Jump to content

2021-2022 Season


Aquinas
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Will this mean no fans?

I don't see why it would? I imagine Chaifetz Arena staff has been prepped for the possibility of hosting since the St.B cancellation and is more than capable of hosting fans on a few days notice.

Then again I don't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should we be worried about Jimmerson’s 3 point shooting? His first year he shot 42%, last year 39%, and this year he is only shooting 36%. Only 2-12 in his last 3 games. 

Not worried in the least, if you watch our offense any shot he takes is a good shot.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should we be worried about Jimmerson’s 3 point shooting? His first year he shot 42%, last year 39%, and this year he is only shooting 36%. Only 2-12 in his last 3 games. 

I expected the big athletic guards for UAB, Auburn and Iona to hurry Jimerson's shots.  Against Belmont he shot fine.  Yuri carved up Boston College's defense and created open shots for everybody, including Jimerson.  And he had an off day shooting from distance against Richmond.

If this pattern continues, Jimerson will shot his normal 40+% against the lower half of the conference and continue to struggle against the defensive minded teams in the top half of the conference.  Eventually he'll have that 5/7 game from three that will inch his overall average closer to 40%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should we be worried about Jimmerson’s 3 point shooting? His first year he shot 42%, last year 39%, and this year he is only shooting 36%. Only 2-12 in his last 3 games. 

he is a marked man.  pitino face guarded him all night.   so he is being pressured by far better athletes and defenses than he's ever seen.   as long as he is over 33% he is fine imo.   (2-6 threes = 3 -6 inside the arc, i think we are all happy with 50% shooting)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he is a marked man.  pitino face guarded him all night.   so he is being pressured by far better athletes and defenses than he's ever seen.   as long as he is over 33% he is fine imo.   (2-6 threes = 3 -6 inside the arc, i think we are all happy with 50% shooting)

I'm just glad that he has adjusted and found other ways to score. The future key to him becoming a how volume 3 point shooter is dependent on putting other outside threats on the floor with him..ie Kramer, Parker...or maybe Perkins.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

Not worried in the least, if you watch our offense any shot he takes is a good shot.  

Then why isn't he making them?  We need him in the 40-44% range to win the Conference.  I used to feel confident when he put up a shot from the arc, now not at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bauman said:

Then why isn't he making them?  We need him in the 40-44% range to win the Conference.  I used to feel confident when he put up a shot from the arc, now not at all.

It is not his job to solve your confidence issues. That is on you. Try deep breathing exercises. Visualize the ball going in when he shoots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Then why isn't he making them?  We need him in the 40-44% range to win the Conference.  I used to feel confident when he put up a shot from the arc, now not at all.

He has a quick release but a  great shooter always has his legs set before shooting. Gibson is all over the place and he constantly seems to be slipping in and out of breaks. Case in point his mid range off a dribble  is usually money but he also has his legs set better before shooting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

he is a marked man.  pitino face guarded him all night.   so he is being pressured by far better athletes and defenses than he's ever seen.   as long as he is over 33% he is fine imo.   (2-6 threes = 3 -6 inside the arc, i think we are all happy with 50% shooting)

I can recall 2 games in the last 2 years where Gibby missed critical 3s that could have turned games in our favor; Minnesota down by 4 w/about 3 min left -miss. This year Auburn wide open with about 2 min left that could have given us the lead-miss. I realize that’s only 2 shots but they were big shots you want your sniper to nail. I like the way he’s adjusted his game, but would like to see a little more sniper emerge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My theory is that Gibson is not making threes at his normal clip because he is still adjusting to the other new facets of his offense (getting to the basket, running off pin-downs, drawing fouls). As he continues to settle into his new role, the 3-point shooting will come accordingly. That’s my theory at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I can recall 2 games in the last 2 years where Gibby missed critical 3s that could have turned games in our favor; Minnesota down by 4 w/about 3 min left -miss. This year Auburn wide open with about 2 min left that could have given us the lead-miss. I realize that’s only 2 shots but they were big shots you want your sniper to nail. I like the way he’s adjusted his game, but would like to see a little more sniper emerge. 

He's just a freshman.  😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I can recall 2 games in the last 2 years where Gibby missed critical 3s that could have turned games in our favor; Minnesota down by 4 w/about 3 min left -miss. This year Auburn wide open with about 2 min left that could have given us the lead-miss. I realize that’s only 2 shots but they were big shots you want your sniper to nail. I like the way he’s adjusted his game, but would like to see a little more sniper emerge. 

Ya that's my thing too is he never seems to hit the big shot. But I'm still holding out for it to happen. One day he's gonna shut me up and make a dagger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, NH said:

My theory is that Gibson is not making threes at his normal clip because he is still adjusting to the other new facets of his offense (getting to the basket, running off pin-downs, drawing fouls). As he continues to settle into his new role, the 3-point shooting will come accordingly. That’s my theory at least. 

I like that theory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...