Coaching Carousel

BLIKNS

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, DOC said:

If I was looking for a guy to lead a mid-major program it would be Bruce Weber. He does everything the right way and he can recruit and he can coach. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

David cox is out at rhody 

I felt as bad for David Cox as I have felt for any coach in quite a while yesterday.  

To set the scene for those who did not watch the  game:  Richmond up by 2 with the ball.  25 seconds left in the game and 10 on the shot clock.  Gilyard, their best fee throw shooter, way out on the floor, dribbling and running out of clock.  El Amin promptly fouls him, sending Gilyard to the line.

Camera zooms in on Cox.  Tragic, despondent look on his face.  No anger.  Just a guy who is at wit’s end and has surrendered.  He says to El Amin (easy to lip read) “what are you dooooing???”in a soft sort of way.  Then he puts his arm around him.  Almost brought a tear to my eye.

Gilyard hits both free throws and the game is over.  

I don't want to say I told you so, but a few on this website told me no way Mizzou would let Martin go. The boosters would not do that as it would cost too much. Well it looks like the major boosters thought it was time for him to go.