Think Francois will give Ford a call ?

What to buy a new bronco?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

The mizzou board thinks travis is too "slimy", but has sean miller at the top of his wish list. I cant think of a reason ford would want that job over the billikens. i guess it is possible

Ha! Ha! Ha! LMAO! Sean Miller is the epitome of slimy!!!

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

Think Francois will give Ford a call ?

Ford certainly won’t be at the top of their list. But if they do an “exhaustive” search (and don’t already have 2-3 finalists in mind) I imagine Travis’s agent will at least get a call to see if there is any mutual interest.

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Ford certainly won’t be at the top of their list. But if they do an “exhaustive” search (and don’t already have 2-3 finalists in mind) I imagine Travis’s agent will at least get a call to see if there is any mutual interest.

If this goes like any of the last couple coaching searches they will make it down to Plan C or D at least. 

So the Mizzou P-D reporter did list Travis Ford as a potential candidate. Anyone think that TF would interview for the Mizzou job? I'm certainly not close living here in FL but I think it's doubtful...Thoughts?

I bet T. Ford is at the top of their list. But we pay T. Ford enough to stay, and honestly, who would choose to go to Mizzou after they destroyed Martin for one bad season. After 10+ years of relative success. We gave Crews 2 horrible years, after 2 previous years where he showed he was not good at recruiting.

12 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I bet T. Ford is at the top of their list. But we pay T. Ford enough to stay, and honestly, who would choose to go to Mizzou after they destroyed Martin for one bad season. After 10+ years of relative success. We gave Crews 2 horrible years, after 2 previous years where he showed he was not good at recruiting.

Lol go back and check Martin’s records or raise your standards.

BilliesBy40 likes this

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

So the Mizzou P-D reporter did list Travis Ford as a potential candidate. Anyone think that TF would interview for the Mizzou job? I'm certainly not close living here in FL but I think it's doubtful...Thoughts?

KC Star article didn’t list Travis. They had some pretty good candidates listed; eg San Francisco HC, Murray St HC, who are all fairly young. 

The more I think about it, firing Martin this year is a wildly stupid decision. We bad mouth Martin, but he is definitely a good game/bench coach. I have never disliked his in-game decisions or strategy. He is a good, but not great recruiter. He is strange because he brings in the best players (Porters et al), and then brings in a lot of other underwhelming players. Overall, his recruiting isn’t bad. He inherited the biggest dumpster fire in Mizzou’s history and immediately turned it around. This year, his recruits did not pan out, but everyone respected Yaya Keita before his injury. That may have really hurt this team. No one knows why Xavier Pinson left, but it is clear he had a strong attitude. I think an AD has to have a better feel for the situation than this. You cannot pull the plug on a good coach, because the alternative could be a lot worse. 

Crystal Ball prediction: Mizzou will pay Martin while he takes another team to the dance, while they are struggling in the bottom half of the SEC.

I have to think Travis feels pretty secure at SLU, so we’d have to know how strong his desire is to return to a P5 program where there is less security and a ton more pressure to produce an immediate winner. He’s paid well, has great facilities, and has a pool of local players to recruit that are capable of competing in the A-10. In short, he’s in a pretty good situation at SLU. Still, the allure and prestige of a P5 job is strong. We just don’t know what’s more important to him; comfort zone or a more prestigious hot seat. Does he stay at SLU and possibly become a McKillop or a Few, or jump to a P5 and become a Martin or a Crean? Does anyone on here know him well enough to know his priorities? 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/who-s-mizzou-s-next-basketball-coach-reed-francois-could-start-with-this-list/article_eab76141-bf59-5a0d-a344-47c8264e0b4d.html  Ford’s name is listed here, but his name seems to be more of a media push more than anything.  Kim English has alumni backing, according to this report

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

KC Star article didn’t list Travis. They had some pretty good candidates listed; eg San Francisco HC, Murray St HC, who are all fairly young. 

It was an excellent list.  I didn't realize there were that many good prospects under the age of 45, one who has a direct connection to Francois.

Mizzou’s decision to join the SEC will haunt Mizzou forever.  They have never been consistent football players and really can’t compete with Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, and now Texas and Oklahoma. In basketball, it’s Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc., etc.  They will be perennial doormats.  Mizzou should just crawl back to the leftover Big 12 and dominate there.  At least they’ll be back with Kansas.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Mizzou’s decision to join the SEC will haunt Mizzou forever.  They have never been consistent football players and really can’t compete with Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, and now Texas and Oklahoma. In basketball, it’s Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc., etc.  They will be perennial doormats.  Mizzou should just crawl back to the leftover Big 12 and dominate there.  At least they’ll be back with Kansas.

Agree that the SEC is not a good conference for Mizzou. Going back to when they made the move, it was obvious that they wanted an invite to the Big 10. Nebraska got that call, and then Mizzou jumped to the SEC. Football is and always will be the No. 1 sport in the SEC. The facilities at Mizzou are a joke compared to most of the teams in the SEC.