Man was getting mauled all game with zero help from the zebras.  He has really evolved his game, seeing him fill it up at the rim, and efficiently at that, was really impressive.  On the other hand, I’d love to see what he would’ve been capable of as a 3rd or 4th scoring option on a top 25 team.  Glad he’s a Billiken though, and hope he’s collecting a much deserved NIL bag as a result. 

Credit to the team for making a game of it. Mass crowd exodus at the 4 minute mark. These fans almost missed a miracle comeback.

I feel so bad for TJ. He’s doing the best he can, guarding the opposing team’s center, but he’s just too small. Dude has incredible heart, though. 

Larry has the prettiest jumper on the team…he just doesn’t make them very often.

7 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Credit to the team for making a game of it. Mass crowd exodus at the 4 minute mark. These fans almost missed a miracle comeback.

I feel so bad for TJ. He’s doing the best he can, guarding the opposing team’s center, but he’s just too small. Dude has incredible heart, though. 

Larry has the prettiest jumper on the team…he just doesn’t make them very often.

I saw the same thing from LJ in high school.  Struggles from three for long periods then gets hot for 4 or 5 games then goes cold again.  You'll see him get hot when you least expect it.

9 hours ago, 757billiken said:

He stayed in bounds. Tough loss at the end. Surely got destroyed most of the game. They took their bigs out and the Billikens outplayed them the last few minutes. 

We should always have Bruce or Stef in or both. 

By about an inch. Took max effort to make the catch and stay in bounds. That was a big, strong team that has a good shot to make the tourney. We were just too small to consistently stop them but I thought the Bills played well and much better than Saturday.

Loved all the mixing up of the zones used to try to slow down their bigs. This won’t be popular, but props to Travis and the coaching staff for making those adjustments.

Might have been Jimerson’s best game as a Billiken. He was making grown man drives to the hoop, knocking down shots, and making the right pass at the right time.

Meadows played well, TJ gave it everything he had and Bruce is improving. Did anyone notice late in the game Van Bussell and Dalger getting into it with each other? What was that about?

Bottom line, the Bills are working hard to get better and with Parker this would be a dangerous team.

Gremio14, BJK, CenHudDude and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

By about an inch. Took max effort to make the catch and stay in bounds. That was a big, strong team that has a good shot make the tourney. We were just too small to consistently stop them but I thought the Bills played well and much better than Saturday.

Loved all the mixing up of the zones used to try to slow down their bigs. This won’t be popular, but props to Travis and the coaching staff for making those adjustments.

Might have been Jimerson’s best game as a Billiken. He was making grown man drives to the hoop, knocking down shots, and making the right pass at the right time.

Meadows played well, TJ gave it everything he had and Bruce is improving. Did anyone notice late in the game Van Bussell and Dalger getting into it with each other? What was that about?

Bottom line, the Bills are working hard to get better and with Parker this would be a dangerous team.

With Parker, the Bills win this game.

billikenbill and Gremio14 like this

van bussell in his excited state, slammed the ball down after the shot and time out and i believe dalger was telling him we do not need a technical.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

More Bruce, more Thames, more Bussel, more Courcic. Less Dagler, a little less LH, more Mesdows, a little less Medley. 
Spinkles takes 11 new guys and has them in synch in 2 months. Amazing. 

Great Osobor is amazing.  You have to double him and it leaves people open.  Heaven forbid he goes down or that team suddenly becomes us.

Just now, slu72 said:

The other big, Johnson, isn’t to shabby either. 

Dude can shoot the rock. Their inside the arc shooting was amazing, just couldn’t miss. Wonder why he got so few mins. in the 2nd half?

4 hours ago, David King said:

With Parker, the Bills win this game.

I agree.  As bad as things were in the first half and for a portion of the second half, this team played with heart and never gave up.  As someone else said, the Freshmen played like Freshmen, but they got some valuable minutes (maybe not enough).  It was nice to see Meadows get some points to help GibJim.  If LHJ begins to find his shot, we get Parker back, and Thames progresses, we may begin to win some games.

our offensive rebounding is awful.  We attempt a shot  from further than 10 feet and no one goes near the basket to retrieve a rebound.  We don't give up fast-break points, but teams don't care because they can score inside on us in the half court at will.  Ford was quoted as saying we need to play more like Jordan Goodwin but he needs to coach us properly so that we can rebound despite our size.  I would also like to see Bruce get the ball passed to him in the low post. Of course he needs to be positioned there and not at the free throw line.

SLUMedBilliken15 and JMM28 like this

People saying we win that with Parker are delusional.  Our trouble was not on offense, it was that they could get a wide open shot literally whenever they wanted.   We had to double the post almost every possession, and they did a phenomenal job of kicking out to open shooters.  And if we didn’t double, their bigs feasted.  Parker doesn’t change any of that.  

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

People saying we win that with Parker are delusional.  Our trouble was not on offense, it was that they could get a wide open shot literally whenever they wanted.   We had to double the post almost every possession, and they did a phenomenal job of kicking out to open shooters.  And if we didn’t double, their bigs feasted.  Parker doesn’t change any of that.  

Parker is also our best rebounder.  No Billiken got more than 4 rebounds last night.

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Don’t agree on Parker. With him, you play less of Hughes and Dalger who, between the two of them, contributed very little. 

As far as USU’s ball movement, their passing was phenomenal. They knew exactly where the open man was supposed to be and that man was there and ready to fire.

CenHudDude likes this

Ya'll realize USU has a coach in his first year with 11 new players.  Our coach is in his 8th year. We have no proven front court. A 6'3 guard wasn't going to change the front court issue. 

"They don't ask how.  They ask how many. " - Shoresy