Jordan Nesbitt enters the NBA draft

wgstl

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

did minutes just "open up"?   or have they already been promised to parker, or kramer or perkins, etc.   all i know is that right now i think ford needs perkins like crazy and he needs parker to be a star.   some of you are downplaying nesbit's move, i am not.   this is not good for the billikens imo.  

I agree it isn't good news. I think we were a player short of dancing this year. By that I mean that we needed 4 players playing at a B grade or better. I would give Yuri an A+, Gibson a B+, and Okoro a B- as he closed out the season. I think Nesbitt was a C. Trade Nesbitt for Perkins and we are dancing. If Parker is a C+ or better, we will have a good team.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you (anyone) know what anyone else is thinking? all a person knows is how he/she thinks. I think we are projecting our thoughts into Nesbitt. Ultimately he will do what he will do.

I think we should start looking for a replacement, I do not think Nesbitt is the kind of guy that think things over and over again, I think he is more of the action type. Again, these are my thoughts projected onto him, not necessarily his.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

How can you (anyone) know what anyone else is thinking? all a person knows is how he/she thinks. I think we are projecting our thoughts into Nesbitt. Ultimately he will do what he will do.

I think we should start looking for a replacement, I do not think Nesbitt is the kind of guy that think things over and over again, I think he is more of the action type. Again, these are my thoughts projected onto him, not necessarily his.

Guy you just told us that no one knows what he is thinking then you tell us what he is thinking. 😀

44 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Holy $h$t! We can project our thoughts into the players!!!! Mind blown. :)

On Nesbitt, I hope he goes in the first round. I hope he has a crazy camp, starts a bidding war, and boom, lottery pick. But more realistically, I hope he continues to learn, grow, and become a more level headed individual from this experience. He has a bright future as long as he learns to control and harness his emotions.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I know what he is thinking

p-diddy-money.gif

is a lot more fun than 

200.gif

CBFan likes this

9 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Another point that hasn't been mentioned: losing Nesbitt further exasperates the need for another guard with ball-handling abilities. I could trust Jordan to bring the ball up when Yuri was being pressured hard. Now, I don't think there's anybody on the team that could handle that role. Maybe Thatch, but I wouldn't want to heavily rely on him for it.

Exacerbates

15 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

I WISH I was a hockey fan for this reason. Didn't grow up watching it. Grew up a die hard fan the tigers because Charlie Gehringer was my great uncle if anyone on here is old enough to know who that is lol and rooting for the Lions by proximity. Though I care about the NFL a lot less. 

charlie being your uncle is awesome.    i am a big baseball fan and love old baseball stories and history.  being related to a hall of famer has to be awesome.   have you been to cooperstown to see his plaque?

9 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Jordan Nesbitt joins Carte’Are Gordon as the 2nd 4 Star recruit, whose term at SLU was too short lived. This needs to change.

Sure it needs to change.  But how has Gordan panned out other places?  Don’t think you can blame him on Ford.  I wish Nesbitt well.  But you can tell he didn’t buy in and wanted to play his own way.  You can’t do that.  Also his second school in little over a year.  We’ll see how this pans out for Jordan.  Hopefully well but I don’t see that happening.

9 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Jordan Nesbitt joins Carte’Are Gordon as the 2nd 4 Star recruit, whose term at SLU was too short lived. This needs to change.

Gordon was no one elses fault but himself, he's just not all there between the ears. I went to school with him for a year, long story short I was packing up my books and he walked in because coach wanted to talk with him. The coach asked him, What happen on this chemistry test? You got a D! He responded " a D... Coach I thought a D was good"

Any way, the stories of what happen in practice when he was on the team at SLU werent the most flattering, which eventually led to him getting voted off. Such a waste of talent but he was a toxic head case unfortunately. 

I'm just curious who's in these kids ear telling them this is the right move. Not saying declaring is a bad move, but in my eyes it's not the smartest decission for Nessbit in the long run. 

This is what "getting paid in Europe" can look like.  Javon Bess is the leading scorer for the 5th place team in Iceland League.  I'm not downplaying a young man making a living playing ball but its not all the NBA lifestyle.  Good luck to Mr. Nesbitt.

Javon Bess.jpg

11 minutes ago, SLU-Geo said:

This is what "getting paid in Europe" can look like.  Javon Bess is the leading scorer for the 5th place team in Iceland League.  I'm not downplaying a young man making a living playing ball but its not all the NBA lifestyle.  Good luck to Mr. Nesbitt.

Javon Bess.jpg

Bess is #3 in the league in PPG. Hopefully that's good enough to get signed by a continental team.