Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, brianstl said:

I think it was between only SLU and Memphis for Dandridge.  It looks like Memphis is his choice.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bigdawgmalco23/3125907812945411320/?hl=en

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2023/06/19/memphis-basketball-loses-chandler-lawson-to-transfer-portal/70335516007/?utm_source=fieldof68.beehiiv.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=draft-legacy

According to yesterday's Memphis Commercial Appeal article, Dandridge remains uncommitted.  Memphis' roster situation is certainly far from settled.  They have 10 on scholarship (maybe) including one who has been arrested already.

brianstl likes this

With nothing seeming to happen in the portal and the Ford haters having quieted down, this has been the most boring off-season ever on billikens.com. 

22 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

With nothing seeming to happen in the portal and the Ford haters having quieted down, this has been the most boring off-season ever on billikens.com. 

Yeah, the past month has been rather quiet. Normally that is a good thing, but with our roster I think we were all hoping for some exciting news this month. Things have been rather quiet on the transfer and 2024 recruiting front (recruiting in general seems to be lacking any sort of momentum the past few years). Ultimately the next nine months feel like make or break for Ford here with last season not going as planned. The ideal situation would be this group coming together and having a big season in a down league and getting folks back on board with Ford. The alternative is not as enjoyable and some of us already hate winter as it is.

brianstl, CenHudDude and gabriel like this

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Don’t forget the Ford can do no wrong crowd. They have quieted down quite a bit as well.  

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Apathy 

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It exists to the same extent as the “Ford Haters.” 

I respectfully disagree.  Maybe you could call them the "I really like Ford as a person but want him to lose his livelihood and be run out of town as soon as possible" crowd.  I defy you to name anyone who is happy with Ford's performance.  The "I don't want him tarred, feathered and killed"crowd just wants to know the replacement before the murder and has a pretty short leash ongoing........

AGB91 and majerus mojo like this

16 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I respectfully disagree.  Maybe you could call them the "I really like Ford as a person but want him to lose his livelihood and be run out of town as soon as possible" crowd.  I defy you to name anyone who is happy with Ford's performance.  The "I don't want him tarred, feathered and killed"crowd just wants to know the replacement before the murder and has a pretty short leash ongoing........

Yeah we are going to disagree on this one. I’ll just leave it at that as to not hijack the thread.

Now let’s get some commitments.

Bizziken likes this

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah we are going to disagree on this one. I’ll just leave it at that as to not hijack the thread.

Now let’s get some commitments.

Fair enough.......(but I can name haters and you cannot name anyone who believes Ford can do no wrong.)

DOC likes this

13 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Fair enough.......(but I can name haters and you cannot name anyone who believes Ford can do no wrong.)

BBF.  there’s one. There’s also another who posts around the same time as BBF just can’t think of a name 

dlarry likes this

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

BBF.  there’s one. There’s also another who posts around the same time as BBF just can’t think of a name 

So you basically agree by saying there is in fact only one person. There’s lots of haters. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

SLU's SID should remove this article from the front page of the SLU men's basketball page:

https://slubillikens.com/news/2023/4/15/mens-basketball-c-j-noland-transfers-to-billikens.aspx

Hopefully we'll soon have some new transfers and they'll remove the CJ article.

I just sent an email to Brian Kunderman at SLU to suggest removal of the article.

SLU_Lax and gobillsgo like this