Jordan Nesbitt enters the NBA draft

wgstl

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2022 at 6:51 PM, thetorch said:

Unpopular Opinion - Jon Smith was a better dunker than Willie.

More Unpopular Opinion - Ian was more fun to watch than Willie.

Most Unpopular Opinion - Cory was a more exciting shot blocker than Willie.

Posters look at Willie's post SLU playing career and think he was that player at SLU.  He wasn't.  He was a pogo stick.  That's it.  He caught lobs and got some weakside blocks.  His post moves were non existent, not a great defender, no shooting outside of 2 feet, couldn't pass and was a subpar rebounder.  Hats off to him, post SLU he got 5 times better as a player, gained about 40 lbs, became a good rebounder, PnR rim runnner.  He was never that player at SLU.

Most Entertaining/Charismatic/Good players of the post Larry era

1. Jett

2. J Good

3. Mitchell

4. Lisch

5. Has

This is kind of a harsh take on Willie but Mitchell was THE guy for that squad. And Ian was probably a better player overall.

I’d actually put Mitchell and Lisch at the top of this list as exciting to watch even if not the top in overall play. Both could take over games in ways I’d argue JGood didn’t.  I’d also put Conklin on there somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I think Yuri is super entertaining. Dunks have a wow factor, but Yuri is a magician. A lot of players can dunk with flair, but very few can thread the ball like Yuri. 

Yuri threading the needle to Hargrove against St. Bonaventure is one of the best passes I've ever seen, including the pros.

27 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri threading the needle to Hargrove against St. Bonaventure is one of the best passes I've ever seen, including the pros.

I think it was the pass to linssen against auburn

12 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I don’t even remember the game or who it was to but for me it was the one where on the break he put English on the pass so he could get the angle needed to hit his breaking team mate. There was a defender in the way so he passed it out front and spun it so it spun across rather than past his target. It was done with 1 hand at game speed. 

Fir me if we are just talking the excitement and fun plays we see watching a game, it’s easily Yuri including Larry

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don’t even remember the game or who it was to but for me it was the one where on the break he put English on the pass so he could get the angle needed to hit his breaking team mate. There was a defender in the way so he passed it out front and spun it so it spun across rather than past his target. It was done with 1 hand at game speed. 

Fir me if we are just talking the excitement and fun plays we see watching a game, it’s easily Yuri including Larry

We're talking about the same pass.  To have the mind to even conceive of that pass in real time.  Jeezus.

slufanskip likes this

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We're talking about the same pass.  To have the mind to even conceive of that pass in real time.  Jeezus.

Right. Every other player and I mean every other player either pulls up or takes the ball to the rim themselves. I wish I could find video of that pass. 

10 minutes ago, Slowry said:

I wonder if he got a reality check on where he thinks he is versus where he really is as far as the NBA goes.

Thanks! Gonna drop the links here again because we legitimately found out in the middle of recording and it's a pretty funny moment, especially on Youtube. Here's the screen grab:

BilliesBy40 likes this

2 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Apparently his tweet and Instagram post about declaring for the draft have been deleted. This is weird

Also I am ALL IN on Nesbitt being back. ALL IN on Perkins being back. And ALL IN on us upgrading through the portal. We're playing in April next year

7 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Also I am ALL IN on Nesbitt being back. ALL IN on Perkins being back. And ALL IN on us upgrading through the portal. We're playing in April next year

I've said it before, and I will say it again, even if Perkins doesn't come back, if Ford gets the right transfers in, not superstars just good fits, I think we are a better next year than we were this year.

8 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

YUP.  Nesbitt does not need to be a starter next year, but he's a player you want at least on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

YUP.  Nesbitt does not need to be a starter next year, but he's a player you want at least on the bench. 

I think Nesbitt could become an NBA player.  He just needs to be patient and let his game and his approach develop.  If he has a Conklin summer or a Bess/Goodwin style evolution of his shooting, he could start to turn the heads of some NBA scouts.